Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

[Name] is Saying... Turn your Misery into Ministry... Somebody in the World NEEDS to hear your God Story in order to Encourage their own... Just REMEMBER that a Light shines Brighter in the Darkest room... So even in your Darkest room... Give a Shout and Praise onto God for this time is only for a season... Your season of Joy is around the corner... Praise will confuse the Enemy...

Dafuq?

That was almost a Sarah Palin level of word salad. Damn.

If I hear one more of my gang on facebook saying, 'Gods' ways are so mysterious', I'm going to throw up!! Like the horrible car crash in our city the other day..'God's ways are so mysterious'........ If they only knew how I really felt....Ridigwoopsie.gif

Mysterious? Or Ridiculous? If it can't be explained in a way that makes some logical sense why would I want to accept it?

Have you seen the commercial on tv where a guy approaches another guy and says, "Hi, I have a friend who is a prince in Nigeria that needs to put $10 million in your bank account....blah blah blah..." - the other guy tells him to get lost - then the narrator says, "Internet fraud doesn't work well in person...that's why they do it on the net..."

This commercial reminds me of Christian evangelism. Have you met Jesus? (Nigerian prince) He has a wonderful plan for your life, yet is invisible and silent and speaks only thru other people (Prince needs to move $10 million to your bank account). I expect you to believe this even though when you think about it the story just doesnt add up.

Maybe the next time someone tries to evangelize me I will ask them if they will give me $500 I can just 'hold.' Now that they have asked me to accept Jesus into my life I 'feel' God putting it on my heart to 'hold' their $500 in trust because he is going to do a miracle with that money. Don't ask me to explain it, but Jesus just wants me to hold your $500 cash (preferably in 20s) for 30 days. Hallelujah! Praise God! Yes, I trust in the Lord and his mysterious ways! So, do you trust me with your $500? If not, no deal.

:-)

• Like 3

[Name] is Saying... Turn your Misery into Ministry... Somebody in the World NEEDS to hear your God Story in order to Encourage their own... Just REMEMBER that a Light shines Brighter in the Darkest room... So even in your Darkest room... Give a Shout and Praise onto God for this time is only for a season... Your season of Joy is around the corner... Praise will confuse the Enemy...

Dafuq?

That was almost a Sarah Palin level of word salad. Damn.

Just remember a light shines brighter in the darkest room....

Just remember when you hit your thumb with a hammer it hurts...

Just remember when it's winter time, it's cold out...

• Like 1

I like Flannery O'Connor. She was religious, but her writing is not overtly so.

Flannery O'Connor is the greatest American Short Story writer. Her novels are well worth the read, too. Her small collection of work all point toward the violence of grace -- how God often has to use pain and suffering to get his children to realize how much they need Him.

God is so self involved that he needs us to know we need him, no matter the cost to us. What a dick. Also, haven't read any O'Connor that I'm aware of, but I have a feeling I wont agree with the first sentence.

God causes pain and suffering to the ones he loves....which one was the bad one again? Satan? or God? It's hard to tell.

• Like 3

If I hear one more of my gang on facebook saying, 'Gods' ways are so mysterious', I'm going to throw up!! Like the horrible car crash in our city the other day..'God's ways are so mysterious'........ If they only knew how I really felt....Ridigwoopsie.gif

Betcha they won't spew that glib trash when their kids end up paraplegic after an accident.

• Like 1

“She would have been a good woman,” The Misfit said, “if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life.” from A Good Man is Hard to Find, by Flannery O'Connor

Probably one of my favorite quotes in the world. 

::giggles::

Bet your relative's favorite movie is Last Ounce of Courage. :D Good job.

[Fundie relative] What in the heck is a winterfest tree? I went downtown yesterday and saw a Christmas tree but it was marked a winterfest tree. BOOO!

[Me] Um, Winterfest is a non-profit that sets up a Nativity scene, as well as sponsoring and coordinating Christmas events and tours in Downtown Pensacola. They are a Christian group.

[Fundie relative] Really? I was sure it said a winterfest tree, which made me think of someone else trying to take Christ out of Christmas.

[Me] False Alarm. Whew.

[Fundie relative] It was an honest mistake.

[Me] No, you're right. We should put a stop to this. Let's mobilize and make sure that those heathens don't dare try to celebrate anything during this time of year without making sure that the word Christ is obvious in the title. They should know better!

[Fundie relative] Oh shut up. It was a mistake I didn't know!

[Me] Quick! Somebody call Megyn Kelly! She'll want to hear about this!

[Fundie relative] You're a jerk I'm deleting my post. happy now.

[Me] Injustice! Everyone needs to know! Don't back down now! We must save Christmas! To arms! We're under assault and we can't stand for it!

