Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

This one really bugged me today, it's not particularly crazy or weird I just took it personally. I think I'm a bit sensitive at the moment because I'm a new deconvert and none of my Facebook fundie friends know but everything they post seems like it's meant just for me and I want to yell NO! This is not true:

Most people who have fallen in recent times would not have fallen if they had not given some kind of place to the devil in their minds. Those who have fallen would be the very first to tell you that they left a door open for demonic attack somewhere along the way, by not dealing with some unseen, private area of their lives.Demon spirits have absolutely no power to bring about destruction unless they can find an open door into a person's mind. If such an entrance into the mind can be located, then from this lofty position, evil influences and attacks can begin to be waged upon the individual. -- RICK RENNER - this is one worth "sharing"

Remember:

1. Christianity always works. Except when it doesn't.

2. If Christianity doesn't work for you, then it's always your fault.

It's the sin in the "unseen, private part of their lives" line that gets me. Of course it has to be some shameful thing that I've done that I can't prove otherwise.

It's masturbation. Whenever a Christian talks about a hidden sin, it's always masturbation.

Sex, sex, sex.  Everything is sex with Christians.

• 2 weeks later...

On my BIL's fb page

'Man says show me and I'll trust you

God says trust me and I'll show you

God's way is better. Ps 126:6'

Now why is that better?

Why not just show me?

Why withold anything from your child because they won't play along blindly?

On my BIL's fb page

'Man says show me and I'll trust you

God says trust me and I'll show you

God's way is better. Ps 126:6'

Now why is that better?

Why not just show me?

Why withold anything from your child because they won't play along blindly?

Really! Don't you hate to see parents torture their kids that way? I do!

Yep, I prefer to reward my children's inquisitive nature and applaud their exploration of their world.

But BIL just wants obedient automatons :(

• Like 2

This one really bugged me today, it's not particularly crazy or weird I just took it personally. I think I'm a bit sensitive at the moment because I'm a new deconvert and none of my Facebook fundie friends know but everything they post seems like it's meant just for me and I want to yell NO! This is not true:

Most people who have fallen in recent times would not have fallen if they had not given some kind of place to the devil in their minds. Those who have fallen would be the very first to tell you that they left a door open for demonic attack somewhere along the way, by not dealing with some unseen, private area of their lives.Demon spirits have absolutely no power to bring about destruction unless they can find an open door into a person's mind. If such an entrance into the mind can be located, then from this lofty position, evil influences and attacks can begin to be waged upon the individual. -- RICK RENNER - this is one worth "sharing"[/size]

When I recently explained to my best friend who is a pastor that I had become an Atheist and why, I was keenly aware of everywhere I had "given place to the devil" and where I had "left the door ajar" and as I was sharing these insights I had had I was explaining to him I was wonderfully aware of every point along the way I had done this by having my doubts and believing in things like evolution. I was cringing in frustration with every point of doubt knowing he was seeing it that way instead of seeing the doubt as wonderful points of illumination, like I did.

Believing anything even a little bit differently than orthodox fundy belief system or having the most minor doubts is leaving the door ajar to Satan. Doubt is a most wonderful thing as it leaves the door open to truth, reason and reality, but I knew how my friend saw it, thus the inner cringing. If I could get him to see his doubts as opening the way for potential "higher" truths maybe he could open up his mind but I doubt it.

Rez

This one really bugged me today, it's not particularly crazy or weird I just took it personally. I think I'm a bit sensitive at the moment because I'm a new deconvert and none of my Facebook fundie friends know but everything they post seems like it's meant just for me and I want to yell NO! This is not true: Most people who have fallen in recent times would not have fallen if they had not given some kind of place to the devil in their minds. Those who have fallen would be the very first to tell you that they left a door open for demonic attack somewhere along the way, by not dealing with some unseen, private area of their lives.Demon spirits have absolutely no power to bring about destruction unless they can find an open door into a person's mind. If such an entrance into the mind can be located, then from this lofty position, evil influences and attacks can begin to be waged upon the individual. -- RICK RENNER - this is one worth "sharing"[/size]

When I recently explained to my best friend who is a pastor that I had become an Atheist and why, I was keenly aware of everywhere I had "given place to the devil" and where I had "left the door ajar" and as I was sharing these insights I had had I was explaining to him I was wonderfully aware of every point along the way I had done this by having my doubts and believing in things like evolution. I was cringing in frustration with every point of doubt knowing he was seeing it that way instead of seeing the doubt as wonderful points of illumination, like I did. Believing anything even a little bit differently than orthodox fundy belief system or having the most minor doubts is leaving the door ajar to Satan. Doubt is a most wonderful thing as it leaves the door open to truth, reason and reality, but I knew how my friend saw it, thus the inner cringing. If I could get him to see his doubts as opening the way for potential "higher" truths maybe he could open up his mind but I doubt it.Rez

I love this, Rez! We haven't given place to the devil, we've simply left a door open for the truth!

