Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

This refreshing change of post was made by one of my nonbelieving friends:

48082_10152027626928651_1240950962_n.jpg

What's funny is a fundy lady from my old church posted that. Did she not see the part about "homophobia"?

1609652_10152188340996335_1682123207_n.j

This image really says something, though not in the way it's intended.

• Like 1

"Most Christians would like to send their recruits to Bible college for five years. I would like to send them to Hell for five minutes. That would do more than anything else to prepare them for a lifetime of compassionate ministry."

- William Booth (Founder of the Salvation Army)

ouch.

Indeed.  I was raised in the Salvation Army, where the long shadow of William Booth darkens children's lives to this day.

1609652_10152188340996335_1682123207_n.j

:o I wish I owned a Bible gun. Then I could go out and shoot hypocritical Christians with it.

So my fundie friend lost his father few years ago

look what he wrote about it

"From Fall 2012 to the early 2013, my faith in Jesus was so weak that I did not attend church regularly for several months except Christmas, Easter, and a few occasions. I spent more time on thinking about the favor of deceased father than God in the Bible. I spent more time on reading the ancient Chinese Classics than the Bible. That was pretty bad."

is that a literal intepretation of Matthew 8?

21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

I feel bad for him, he is a good guy, religion eff his life to this point sad.png 

RwhuKkL.png

That is the majority of what I see when I glance at some of my relatives profiles (though they don't send it, they subscribe to friends who send that shit). This pic sums up the majority of religious posts I see when I dare to tread the shark infested waters of facebook. 

Ps. I found this image while using Google images to search for "fundy facebook posts". (Because most of the time I don't want to touch facebook)

• Like 3

I am seriously considering set up a second FB account and moving my non-xian friends over to it, so I can post atheist stuff there and only log in to the family-dominated FB account for family news updates.

• Like 2

guys, I need your advice

you know about eurovision winner's Conchita Wurst right?

apparently my catholics friend posted the article of Wurst's won eurovison on her fb page with comment: oh my god, is this the freedom that humans want?

and another catholic relpy with 1 Corinthians 6:19 

"9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

with added comment: queers and fornicators will not receive part in god's kingdom

I am so upset, Wurst is an artist who build her career just like any other artists building their careers

a human just like us, and my friends are judging and condemning her like that

should I reply back to them and risk my friendship?

A friend (teacher from high school and intelligent Christian I generally respect) posted a link to this post about Michael Sam by conservative blogger Matt Walsh.  I commented that for someone who claims to not care, he seems to care great deal by dedicating an entire post to it. Another teacher - maybe the most fundamentalist person I know - replied something to the effect of "well he should care, because homosexuality is destroying the fabric of our nation, spitting in the face of God, blah blah blah, but I'm not homophobic" to which I replied "Backing. Away. Slowly."  He promptly deleted his post, rendering my comment meaningless so that nobody can see what I was 'backing away' from.

I want to ask how he would define homophobia, and how you can say that HS is threatening our moral fabric and still claim to not be homophobic.  Own your homophobia for Christ's sake!!!

guys, I need your advice

apparently my catholics friend posted the article of Wurst's won eurovison on her fb page with comment: oh my god, is this the freedom that humans want?

"9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

with added comment: queers and fornicators will not receive part in god's kingdom

I am so upset, Wurst is an artist who build her career just like any other artists building their careers

Only you can make that decision.  What value do you place on the friendship?  Is this person treating you like a good friend should?  Do they respect you and your values?

• Super Moderator

guys, I need your advice

"Hey facebook friends, doesn't the good book also say, 'judge not lest ye be judged'?"

guys, I need your advice

"9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Only you can make that decision. What value do you place on the friendship? Is this person treating you like a good friend should? Do they respect you and your values?

In general they are good friends but once it's involve religion, I rarely agree with them

They believe in bible innerancy, young earth, creation

Which I once walked out because I cannot stand it anymore

I never get invited to their place anymore until one of our friends reconcile me and them again

Now I'm so upset because they degrade a human and don't know if I should send them a reply or not

guys, I need your advice

"9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

"Hey facebook friends, doesn't the good book also say, 'judge not lest ye be judged'?"
Tbh, I prepared like 4-5 paragraph respond and the core is like this:

When religious leader considered sinners are disgusting, jesus associate himself with them

When bible contains rules about sins, jesus stay and eat with sinners

You are christian, christ follower, do you follow a book called bible or christ himself?