Post was deleted shortly after. I win.

[Fundie relative] You're a jerk I'm deleting my post. happy now.

After reading that whole little exchange, yes... yes I AM happy now. Ha ha!

Yes, CB, you do win.

It annoys me when fundies delete content when they realise the truth in it tickles their own doubts.

Just the other day someone shared http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Science_Confirms_the_Bible, and I responded with a few points, but the jerk deleted my response, which was a massive kick in the nuts as I actually spent time writing that :( Asshole!

• Like 1

It annoys me when fundies delete content when they realise the truth in it tickles their own doubts.

Just the other day someone shared http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Science_Confirms_the_Bible, and I responded with a few points, but the jerk deleted my response, which was a massive kick in the nuts as I actually spent time writing that sad.png Asshole!

If it tickles their own doubts then it's an attack by Satan!!!!!  Delete before Satan deceives you into surrendering your salvation!!!!!!

• Like 3

Just the other day someone shared http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Science_Confirms_the_Bible, and I responded with a few points, but the jerk deleted my response, which was a massive kick in the nuts as I actually spent time writing that sad.png Asshole!

Keep a copy after you post it. :-)

Noted!

Hands should be washed with anti-bacterial soap in addition to water...just sayin :-)

And regarding Microprocessors the bible says: __________ , science says lots.

If it tickles their own doubts then it's an attack by Satan!!!!!  Delete before Satan deceives you into surrendering your salvation!!!!!!

MM, are you implying that falemon might just be a tool of Satan? Hurray for you falemon! You can check that goal off your bucket list. (I'm just saying that you're not a true ex-C until someone calls you a tool of Satan -- congrats!)

Just teasing, falemon. It's a vote of confidence that you're doing something right. LOL. Carry on!

• Like 2

Wow!  I feel so much love from Ethan!  I do!  Such love!  And now I understand the definition of love!  I never understood love before but now I understand love and what true love is and what love truly means.  I feel such love now!  I love you all!!!

lol its actually really pathetic considering he's only getting married because he's having a baby........ umm yea made me laugh. I almost didn't even bother reading it. he tagged me in some other bible crap too... which I didn't read haha 

He dose not have Facebook but he is my friend, he does not have twitter but I follow him, he dose not have an cell phone but I can call him anytime. If you'll only add him to your friends list you will see that he will be your best friend. He will never delete or block if you send a request to him he will never ignore you...... This is my best and his name is Jesus.

He dose not have Facebook but he is my friend, he does not have twitter but I follow him, he dose not have an cell phone but I can call him anytime. If you'll only add him to your friends list you will see that he will be your best friend. He will never delete or block if you send a request to him he will never ignore you...... This is my best and his name is Jesus.

Except, most notably, when you are in a crisis of faith (after so many years of him ignoring you on pretty much every prayer up until then) and calling out to him through tears and fears, begging him to help in your mounting disbelief. No response, as usual. And that's how many of us got to this site in the end.

• Like 2

Yes. He also paints his toenails with Jesus, drinks lattes with Jesus, has inside jokes with Jesus, and he knows Jesus's deepest secrets. He's helped Jesus through personal crises and knows him like he knows himself. Best friends forever!

Someone explain to Xians what an actual friend is....

• Like 5

Yes, Lilith! And be sure to tell him that an actual friend does not hover while he masturbates, and does not read his dirty thoughts at the same time. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Yes, Lilith! And be sure to tell him that an actual friend does not hover while he masturbates, and does not read his dirty thoughts at the same time. Just sayin'.

Unless Jesus wants to experiment with him. Some guys do that but won't admit it.

Or before you post it. I've lost a few posts when the network failed during submission.

Hands should be washed with anti-bacterial soap in addition to water...just sayin :-)

I'm not so sure that's sound advice. Overuse of antibiotics has become a serious public health crisis, and I dread the day this becomes true of triclosan as well.

Or before you post it. I've lost a few posts when the network failed during submission.

I'm not so sure that's sound advice. Overuse of antibiotics has become a serious public health crisis, and I dread the day this becomes true of triclosan as well.

There was a forum I was on that you always made to sure to copy what you wrote right before clicking submit...or it could gets lost.

--

Ok, maybe I'll just use soap. ha

friend: Why did God regret? (and bunch of bible verse about God's regret)

another friend: God's attributes are the result of personification because human only can define god by the capacity of his brain

me: if god's attributes are the result of personification then what is done by god in reality?

and he has not answered it

• Like 1

MM, are you implying that falemon might just be a tool of Satan? 

Actually I wasn't but I am an authorized recruiter.  Do you think you have what it takes to serve Satan?  zDuivel7.gif