Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

MM, are you implying that falemon might just be a tool of Satan? 

Actually I wasn't but I am an authorized recruiter.  Do you think you have what it takes to serve Satan?  zDuivel7.gif

Apparently so, since my former pastor told me twice to my face  (in private, of course) that Satan was using me as a tool to divide the music ministry and the congregational ministry as a whole (since I had the nerve to point out unfair treatment, politics, public humiliation, and such) -- while I was still an active Christian, leading worship in the music ministry, and giving them about 20 hours a week of my time and talent. And I still stuck it out for several months after that. What a schmuck I was!

If he could see me now that I am no longer a believer. Muwahahahaha.

!!!!!!!!! STRAIGHT PRIDE !!!!!!!!

I am proud to be Straight and not afraid to admit it!

LIKE and SHARE if you not afraid to admit it

I am so fucking tired of all this bullshit caused by some asshole on a show I don't give a fuck about.  Blarg!

Edit: I'm half tempted to reply with "!!!111!!!1WHITE PRIDE!!!!11!11!!"

What Phil said is entirely a publicity stunt. Duck Dynasty is fake and those guys are all really white yuppies. The idiots on the show are all posers.This is a picture of them beardless and playing golf in polo shirts before the show started.

23-robertson-brothers-without-beards-duc

Not a single true redneck among them. It's all fake and this was entirely set up to boost ratings by getting everyone riled up. They knew exactly what would happen and are intentionally manipulating the public for ratings. Phil will be back on the show again before you know it and they'll make a big show of it. This is all a huge stunt and they're playing the public like a musical instrument.

It is bullshit, but not the sort of bullshit most of the public thinks it is.

Put simply, Duck Dynasty and A&E are trolling us.

• Like 2

1475877_614735191919559_1133052386_n.jpgp

• Like 5

"I've been on such a spiritual high lately. I could be homeless and broke and still be happy knowing The Lord and savior is still with me"

"Living life by the bible is much easier than sin by far! Loving my new life!"

These two quotes are by a young newly "saved" born again Christian. He is in love with Jebus.

He got clean and sober. I'm Happy for him in that regard but this sweet syrupy stuff he's posting? Bah. I want to say something but I won't.

He can carry on basking in his delusional fantasy.

• Super Moderator

^^^It won't last.

• Like 2

^^^It won't last.

I know. And I kinda feel sad for him because I know how it goes. I use to get almost euphoric when I "found" Jebus. It can be very powerful when you think you've found the answer to life.

I am so fucking tired of all this bullshit caused by some asshole on a show I don't give a fuck about.  Blarg!

Why should I be proud of something endowed upon me by biology, over which I have no control? Gay pride is an understandable reaction to thousands of years of being told that you should be ashamed of who you are. However, I look forward to the day when “gay pride” (and “black pride,” for that matter) sound as silly to our ears as “straight pride” and “white pride.”

• Like 5

"With all the disruptions to the trains, trying to get from home to parents' home should be pretty stressful! But God's had our back so far and he won't let us down!"

Yes, that's right.  God is up there controlling the British weather and train service like one big weather machine / model railway, so that you can get home for Christmas.

Sometimes, he has to take a break from his usual jobs - like giving babies Malaria - to help nice middle class folk with their holiday transportation.

(I like this friend, it just grates on me that Christianity leads her to say such illogical things.)

• Like 1

God can't end wars so all of the soldiers and their families can be reunited, but he'll make sure your fucking train runs on time, huh? Make sense.

• Like 1

"With all the disruptions to the trains, trying to get from home to parents' home should be pretty stressful! But God's had our back so far and he won't let us down!"

Yes, that's right.  God is up there controlling the British weather and train service like one big weather machine / model railway, so that you can get home for Christmas.

Sometimes, he has to take a break from his usual jobs - like giving babies Malaria - to help nice middle class folk with their holiday transportation.

(I like this friend, it just grates on me that Christianity leads her to say such illogical things.)

