Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Joyce Meyers gets my blood boiling. Not only does she do that bullshit Prosperity Gospel, but she places all blame for all a Christian's problems on that Christian. Are you depressed? Clearly you just don't trust your god enough! Are you having issues in your life? You're not obedient enough! (Obedience is measured in great part, of course, by how much money you give to her "ministry".)She's nice and obedient (whatever that means for herself) so she gets a private plane and enough money to bathe in. If you don't have that, clearly you are doing something wrong spiritually and it's all your fault. I feel so awful for the Christians who don't know what a master fleecer she is.

• Like 1

I caught a small piece of a Joyce M. sermon a few months ago.   She made the statement that she couldn't get out of bed if it weren't for jesus.   WTF?   She has been playing the tired, worn-out housewife bit for 20+ years now.  She has enough $ that the only thing she has to worry about anymore is being Joyce M.  and she can take a long sabbatical from that if she needs to.    What a fraud.  

• Like 1

BTW, there are no atheists and/or agnostics. I thought I was one once upon a time. You think I wanted to become a Christian? No way! There are not two or three truths, there is only one. Sooner or later we all will cry out to God. I did. When you do, we'll take you in.

sigh... as a believer in leprechauns I can say with full confidence that there is no such thing as people who don't believe in leprechauns.  You know you believe deep down..

• Like 1

BTW, there are no atheists and/or agnostics. I thought I was one once upon a time. You think I wanted to become a Christian? No way! There are not two or three truths, there is only one. Sooner or later we all will cry out to God. I did. When you do, we'll take you in.

sigh... as a believer in leprechauns I can say with full confidence that there is no such thing as people who don't believe in leprechauns.  You know you believe deep down..

Indeed.

Was this quote directed at you, DoubtingNate? 

This refreshing change of post was made by one of my nonbelieving friends:

48082_10152027626928651_1240950962_n.jpg

• Like 2

Indeed.

Not exactly.  I am not completely 'out' in my status updates that everyone can see, but I have friends who are.  This particular conversation was about Jars of Clay; the lead singer recently made a few Tweets supporting gay marriage.  My atheist friend said something like, 'I'm atheist and I love Jars of Clay,' and that's who he was responding to.

Indeed.

Not exactly.  I am not completely 'out' in my status updates that everyone can see, but I have friends who are.  This particular conversation was about Jars of Clay; the lead singer recently made a few Tweets supporting gay marriage.  My atheist friend said something like, 'I'm atheist and I love Jars of Clay,' and that's who he was responding to.

I feel for you.  I can see why you haven't been rushing to out yourself to everyone if that's the kind of post people you know make.  I am so lucky that the only xians I can see on FB are family members who are not that offensive. (I guess I hope they are not!  I have yet to come out myself).

oh geez, I LOVED Jars of Clay back in the day. The only Christian band I recall who actually wrote honestly about their doubt. My favourite song of theirs is Silence. The words still give me shivers:

Take
Take till there's nothing
Nothing to turn to
Nothing when you get through
Won't you break
Scattered pieces of all I've been
Bowing to all I've been
Running to
Where are you?
Where are you?

[verse]
Did you leave me unbreakable?
You leave me frozen?
I've never felt so cold
I thought you were silent
And I thought you left me
For the wreckage and the waste
On an empty beach of faith
Was it true?

[chorus]
Cuz I...I got a question
I got a question
Where are you?

[verse]
Scream
Deeper I wanna scream
I want you to hear me
I want you to find me
Cuz I...I want to believe
But all I pray is wrong
And all I claim is gone

[chorus]
And I...I got a question
I got a question
Where are you?
Yeah....yeah
And where...I...I got a question
I got a question
Where are you?
Where are you?
Where are you?
Where are you?

Indeed.

I feel for you.  I can see why you haven't been rushing to out yourself to everyone if that's the kind of post people you know make.  I am so lucky that the only xians I can see on FB are family members who are not that offensive. (I guess I hope they are not!  I have yet to come out myself).

Yeah, I am 'mostly' out, and my parents 'kind of' know without me having to say it.  I'm just not ready to take that final step.. it is hard :(

Many of them talk about, "The good ole days," when America was centered on Christian values.  Many of them fail to realize that those times were really only good if you were white, and well to do.  Those times, around the 1950s, were also times of extreme racism, sexism, unfair work place practices, etc.  The worst part is that people actually used the bible to defend these attitudes! 

