Brother Jeff

On the first post of Christmas this fundy gave to me:

2 urban legends

backfire effect

confirmation bias

persecution complex

and an ad hominem fallacy

pCKZUHa.jpg

"I don't need to research a fact to stand for what I believe in." Well that just says it all really! Classic.

• Like 2

On the first post of Christmas this fundy gave to me:

2 urban legends

backfire effect

confirmation bias

persecution complex

and an ad hominem fallacy

pCKZUHa.jpg

"I don't need to research a fact to stand for what I believe in." Well that just says it all really! Classic.

If it is written on paper, it is truth. :-)

I agree. When you can go to something like biblegateway.com and instantly find some verse that's baaaaaaaaad.

I agree. When you can go to something like biblegateway.com and instantly find some verse that's baaaaaaaaad.

Biblegateway.com. God’s Gift To Atheists.

• Like 1

Stole your post for another forum.

New FB entry today:

I'm reading "Excuse me, your Life is waiting" by Lynn Grabhorn. It's talking about the laws of attraction. Keeping your mind,body & soul away from negative energy. Even teaches others how to re-think in a more positive light. However as a Christian, I don't really feel like I need a book to teach me about positive energy. My positive law of attraction is that I'm genuinely happy because I have God in my life.
I can't imagine being close to God & being a negative energy person. God is light not darkness.
Very interesting book tho.

I'm just genuinely happy. Full stop. 

New FB entry today:

I'm reading "Excuse me, your Life is waiting" by Lynn Grabhorn. It's talking about the laws of attraction. Keeping your mind,body & soul away from negative energy. Even teaches others how to re-think in a more positive light. However as a Christian, I don't really feel like I need a book to teach me about positive energy. My positive law of attraction is that I'm genuinely happy because I have God in my life.

I can't imagine being close to God & being a negative energy person. God is light not darkness.

It's really amazing how many Christians buy into the other mystical things, like positive and negative energy, astrology, and whatever, even though the Bible doesn't condone that stuff (and even condemns astrology). Or maybe it isn't amazing. If you buy one load of crap, you might as well buy two!

Not on fb, but on my brother-in-law's blog. He was talking about setting aside for retirement and possibly buying precious metals as a hedge. So this young guy who reads the blog asks the following question:

"Question: Why do people retire? Do we have any Biblical justification for it?"

Seriously. Because we have to look in the Bible to determine, not whether it's wrong to do something, but whether it's even authorized!? The Bible doesn't say I can use feathers in a pillow. I wonder whether that's authorized. sheesh.

• Like 1

Not on fb, but on my brother-in-law's blog. He was talking about setting aside for retirement and possibly buying precious metals as a hedge. So this young guy who reads the blog asks the following question:

Seriously. Because we have to look in the Bible to determine, not whether it's wrong to do something, but whether it's even authorized!? The Bible doesn't say I can use feathers in a pillow. I wonder whether that's authorized. sheesh.

It's usually not a question of whether or not it's authorized, but rather whether or not it's permitted. I've read several criticisms of retirement from Christian authors and they usually appeal to the fourth commandment ("Six days you shall labor") and Paul's statement in 2 Thess. 3:10 that those who don't work should not eat. In their minds it is wrong to retire, not because the Bible doesn't address the subject of retirement, but because it leaves no room for it.

New FB entry today:

It's really amazing how many Christians buy into the other mystical things, like positive and negative energy, astrology, and whatever, even though the Bible doesn't condone that stuff (and even condemns astrology). Or maybe it isn't amazing. If you buy one load of crap, you might as well buy two!

And multi-level marketing, and business scams.  Hey if the guy will pray with me then he must be trustworthy, right?

Huh? I'm confused....how on earth did the bible come into that?

hey, I just designed this meme to combat the upcoming 'Don't forget the reason for the season' nonsense. Feel free to grab it and use it if you like.

dont_forget_reason_zps9d9b5468.jpg

• Like 5

• Super Moderator
What's most annoying about this, isn't the picture, its the comments that evolve under the picture. 

and the fact they spelled "atheist" wrong...again.   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif   

• Like 1

hey, I just designed this meme to combat the upcoming 'Don't forget the reason for the season' nonsense. Feel free to grab it and use it if you like.

dont_forget_reason_zps9d9b5468.jpg

SWEEEET!

Another entry:

Thank you God
My muscles are sore but they work
I did not sleep well last night but I did wake up
My wallet is not full, buy my belly is.
I may not have all I want, but I have all I need.
My life is not perfect but it is good.

------

Thanks for being a mediocre god. :-)

• Like 2

969409_621065637956286_1808557489_n.jpg

This one was just too hilarious.

Today we have:

God has a reason for allowing things to happen.
We may never understand his widsom, but we simply
have to trust his will.

The ways of random chance are mysterious.

Today we have:

God has a reason for allowing things to happen.

We may never understand his widsom, but we simply

have to trust his will.

The ways of random chance are mysterious.

In other words, check your brain at the door, when putting your faith in an imaginary being.

God allowed "insert any atrocity here" because we have to trust his wisdom and will.... :puke:

One of my catholic collague put the link "pope said atheist will go to heaven"

She was furious about this saying she could not find the context and bla bla

Very funny, I Thought for Pope's words are infallibel to catholic

Wow, you ought to see the comments! A woman I went to high school with had a double lung transplant last week. Her recovery seems to be going well. Among all of the "praise god" and "our prayers were answered" comments was one saying "praying for her spiritual health, too".

Now why would someone say that? Well, it seems our classmate practices Wicca! I suppose she attributes the successful surgery to whomever it is she prays to.

I had to leave a comment, too:

Wonderful news! 50 years ago they couldn't have accomplished this. We live in amazing times! So happy for (her name).

I don't expect anybody to notice that I didn't praise a deity or a spirit, but maybe someone will at least think about what a great job the doctors did.

• Like 1

^^^ Ugh! That's got to be frustrating. Even beyond the fact that it was medical intervention that brought about your recovery, I'd probably point out that attributing it to God while you still need medication and therapy would mean that this God couldn't complete his so-called miracle. They're actually belittling their own deity.

• Like 2

Jesus would roll his eyes at these so-called 'miracles'. When he healed someone, they were healed completely and immediately. None of this partially healed bullshit. But hang on, didn't he say that his followers would do even greater miracles than he? So how come his followers' miracles are actually so lame in comparison? 

• Like 6

Jesus would roll his eyes at these so-called 'miracles'. When he healed someone, they were healed completely and immediately. None of this partially healed bullshit. But hang on, didn't he say that his followers would do even greater miracles than he? So how come his followers' miracles are actually so lame in comparison? 

John 14:12: Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

I have had Christians try to tell me that Jesus only meant the 12 (er, 11) Apostles when he said this, and when he talked about faith moving mountains and such.