Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

As I was watching that video "Atheists are irrational" I was reminded of an event many years ago.   I was a new Amway dealer, and attending my first sales seminar.

The lead speaker behaved in just the same way, and got everyone fired up.  I was convinced I was going to become very wealthy by selling Amway, lol

Annier: I was tricked into attending an Amway meeting. It struck me immediately that they used the same tactics as the fundies. Some people are just born with that talent to spread bullshit. Noticing that similarity was just one of the many experiences I had that chipped away at my faith until there was nothing left.  bill

• Like 2

As I was watching that video "Atheists are irrational" I was reminded of an event many years ago.   I was a new Amway dealer, and attending my first sales seminar.

The lead speaker behaved in just the same way, and got everyone fired up.  I was convinced I was going to become very wealthy by selling Amway, lol

I remember Amway crossing my path too, many years ago.  How I wish I had been more skeptical then.  Is it any wonder I have trust issues now?

my evangelical friend who study theology tried to answer the trivia quiz:

Q: Jesus was betrayed for 30 pieces of...

a) Gold b ) Silver c) Bronze d) Copper

his answer: My goodness, the right answer is b ); however, I thought it was d)

my reaction: holy shit, you are studying theology in seminary and you cannot answer a question for sunday school children laugh.png

and he added

I need to spend more time on reading the Word of God above everything else. You know, I firmly believe the Bible is the instruction manual of my whole life!

my reaction (haven't stop laughing): I know you are taking a bus, do your bible said where to buy the ticket?how much money do you need to buy the ticket?where to wait for the bus? what time they come to the busstop?

how about sports? do bible says the rule of sports?

how about sex position? what is the recommended sex position in bible?

my evangelical friend who study theology tried to answer the trivia quiz:

Q: Jesus was betrayed for 30 pieces of...

a) Gold b ) Silver c) Bronze d) Copper

his answer: My goodness, the right answer is b ); however, I thought it was d)

my reaction: holy shit, you are studying theology in seminary and you cannot answer a question for sunday school children laugh.png

and he added

I need to spend more time on reading the Word of God above everything else. You know, I firmly believe the Bible is the instruction manual of my whole life!

my reaction (haven't stop laughing): I know you are taking a bus, do your bible said where to buy the ticket?how much money do you need to buy the ticket?where to wait for the bus? what time they come to the busstop?

The bible says nothing about how to change light bulbs, drive cars, install software....

...my reaction (haven't stop laughing): I know you are taking a bus, do your bible said where to buy the ticket?how much money do you need to buy the ticket?where to wait for the bus? what time they come to the busstop?

While the bible doesn't (to my knowledge) recommend a particular sex position, xianity certainly does.  One and only one position and form of sexual connection.  Gotta love the extent of that social control, huh.

• Like 2

"God loves you for who you are, but too much to leave you that way".

Confusing, huh?

You should submit this to the "sum up in one sentence" thread.

• Like 1

^^

Is he.. like.. supposed to be a stand-up comedian? yeah.. hilarious. Also, he reminds me very much of Colin Farrell's coke-head character in Horrible Bosses.

^^

Is he.. like.. supposed to be a stand-up comedian? yeah.. hilarious. Also, he reminds me very much of Colin Farrell's coke-head character in Horrible Bosses.

I think he's supposed to be a stand-up liar for Jebus.

"It's Friday... But Sunday's coming!"

Getting it from all sides today.

How can I forget Tony Campolo's Friday but Sunday's coming bit?  

I just posted to my FB 'getting beaten nearly to death and crucified does not sound like a good Friday"

but I got hate for it so I took it down

• Like 2

I just posted to my FB 'getting beaten nearly to death and crucified does not sound like a good Friday"

but I got hate for it so I took it down

Getting hate for it.  Just in the traditional Christian spirit.  Christians - they'd crucify most of us if they could.

• Like 4

1491710_646477748740683_4564671026808998

Religion: Don't believe = go to hell.

Gospel: Don't believe = go to hell.

• Like 3

Religion: Don't believe = go to hell.

Gospel: Don't believe = go to hell.

And that's all that matters to them. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Christians keep sharing this old Stephen Colbert interview, as if he puts Ehrman in his place: http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvine/bible-critic-says-jesus-isnt-god-stephen-colbert-leaves-him-speechless-youll-be-cheering-at-the-end-video-118175/

*head-desk*

380188_10150958279697086_81876938_n.jpg

Apparently some xians place value on whether what they say is true.  Why not run this test over your xian beliefs at the same time?

10169305_10152409831572384_1662997702254

Some of the comments on this:

"Had I not trusted him I would not make it through chemo and the possibility of being healed from breast cancer would not be possible but because I trust him I already claim the healing!!!"

"I have been miserable,hurt.worried,scared and major anxiety.My 14 year old son keeps running away and has been gone 2 weeks now out there on drugs.I have no control over him.Trials come and go but they only make me stronger.I'm giving my son to GOD and trusting him i know this to shall pass and be used for my GODS GLORY.Thank you JESUS.Please keep my son and i in your prayers."

"It is so hard to do when the reality you're facing is frightening but I am trying so hard not to be scared. God is good. I am facing homelessness in two days with no job or income and I have a car payment due. I don't see how God put me on this path as it s I who has created this catastrophe in my life. Why would God put someone through this? In the past three days I have loaded & unloaded my car with all my belongings 4 times. I have enough money for a hotel for 2 nights then hopefully I will be approved for an apartment on Saturday and hopefully will get a job immediately. I feel for every single person who is facing and dealing with fear; I for one have never been so frightened in all my life. God bless all who are struggling right now."

Seen earlier today:

your words are claiming the bible has errors at worst, or uninspired parts at best. Please reconsider your statement or retract it.

What the fuck???

380188_10150958279697086_81876938_n.jpg

Apparently some xians place value on whether what they say is true.  Why not run this test over your xian beliefs at the same time?

A fundy posted this one a week or two back. Made me laugh. "Is it true?" - As in verifiable? You know, like when someone says, "Jesus put in on my heart to....."

Seen earlier today:

your words are claiming the bible has errors at worst, or uninspired parts at best. Please reconsider your statement or retract it.

What the fuck???

Yes yes...I see what you mean....when I meant the bible had errors or was uninspired what I really meant to say is the bible is bullshit. lol :-)

Seen earlier today:

What the fuck???

Bible is not the word of god, why christians loves to make sacred objects and being the bible idol?

How’s this for a response: “Are those my only two choices? ’Cause I was holding back.”

• Like 1