Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Scroll

Scroll

Scroll

China!

• Like 1

Who is Satanas?

Is he Satan's sultana loving kid brother?

• Like 2

I like sending messages with jesus and god in small letters. It makes more fundy heads explode.

• Like 2

In getting closer to God ... good intentions or just knowing that you need to won't be enough to get it done. Rather, it must be a conscious daily effort. We must seek God with a relentless passion.

He’s wants so much for you to have a personal relationship with him and for you to be closer to him, but he’s also the completely silent, invisible, undisputed reigning hide and seek champion of the universe. So yeah, seek with a relentless passion indeed.

I found this quote very reassuring. But probably not in the way that the writer intended! God loves and wants a relationship with us SOOOOO much that he's invisible and plays sadistic hide-and-seek! But he LOVES you!

In other news, I did something uncharacteristic, and pointed out a fallacious argument in a relative's post about guns. One of his friends replied to me in an extremely stupid way. It was very, very satisfying to point out the ways he was wrong. You know when someone ends with a blustery "BITCH!" that you've got 'em good. 

Relentless passion is Christianese for hysterical compulsion

• Like 1

2qjg8dc.jpg

Yeah...she's blind, not mute...

• Like 3

Satan's 10 Commandments to the Homosexual Lobby. It's as bad as it sounds. 

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kokoski/130410

By the way, this was posted by a great FB page called Stuff Christian Culture Likes. It's from a blog by a kinda-sorta former Christian who posts goofy stuff like this. It's kind of like this topic, except it's actually on Facebook. 

Saw this gem today. 

558032_579233835428966_1387061676_n.jpg

2qjg8dc.jpg

Yeah, as a legally blind person whose wife is completely blind and who knows lots of blind people... Jesus Christ that picture is patronizing. It's like they think it's a miracle that a blind person can do anything. Fuck them. 

• Like 5

2qjg8dc.jpg

Yeah, as a legally blind person whose wife is completely blind and who knows lots of blind people... Jesus Christ that picture is patronizing. It's like they think it's a miracle that a blind person can do anything. Fuck them. 

If anything it's actually quite normal for a blind person to develop musical talent, particularly a good singing voice.  Without sight they rely on sound a lot more than most people.  I have a cousin who became a musical therapist and really took to music after he lost most of his sight during an operation to remove a tumor as an adolescent.

2qjg8dc.jpg

Bitch, please.

Ray-Charles.jpg

...ignorant, patronizing, assholes

• Like 4

They give god the credit for a blind girl singing? Do they also give god credit for her being blind in

the first place? The Xtians are the ones who are blind. bill

• Like 1

In reference to Noah's flood:

"I have trouble reconciling the pairs of animals being the source for all animals alive today - doesn't seem to account for the genetic diversity we observe.
But if God is all powerful, he can do whatever the fuck he wants, and so every imaginable inconsistency is rendered consistent."

I find that just utterly incredible. How could anyone in this frame of mind accept anything being self evident.

• Like 1

In reference to Noah's flood:

"I have trouble reconciling the pairs of animals being the source for all animals alive today - doesn't seem to account for the genetic diversity we observe.

But if God is all powerful, he can do whatever the fuck he wants, and so every imaginable inconsistency is rendered consistent."

I find that just utterly incredible. How could anyone in this frame of mind accept anything being self evident.

Wait, wait...the Christian actually said that last sentence?  In all seriousness?  "God can do whatever the fuck he wants"?  I can't even...

Is Satanas a Mexican guitarist?

Saw this gem today. 

558032_579233835428966_1387061676_n.jpg

But... but...

Okay. Someone is REALLY that stupid?! 

Satan's 10 Commandments to the Homosexual Lobby. It's as bad as it sounds. 

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kokoski/130410

By the way, this was posted by a great FB page called Stuff Christian Culture Likes. It's from a blog by a kinda-sorta former Christian who posts goofy stuff like this. It's kind of like this topic, except it's actually on Facebook. 

Holy shit, there are Christians on that FB page that I'd actually hang with.