I met this Jewish girl who descends from survivors put it to me like this, "I can't believe in a God that just sat down and watched the Holocaust happen".

But then there's christianity that claims its because its their punishment. WTF, there were many innocent christian and atheist Jews who were murdered, as well as other minorities and anyone who aided them.

Anyways, it's so naive to think there's an intervening God who is only concerned with helping you catch your train or finding your car keys but doesn't give a shit about atrocities.

• Like 1

Tim Minchin fan, eh? ;)

gallery_4500_283_14214.png

A response to a Venn diagram of Christmas (Christian v. pagan v. secular) posted to Facebook by American Atheists. Claims to be an atheist, but it’s a fundie attitude nonetheless.

Tim Minchin fan, eh? wink.png

HELL to the YES.

• Like 1

Why should I be proud of something endowed upon me by biology, over which I have no control? Gay pride is an understandable reaction to thousands of years of being told that you should be ashamed of who you are. However, I look forward to the day when “gay pride” (and “black pride,” for that matter) sound as silly to our ears as “straight pride” and “white pride.”

Hmm. I've thought about that and wondered if nationalism is really no different. Which means either A) nationalism is dumb, or B) gay and black pride are OK and always will be.  B would lead to the conclusion that straight and white pride are also OK, because thinking otherwise would be having a racist and (for lack of a better word)

heterophobic stance.

I don't like the term "black pride." What pride is there in having a certain skin color? I think pride should come from a shared history and culture. "African-American pride" seems better, though it is a mouthful. African-Americans fought slavery, made a life for themselves after it and battled discrimination. They created the Harlem Renaissance. That is something to be proud of, and so is being in the same group as the people who did it.  Gays fought back at Stonewall and had their own culture even though it was illegal. So I don't think that gay and black pride are necessarily discriminatory. It's not that anyone is black or gay that is the big deal; it's what they did with it.

No. No, he won't let his loyal slaves down. He just didn't have time to worry about the four people who died when NY's trains screwed up.

Hmm. I've thought about that and wondered if nationalism is really no different. Which means either A) nationalism is dumb, or cool.png gay and black pride are OK and always will be.  B would lead to the conclusion that straight and white pride are also OK, because thinking otherwise would be having a racist and (for lack of a better word)

heterophobic stance.

I don't like the term "black pride." What pride is there in having a certain skin color? I think pride should come from a shared history and culture. "African-American pride" seems better, though it is a mouthful. African-Americans fought slavery, made a life for themselves after it and battled discrimination. They created the Harlem Renaissance. That is something to be proud of, and so is being in the same group as the people who did it.  Gays fought back at Stonewall and had their own culture even though it was illegal. So I don't think that gay and black pride are necessarily discriminatory. It's not that anyone is black or gay that is the big deal; it's what they did with it.

CousinRicky hits it on the head very well. The only reason we have gay and black pride is because it is unfortunately relevant.

Though I think they are both becoming perfunctory expressions. There is still racial and sexual discrimination going on, yes, but at least nowadays it's less intentional and active.

Hmm. I've thought about that and wondered if nationalism is really no different. Which means either A) nationalism is dumb, or cool.png gay and black pride are OK and always will be.  B would lead to the conclusion that straight and white pride are also OK, because thinking otherwise would be having a racist and (for lack of a better word)

heterophobic stance.

CousinRicky hits it on the head very well. The only reason we have gay and black pride is because it is unfortunately relevant.

Though I think they are both becoming perfunctory expressions. There is still racial and sexual discrimination going on, yes, but at least nowadays it's less intentional and active.

I'm personally not fond of the term 'African-American' and refuse to use it or any other 'country/continent of origin-American' label. The vast majority of the time someone is either African or Amercian, not both. People who have dual citizenship are the only time where that sort of grouping makes sense. Otherwise it's just PC bullshit that exists so people can be overly sensitive and cause problems by being offended by nothing. Getting offended by a racial slur is one thing, being a dick and trying to purposely turn a normal racial identifier with no offensive intent into an insult is just stupid and lame.