• Like 3

Maybe religious racism is simply a hangover from the pre-enlightenment when everyone was racist

Yes maybe, but are we not overlooking a simpler explanation: that God, in choosing the Jews, showed himself to be the king of all racists? In fact, he was quite extraordinarily, obsessively racist, if you look at how many non-Jewish racial groups were slaughtered, purely because of their race, at his behest.

Good point.  Racism existed before biblegod, in the form of tribalism, but biblegod was indeed the king of all racists, and that permeated throughout every society that became dominated by an Abrahamic religion.

Good points. Always has made me laugh a bit that the religious who follow the Bible, seem to know exactly what "God" hates.

• Like 1

Maybe religious racism is simply a hangover from the pre-enlightenment when everyone was racist

Yes maybe, but are we not overlooking a simpler explanation: that God, in choosing the Jews, showed himself to be the king of all racists? In fact, he was quite extraordinarily, obsessively racist, if you look at how many non-Jewish racial groups were slaughtered, purely because of their race, at his behest.

Good point.  Racism existed before biblegod, in the form of tribalism, but biblegod was indeed the king of all racists, and that permeated throughout every society that became dominated by an Abrahamic religion.

Good points. Always has made me laugh a bit that the religious who follow the Bible, seem to know exactly what "God" hates.

And it is always the same hates that the believer hates.  Fancy that.

• Like 2

And it is always the same hates that the believer hates.  Fancy that.

Lol yes :D

"God made in the image of man."

Wait a minute. Wasn't it "Man made in God's image?"

;)

I saw this on my mom's Facebook page this morning: People will let you down, but God will never let you down.

*VOMIT*

Well, it's sort of true. God can't let you down any more than the Tooth Fairy can. ;)

• Like 1

1609652_10152188340996335_1682123207_n.j

Just read this gem and had to walk away before my head exploded:

"FOR A MAN TO CROSS DRESS HE MUST WEAR WOMEN'S CLOTHING, RIGHT? HOW DOES A WOMAN CROSS DRESS?

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. -Deut 22:5 {Adomination: something that causes disgust or hatred (Merriam-Webster)}

I've had some people bring up the fact that in the Middle East men wear robes (aka:dress). That is a culture thing, it is NOT our culture here in America. So lets discuss this.....

I think most of us will agree that our country was founded on God, the Bible, good morals, prayer, ect. And slowly but surely our country has spiraled away from that. We can all agree that we need to get back to our roots where God and the Bible was at the center of everything. That being said we also know that ALL ladies back then wore dresses/skirts. Why then, do we not want to get back to that? THAT is our culture, what our dress code as Americans was founded on. Men wore pants, women wore dresses. Our nation still acknowledges that as the standard dress code for men and women today............look at the sign on the restroom door anywhere you go. The women is wearing a dress, the man pants.

God created male and female differently and he wants us distinguished as different.

We've slowly traded our God given womanly dignity for comfort, what feels good. If we continue this trend we will all be wearing pajamas in another 20 years.....or nothing. For myself wearing a dress or skirt is about distinguishing myself as different from a man, about being set apart from this world, to stand out. My dress code is a visible sign to all who look that I've taken a vow to try to do everything on the outside and inside that I can to be pleasing to God. No, I'm not trying to be saved by works I know that we can't be. What I'm trying to do is retain that God given dignity and announce to the world that there is something different about me. Is it easy? At times, no. There were times in my life that I didn't want to stand out in the crowd and be different. I'm ok with that now, it's a badge of honor, a mark that I've taken, a token of my pledge between me and God, my husband and my own body. If you are familiar with Sampson and the Nazarite vow you will remember that they let their hair grow long as a outward sign that they had consecrated and separated themselves to God from the rest of the world. This is my/our vow as a woman to hold ourselves to a higher standard than this world around us. And most men have more respect for you if you do. I've had many a foul mouthed, course men turn into gentlemen at the sight of a Godly woman. They knew immediately that respect was due. And that is the way God intended it to be.

Above all else I want to be pleasing to God, that is more important than comfort or fashion.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. -I Timothy 2:9-10"

I think most of us will agree that our country was founded on God, the Bible, good morals, prayer, ect. And slowly but surely our country has spiraled away from that. We can all agree that we need to get back to our roots where God and the Bible was at the center of everything.

Actually the US was founded by secular freethinkers.  This "under god" claptrap dates from the 1950s McCarthy era.

• Like 1

Just read this gem and had to walk away before my head exploded:

"FOR A MAN TO CROSS DRESS HE MUST WEAR WOMEN'S CLOTHING, RIGHT? HOW DOES A WOMAN CROSS DRESS?