Most people who have fallen in recent times would not have fallen if they had not given some kind of place to the devil in their minds. Those who have fallen would be the very first to tell you that they left a door open for demonic attack somewhere along the way, by not dealing with some unseen, private area of their lives.Demon spirits have absolutely no power to bring about destruction unless they can find an open door into a person's mind. If such an entrance into the mind can be located, then from this lofty position, evil influences and attacks can begin to be waged upon the individual. -- RICK RENNER - this is one worth "sharing"[/size]

When I recently explained to my best friend who is a pastor that I had become an Atheist and why, I was keenly aware of everywhere I had "given place to the devil" and where I had "left the door ajar" and as I was sharing these insights I had had I was explaining to him I was wonderfully aware of every point along the way I had done this by having my doubts and believing in things like evolution. I was cringing in frustration with every point of doubt knowing he was seeing it that way instead of seeing the doubt as wonderful points of illumination, like I did.

Believing anything even a little bit differently than orthodox fundy belief system or having the most minor doubts is leaving the door ajar to Satan. Doubt is a most wonderful thing as it leaves the door open to truth, reason and reality, but I knew how my friend saw it, thus the inner cringing. If I could get him to see his doubts as opening the way for potential "higher" truths maybe he could open up his mind but I doubt it.

Rez

I've told very few people, just my family really. The tiny group of other people that I've told I told in a letter for this very reason. I wanted to make sure I said nothing that they could latch onto to say "Aha! You see it's not about rationality, it's about the devil or your secret sin or your daddy issues"...they still did it though :(

let's start counting how many things are wrong with this

fb_zps219cbe5e.jpg

fb_zps219cbe5e.jpg

When I saw "Hope for Jonathan" but hadn't read the rest, I thought it was about a kid with a terminal illness.

I hate those "If I get [insert number] likes...." posts. I don't want to "like" them, because what can pressing a button really do? Does anyone actually believe that a child's father will stop drinking if he only gets so many likes? And then I feel guilty for not pressing like.

And that father treats Jonathan's decision to leave the church like it's cancer. "Hope for Jonathan." It is calculated to make you feel guilty for not going along with it.

• Like 1

My grandmother posted a photo that said:

I'm nothing without god.

I responded:

It is a shame to see yourself as nothing alone.

Her immidiate responce:

No it is not. My beliefs are mine and yours are yours. I AM ALL THAT I AM BECAUSE HE LOVES ME.

Me:

O_o I was NOT attacking your beliefs, it was an observation.

Her:

Your observation brings out my proclamation. Love u. 

Later I found out she was going through a tough time with some personal issues... After I broke that shell she became more open and I expressed to her that even without God she was something to me. This made her pause for a long while, she then dove deeper into some other issues that were literally bringing her to tears, after which I said 'I hope God isn't as the bible describes him, I hope he is better than that.' - I couldn't just keep telling her he didn't exist, she lastly admitted that he was all she had left to stand on. 

I remember my deconversion, it does not happen in one conversation, it took me three years to get over God.

Although the sense of 'worthlessness' God has given her has driven her to the depths of a worldy hell, and she still has not realized that the thing she thinks is pulling her up, is the thing that is dragging her down, further and further into depression. 

Rez

Some people find comfort in the structure of predefined philosophies and systems of belief. They cannot handle independent unstructured creative ways of thinking. They despise change. This makes them perfect for Christianity. :-)

The act of independent thought by itself has to be the ultimate evil according to a Christian.

Nothing to report at the moment team, but I'm just making a prediction.

I expect to see some smart-alecy comments in relation to the royal baby.  To the effect of "Jesus is the real Royal Son" etc etc.  Blah blah blah, vom.

I don't get why anyone cares about the Royal Baby. Especially in the US.

I've been perfectly happy ignoring it, and I won't even know its name.

It's just so stupid and overblown.