• Like 2

I'm personally not fond of the term 'African-American' and refuse to use it or any other 'country/continent of origin-American' label. The vast majority of the time someone is either African or Amercian, not both. People who have dual citizenship are the only time where that sort of grouping makes sense. Otherwise it's just PC bullshit that exists so people can be overly sensitive and cause problems by being offended by nothing. Getting offended by a racial slur is one thing, being a dick and trying to purposely turn a normal racial identifier with no offensive intent into an insult is just stupid and lame.

Because it doesn't matter to you, it shouldn't matter to them you mean?

Have you even bothered to understand why it matters to them? And whether or not you agree, the respect you give someone for having their own experience in life and perspective on a matter says a lot about ones character, don't you think :)

I've noticed a strange group of people who are offended by people who are offended by things that they are not offended by! :P

• Like 2

I tend to avoid the term African-American, because it’s 6 syllables longer than the perfectly serviceable term black, in addition to it rarely being the precise term for what I want to say. I find it baffling that intelligent people will use “African-American” and “white” in the same sentence and not see the double-standard. (The complaint that black has a negative connotation doesn’t work; these same people were chanting “Black is beautiful!” just a few years earlier.) However, I have not banned any hyphenated-American terms from my vocabulary. When the context lends itself to referring to Americans of a certain ethnic origin, I will use such a term.

Notice I said “ethnic,” not “racial.” African is not a synonym for black. Berbers and Hamites are Africans. (That second group has become a catch-all for “ethnic Africans who are not Negroid,” in light of modern discoveries that biblical genealogies do not reflect actual history. Of course, Negroid itself is suspect, now that we know that race is cultural and not biological.) A Boer who moves to the United States of America is an “African-American.” (That’ll make some PC heads explode.) If Nelson Mandela’s life meant anything, a Boer is as much a South African as a Thembu.

Thinking is hard work. Someone once mentioned to me about the “African-Americans” in Africa. Puzzled, I pointed out that there are very few African-Americans in Africa. It was then her turn to be puzzled. Time for a lesson in basic vocabulary. Someone once asked in Yahoo! Answers why it bothers people that Jesus was likely African-American. Yeah, a bunch of us (but not Megyn Kelly) corrected her.

FWIW, I am not offended by the terms African-American, Afro-American, atheist, black, colored, or Negro. I’m with George Carlin on this euphemism bullshit. (I do not speak for anyone else of my racial background or theological category.)

I'm not offended by it, but I do think it's dumb and lame. I am not offended by other people using it so long as it is not in the context of being the kind of stupid that makes accusations and gets defensive about that sort of thing.

I mentioned not using it myself, not being upset about people who use it. I do dislike people who try to force it on others and suggest that 'black' is somehow a racial slur and that they are justifiably offended by anyone who would use such a term. That happens a lot.

I dislike it as it's a bunch of political hogwash that is meant to incite and inflame more than identify.

I'm [partially] Native American for example, my father lived on a reservation in Arizona when he was a boy. It makes sense to say 'Native American' as opposed to Indian, because Indians are from Inida. I'm not shy about pointing that out, but I don't get upset and start calling people who say 'Indian' racist if there's no ill intent behind it. Often I won't even bother trying to correct it. Most of the time when I hear it it's someone who doesn't know any better and they are just trying to be friendly and strike up conversation.

Start going on about 'fire water' or speaking to me like Tonto and I'll probably take offense.

I'm also Irish and Italian on my mother's side of the family. I don't go around demanding that people call me a 'European-Native-American'.

It's less that I'm upset about the term itself, but more about how I dislike the way it's abused and the fact that it's an inaccurate description. Mostly because of the abuse of the term and how it's used to falsely label people as 'racist' and create false outrage by suggesting racism where there is none.