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. -Deut 22:5 {Adomination: something that causes disgust or hatred (Merriam-Webster)}

I've had some people bring up the fact that in the Middle East men wear robes (aka:dress). That is a culture thing, it is NOT our culture here in America. So lets discuss this.....

I think most of us will agree that our country was founded on God, the Bible, good morals, prayer, ect. And slowly but surely our country has spiraled away from that. We can all agree that we need to get back to our roots where God and the Bible was at the center of everything. That being said we also know that ALL ladies back then wore dresses/skirts. Why then, do we not want to get back to that? THAT is our culture, what our dress code as Americans was founded on. Men wore pants, women wore dresses. Our nation still acknowledges that as the standard dress code for men and women today............look at the sign on the restroom door anywhere you go. The women is wearing a dress, the man pants.

God created male and female differently and he wants us distinguished as different.

We've slowly traded our God given womanly dignity for comfort, what feels good. If we continue this trend we will all be wearing pajamas in another 20 years.....or nothing. For myself wearing a dress or skirt is about distinguishing myself as different from a man, about being set apart from this world, to stand out. My dress code is a visible sign to all who look that I've taken a vow to try to do everything on the outside and inside that I can to be pleasing to God. No, I'm not trying to be saved by works I know that we can't be. What I'm trying to do is retain that God given dignity and announce to the world that there is something different about me. Is it easy? At times, no. There were times in my life that I didn't want to stand out in the crowd and be different. I'm ok with that now, it's a badge of honor, a mark that I've taken, a token of my pledge between me and God, my husband and my own body. If you are familiar with Sampson and the Nazarite vow you will remember that they let their hair grow long as a outward sign that they had consecrated and separated themselves to God from the rest of the world. This is my/our vow as a woman to hold ourselves to a higher standard than this world around us. And most men have more respect for you if you do. I've had many a foul mouthed, course men turn into gentlemen at the sight of a Godly woman. They knew immediately that respect was due. And that is the way God intended it to be.

Above all else I want to be pleasing to God, that is more important than comfort or fashion.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. -I Timothy 2:9-10"

On the other hand..... fuck you

a picture word a thousand Wendybanghead.gif

I don't know what is the meaning of this picture

S6Ek0fn.jpg

• Like 1

It's like Jesus is the liferaft, they'll die with Jesus etc.

If it hasn't been mentioned already, my cousin posted this a couple of months ago:

1798341_662710593793468_21264089_n.jpg

She quite often posts things like this...one day I'll cave in and write a comment like "for me it's top to bottom"!

a picture word a thousand Wendybanghead.gif

I don't know what is the meaning of this picture

S6Ek0fn.jpg

It's supposed to be 1000 words spoken in tongues, maybe...?

Yes maybe, but are we not overlooking a simpler explanation: that God, in choosing the Jews, showed himself to be the king of all racists? In fact, he was quite extraordinarily, obsessively racist, if you look at how many non-Jewish racial groups were slaughtered, purely because of their race, at his behest.

Good point. Racism existed before biblegod, in the form of tribalism, but biblegod was indeed the king of all racists, and that permeated throughout every society that became dominated by an Abrahamic religion.

And it is always the same hates that the believer hates. Fancy that.
Lol yes :D

"God made in the image of man."

Wait a minute. Wasn't it "Man made in God's image?"

;)

Same thing ☺️

almost replied sarcastically and most likely get blocked

glad I remeber, fundie's fb is the source of fun in this thread

"In my opinion, there is no prospect of the growth of the congregation for the churches that embrace theological liberalism. If God has many names and many Saviors, there is no point for Christians to single-mindedly adhere to the name of Jesus Christ and spread Christian Gospel in the face of the severe persecution among many non-Christians in the mission field. In such a theology, it is not surprising that each congregation loses the motivation for Christian Evangelism for the growth of the church. Theological liberalism is considered to be the first-step toward Christ-less New Age belief. 

If the Bible was nothing more than the ancient myth, it would be ridiculous for one to exclusively adhere to the name of Jesus Christ as the one and only Savior. However, if the Bible is the absolute infallible Word of God, it stands to reason for Evangelical Christians to adhere to the name of Jesus Christ and stand up for the absolute Truth of the Good News of Jesus Christ in the face of persecution."

it's just wrong in so many level 

"Most Christians would like to send their recruits to Bible college for five years. I would like to send them to Hell for five minutes. That would do more than anything else to prepare them for a lifetime of compassionate ministry."

- William Booth (Founder of the Salvation Army)

ouch.