I guess I'm just outside of the tabloid culture. I could give two shits about how many children Angelina and Brad have adopted, how bad a parenting decision Kanye naming his evil Kardashian spawn 'North' is, or whether Tom Cruise's daughter gave an obnoxious photographer the finger or not. [i only know any of that because everyone has to stand in line at the grocery store sometimes.]

It's not news. It's just a waste of printing ink, bandwith, and air time as far as I'm concerned.

Christians eat that shit up though. Seriously, my family is posting all kinds of drivel about it on FB. Nothing worth repeating, but you'd think they were waiting on Christ to pop out of her vagina the way they're buzzing about it. [Maybe they are? In which case he would have to be a member of the Church of England. LOL.]

Anyway, don't care. Unless it comes out with an axe and thrashing Motley Crew with a doobie between its lips, a pair of shades on, and a Deth Rok tattoo on its right arm, I'm not likely to ever give a single fuck.

The super fundies say dumb shit about anything that makes them stop thinking about their glorified pin cushion on a stick for ten seconds anyway. I seriously heard someone argue that Baskin Robins was a sinful place once because 'Praline Fudge Triple Cock Delight' apparently made them momentarily stop thinking about how awesome it will be to give the undead Jew a handjob when he makes his glorious return in a couple days or so.

• Like 2

Later I found out she was going through a tough time with some personal issues... After I broke that shell she became more open and I expressed to her that even without God she was something to me. This made her pause for a long while, she then dove deeper into some other issues that were literally bringing her to tears, after which I said 'I hope God isn't as the bible describes him, I hope he is better than that.' - I couldn't just keep telling her he didn't exist, she lastly admitted that he was all she had left to stand on. 

Aaaaaand cue the tears.

That's heartbreaking. I'm glad she has you as a grandchild.

I guess I'm just outside of the tabloid culture. I could give two shits about how many children Angelina and Brad have adopted, how bad a parenting decision Kanye naming his evil Kardashian spawn 'North' is, or whether Tom Cruise's daughter gave an obnoxious photographer the finger or not. [i only know any of that because everyone has to stand in line at the grocery store sometimes.]

It's not news. It's just a waste of printing ink, bandwith, and air time as far as I'm concerned.

What I don't get is how much the people who "don't care" want to rant and rave about how much they don't care.

¬¬

I might cautiously suggest that to us to the people in the UK, the birth of our future King is worth a bit of air time.  This person will wield considerable power and influence in the future.  What is more, the majority of people here like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and they like the Queen, and so it's worth maybe a spot of news.  That's the angle for the broadcasters.

But may I also suggest that if you think anyone who takes an interest in the birth is some sort of royal fanatic, that is hardly accurate.  I've been at work today - no-one's talking about it.  It's like, "Oh, that's nice, very good - now back to my actual life."  We have a right to be mildly interested in something without someone then coming along and accusing us of being tabloid-frenzied masses.

But, from what I gather, it is much bigger news in the USA.  Which, seems a little bit strange to me.

• Like 2

Posted by a Lutheran minister, he must be getting sick of the fundies.

post-6954-0-23241400-1374580981_thumb.png

• Like 1

ever since princess Di's wedding in the 80's and her death in the 90's all things royal get airtime over here.   There is a fairly decent demographic in my age group who watched the Princess Di "Fairytale wedding"  and wanted their just like it. 

My wife was nursing our daughter in the hospital just after giving birth and watched the Will and Kate wedding live.  Mainly because after giving birth both times she didn't sleep much for about two weeks after.  

You'll also find that the popularity of the Philipa Gregory romance histories of the English kings and queens are really popular.  That is where ​The Other Boleyn Girl  movie came from and why it was made. 

Disney did a great job raising generations of girls wanting to be princesses. 

The stupid... it burns...

christians1.JPG

• Like 1

attachicon.gifchristians1.JPG

Uh, wow.  I guess all the testimonies of it being a bad thing are discounted, of course.  Wow, that was something. 

attachicon.gifchristians1.JPG

Many rational people claim that believing in alien abduction and communicating telepathically with aliens is a medical condition or some other psychological disorder. On the surface it might sound pretty logical until you uncover a few things.

First thing is everyone that is abducted by aliens isn't claiming a random alien or some made up spaceship they are always claiming the alien with the bug eyes. Not Predator or Spock or even Chewbacca. All these people are abducted by aliens and their life changes very drastically for the better. Secondly is the actual experiences that each individual has. The similarities in each experience is almost verbatim to its counterpart.