I won't use it and I'm not shy about explaining why when confronted. Most people accept my explanation for why I won't use the terms pretty well actually. I don't see them as Asian-American, African-American, Latin-American, or even Canadian-American. They are simply an American that has ancestors who lived in Africa and there's no need to hyphenate that fact unless they are also a citizen of another country on the continent.

heterophobic stance.

I use the term "African-American" to differentiate American blacks from those living in other nations. They have a history and culture that is unique to them. But yes, I do agree that getting touchy about African-American versus black is oversensitive, much like the new rule that sexual orientation is more correct than sexual preference.

Does that make me a: Irish-Welsh-French-German-Spanish-Jewish-Native Aboriginal Canadian?

Or could I shorthand it to Celtic/AngloSaxon-European (with some Spanish and Jew thrown in)-Native Aboriginal Canadian?

Person who is also a Canadian citizen? It just gets unwieldy… and I understand the need for identity but when I have to stop and think about how to identify ethnicity in everyday conversation it annoys me.

How about just Terran?

Well this is all hypothetical. Only time I've had it mentioned to me was when my Chinese friend incorrectly mentioned that the Chinese find Asian offensive and prefer Oriental, though I now believe it is meant to be the other way around :/

When I was contracted by the government we were told that people are whatever nationality they choose. If a white man identifies himself as Black/Caribbean, then so be it.

I do notice a bit of over generalisation going on here though. One person said something like, "the same people who were once saying 'black power' are now saying 'African-American'". Really? Well I get the reasoning, the same 'type' of person perhaps, and rightly so. I'd imagine there are a group of people who trend on racial issues and simply subscribe to the prevalent meme ;)

Though I'm just in the United Kingdom in the heart of London where it is a melting pot of different cultures from all around the world so you get used to taking note of racial tension. For example you don't call an Indian or a Pakistani a Paki, but it's okay if they do. Why? I guess you'd have to witness the racist bullying that they went through in school, and the many beatings. Recent history is attached to some words and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's not nitpicking, it's just offensive. And what's offensive to one may not be offensive to another. Some politics are unnecessary, but whatever, so long as we aren't dicks, right?

Like this one guy who for years refused to identify himself as a Somalian, which he clearly was. Reason being, he was the most pleasant guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, but because he was Somalian he got attacked badly, and it took years of psychological therapy for him to return to almost normal. He was haunted with flashbacks where he would experience the attack over and over again as if he was there (that's what a real flashback is, not just a memory, you are actually there). Now I didn't know all of that, but when he said, "I'm not a Somalian", I just knew to respect that :) Glad I did!

Though I'm just in the United Kingdom in the heart of London where it is a melting pot of different cultures from all around the world so you get used to taking note of racial tension. For example you don't call an Indian or a Pakistani a Paki, but it's okay if they do. Why? I guess you'd have to witness the racist bullying that they went through in school, and the many beatings. Recent history is attached to some words and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's not nitpicking, it's just offensive. And what's offensive to one may not be offensive to another. Some politics are unnecessary, but whatever, so long as we aren't dicks, right?

My blood boils when I hear one of my white friends use the term 'paki', as though it were the most normal thing.  What annoys me more is when I tell them off but my other intelligent white friends are not similarly outraged.  (I'm white myself btw).  I hate the idea that, since we're all one colour, it's normal to use offensive terms about others.  I won't stand for that shit.

When I first went to university though, I was surprised when a British-born ethnically Indian student used the term 'paki' in a derogatory way, about ethnically Pakistani people.  Strange, because where I come from in Northwest England the word would be used about anyone from Istanbul to New Delhi without much distinction.  It would have been used against him.  Whereas he was being much more precise in his racism.  I didn't have quite the wherewithal to tell him not to use that word though.

There's a Harry and Paul sketch where two American tourists are trying to be politically correct when talking to a black British man, calling him an 'African-Englishman'.

It does show up the peculiarity of you yanks! ;)