This was a status, posted with a photo of a couple young men hoisting a big dresser:

I am so grateful first to God and these lovely men of God. It is amazing being a woman and being weak and unable to move stuff like men. The Lord blessed me with this amazing dresser for a little nothing. I have always just been such a planner and executing things out. Since my walk with The Lord I have really discovered that it is ok to be weak, broken and lean on him. This dresser weighed soo much. I was like Lord how in the world am I going to get it in my house??? Plus I needed some exercise equipment moved to the basement. Uggghhh. I just prayed. Asked God to help me and these beautiful men came to rescue my moving efforts with such tender care and love. I thank God for the men of God who look out for us single ladies. Love y'all so much. Blessings to all men that keep it real and help us single ladies out!!

This was a status, posted with a photo of a couple young men hoisting a big dresser:

I am so grateful first to God and these lovely men of God. It is amazing being a woman and being weak and unable to move stuff like men. The Lord blessed me with this amazing dresser for a little nothing. I have always just been such a planner and executing things out. Since my walk with The Lord I have really discovered that it is ok to be weak, broken and lean on him. This dresser weighed soo much. I was like Lord how in the world am I going to get it in my house??? Plus I needed some exercise equipment moved to the basement. Uggghhh. I just prayed. Asked God to help me and these beautiful men came to rescue my moving efforts with such tender care and love. I thank God for the men of God who look out for us single ladies. Love y'all so much. Blessings to all men that keep it real and help us single ladies out!!

'being a woman and being weak'

Stop right there. I need a moment to weep for humanity. And visualise hitting this idiot over the head repeatedly Wendybanghead.gif

Christian 1 FB Status:  "Casually walking home from work...and a rock falls off a building and lands just infront of me! It smashed into pieces and the little pieces even found their way into my shoes. Had I take one more step that would have landed on my head!!! Happy to be alive :)"

Christian 2 comment: "Praise God"

Christian 3 comment: "Someone is looking out for you!!"

Good grief.  I'm glad to see the original poster didn't necessarily attribute her narrow escape from death to God.  It's the commentators that grate on me.

1. If God was not actually involved, then he deserves no credit.

2.  If God was actually involved, why did he let the rock fall at all? Why did he not miraculously repair the dodgy masonry?

3. If he is in total control of the physical universe, and he let it fall, but miss, how does this demonstrate that he is looking out for her?  He is the one that let it fall.  If I took a magnifying glass and burned the ground around an ant, so it feels the heat but doesn't die, how am I looking after the ant?  I'm taunting it with near death!

4. How does it help a person's well-being to put them through trauma?

5. If he wanted to be credited with saving her, why not make it more obvious that he was involved, to differentiate this event from all the other randomly falling masonry?  Like, sending a visible angel to catch the rock, for example.

Ugh.  The stupid.  It hurts.

On a brighter note, I'm glad she didn't get hurt because she's really rather lovely.

• Like 1

In relation to the Boston Marathon bombing yesterday.

"Thank God the 3rd bomb was found before it went off!!"

My response...

"I guess God was slow to act today."

*crickets*

• Like 4

an interesting, mostly civil conversation i had yesterday

psalm_zps0ff5de54.jpg

an interesting, mostly civil conversation i had yesterday

psalm_zps0ff5de54.jpg

Love how when anyone argues on the internet with someone they know, the smiley faces come out in full force!

• Like 1

As you know, gay marriage was made into law overnight. Naturally, the God Squad was out in force. Highlights included:

*People listing off Bible verses as comfort. (Whatever helps you sleep at night.)

*The slippery slope fallacy everywhere. (Yes people will start marrying animals soon because they can make binding contracts. What a retarded thing to say.)

*Someone saying that God will have to apologise to Sodom and Gomorrah if he lets us go unpunished. (You fuckheads probably think God caused our drought earlier this year because he knew we'd eventually legalise gay marriage. Too bad he broke said drought before the bill passed but hey, he works in mysterious ways no doubt)

*Someone else predicting "Taking God out of schools... banning bibles in motel rooms... the decline will continue" as though it's a bad thing.

*One chick getting really upset because she feels her marriage is now worthless. (Honey, I think that says more about your marriage than the bill.)

*And the obligatory "I don't hate gays". (Take out everything before the word "but" and I wonder if you'd say what you have left in front of your "gay friends".)

I'll probably have some more ranting for later. Thankfully our liberals were making their presence felt too.