In order to claim it is some form of psychological disorder or medical condition is flawed due to the fact that experiences would have to be more random. You can't have everyone claiming and professing to have been anally probed by aliens if it's simply a disorder. Example: if 1000 people all have the same exact hallucination it wasn't a hallucination. There needs to be a more random outcome. When you have a very consistent abduction experience and hear the testimonies from millions and millions of people over years and years and years it destroys any attempt at a psychological theory.

Next time I will go into the theory that everyone watches too much Star Trek.

• Like 2

fb_zps219cbe5e.jpg

The image of the dad baptizing the kid in the river or lake shows exactly what kind of fundies they are. I wonder how old the kid is now.

What I don't get is how much the people who "don't care" want to rant and rave about how much they don't care.

¬¬

I might cautiously suggest that to us to the people in the UK, the birth of our future King is worth a bit of air time.  This person will wield considerable power and influence in the future.  What is more, the majority of people here like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and they like the Queen, and so it's worth maybe a spot of news.  That's the angle for the broadcasters.

But may I also suggest that if you think anyone who takes an interest in the birth is some sort of royal fanatic, that is hardly accurate.  I've been at work today - no-one's talking about it.  It's like, "Oh, that's nice, very good - now back to my actual life."  We have a right to be mildly interested in something without someone then coming along and accusing us of being tabloid-frenzied masses.

But, from what I gather, it is much bigger news in the USA.  Which, seems a little bit strange to me.

It's because some of us get tired of being constantly bombarded with it and irritated that it replaces real news.

It's not that there's coverage of it, it's that there's an obnoxious amount of coverage about it.

If it was a cute segment on Good Morning America once or twice I'd probably be more like "Aw, that's cute. Don't care, but that's cute." Unfortunately, it's to the point where I've become more "Who gives a shit about some stupid celebrity spawn?" Because let's face reality, the Royal Family is a symbol and has very little political importance, if any. They are really nothing more than celebrities of tradition anymore.

First, the Zimmerman trial was on every news network all day long for an entire month. Seriously, you were hard pressed to find an hours worth of actual news on any given network when it was going on in a day. Now this. It's almost like the networks in the US are trying their hardest to avoid reporting any news for as long as possible. I get most of my news online anyway, but it's seriously irritating to turn on the television and find nothing but constant coverage of the least newsworthy story available.

Yeah, I kind of get why people in the Territories would care a little. Still, the Royal family doesn't have much power. They're just a symbol these days and are nothing more than figureheads and they don't actually rule anymore. Everyone knows the real power is the Parliament and the Prime Minister. They aren't really all that important to the future of the world or Britain. It's not that big a deal.

America has no excuse. There's no good reason for any American to give two shits about any royal baby. Certainly not on the level as the amount of space and time media coverage is giving it implies.

Sometimes I hear, 'Oh, America is was a British Colony'. More than two hundred years ago, and many areas of the country were also colonized by the Spaniards and French. It's not really a valid excuse. It's like saying I should care about political figures in Ireland and Italy. I don't and never have. There's no good reason for me to care. Just like there's no good reason for me to care about the royal baby. It's getting in the way of actual important news reporting and I'm sick of hearing about it.

I see it [and yes the over coverage of the Zimmerman trial as well] as either being a deliberate distraction to keep us ignorant of more important issues in our government, or yet another example about 'news' media being ratings whores rather than giving the slightest shit about reporting any actual news. Possibly even a bit of both.

For what it's worth - my prediction about a Christian on facebook doing a tie in between Jesus and the Baby Currently Known as 'Prince',  has come to pass.  A whole blog post indeed.  But she's a nice sensible girl, and she's not a fundie douche-bag, so I'll let it slide.

I seriously heard someone argue that Baskin Robins was a sinful place once because 'Praline Fudge Triple Cock Delight'™ apparently made them momentarily stop thinking about how awesome it will be to give the undead Jew a handjob when he makes his glorious return in a couple days or so.

Lol, 'Praline Fudge Triple Cock Delight'™ sounds like the name of a very strange porn video...

• Like 1

I seriously heard someone argue that Baskin Robins was a sinful place once because 'Praline Fudge Triple Cock Delight' apparently made them momentarily stop thinking about how awesome it will be to give the undead Jew a handjob when he makes his glorious return in a couple days or so.

Lol, 'Praline Fudge Triple Cock Delight' sounds like the name of a very strange porn video...

I would think that's a pretty niche market!