But I don't have courage to send it

• Super Moderator

When religious leader considered sinners are disgusting, jesus associate himself with them

You are christian, christ follower, do you follow a book called bible or christ himself?

I generally ignore religious posts on facebook.  Most of them come from my mom, but a few pop up now and again from other people.  If somebody starts to get too annoying, I either un-friend them, or throw them onto the "acquaintances" pile.

• Like 1

I generally ignore religious posts on facebook. Most of them come from my mom, but a few pop up now and again from other people. If somebody starts to get too annoying, I either un-friend them, or throw them onto the "acquaintances" pile.
Thank you for your suggestion, I will do that next time they Become annoying again

And thank you too to freethinkernz for your respond

just read this on my fundie fb:

fundie post:As the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, it has a transformative power for changing one's life. If one reads it under the direction of the Holy Spirit, It will transform one’s entire life so that one will honor His glory. Furthermore, the entire part of the Bible testifies the presence of Lord Jesus Christ - the only Son of God and Savior of the entire human kind - and his redemptive Work for human’s sin.

a woman respond: So, I do not have to go and sit in a church building to become a "better" person.

Also, this is from the INSIDE of the person and will be manifested on the OUTSIDE.
Let's go from here now . . . if you dare 

fundie reply: In order to be an active participant of the church – the redeemed community of believers of Jesus Christ, one needs to be a contributor instead of remaining in mere a consumer. It is impossible for one to be a contributor of the church unless one actively listens to the Word of God.

the woman respond back: Yes, but I do NOT have to go and sit in a church to heard teachings, much less read the Word and be led by the Holy Spirit.

In fact, I find too many using church as a "easy" way out.
They go and sit, leave and do little if anything.

and silent from my fundie friend yelrotflmao.gif yelrotflmao.gif

10334376_10152461737587384_8396800356161

10334376_10152461737587384_8396800356161

LOL

eat a dick, Joyce

eat a dick, Joyce

lol :)

MmmmmMMMmmmm...Dick...

spotted-dick.jpg

fark_Nf8B2cAcR3un2_bIqyVMYspepH0.jpg?t=h

Just another way of saying, more jesus fixes everything.  

A girl from my former Christian university just died of leukemia. 

I didn't know her very well but she was in my group in my bible class for a bit.

When she was diagnosed, she was prayed for massively by the entire school. They did a whole chapel dedicated to her, sent her notes, we received email updates and prayer urgings.

She just died and oh, the cognitive dissonance.

People posting that she is healed in the arms of the Savior, that she is watching Jesus make the sun rise, that she is in a better place. That they are praying for her family and even if they don't understand that they trust in God's reasons. I scrolled back to comments people made on her FB before her death. They were talking about their prayers and how they knew God was gonna beat it, how they trusted God to beat it.

My first thought is that it's a terrible thing that she had to die so young. She had a fiancee, she was beautiful and smart and probably would have done great contributions to society.

My second thought is that why would you continue to trust this God? Why would you think he would help her family when he didn't help her? It is infuriating and sad that this is happening around her death. If the prayers of an entire school and her family didn't influence God, then what would? 

• Like 1

I quite agree.

A girl from my former Christian university just died of leukemia. 

I didn't know her very well but she was in my group in my bible class for a bit.

When she was diagnosed, she was prayed for massively by the entire school. They did a whole chapel dedicated to her, sent her notes, we received email updates and prayer urgings.

She just died and oh, the cognitive dissonance.

People posting that she is healed in the arms of the Savior, that she is watching Jesus make the sun rise, that she is in a better place. That they are praying for her family and even if they don't understand that they trust in God's reasons. I scrolled back to comments people made on her FB before her death. They were talking about their prayers and how they knew God was gonna beat it, how they trusted God to beat it.

My first thought is that it's a terrible thing that she had to die so young. She had a fiancee, she was beautiful and smart and probably would have done great contributions to society.

My second thought is that why would you continue to trust this God? Why would you think he would help her family when he didn't help her? It is infuriating and sad that this is happening around her death. If the prayers of an entire school and her family didn't influence God, then what would? 

If she was healed in the arms of the Savior , etc etc, why bother praying for her in the first place? It would appear heaven is a better place to be so...

• Like 2

Oh yes, and I can't forget about this comment as well:

"Sorry. but as a Christian I feel that the so-called "female orgasm" should be avoided at all costs. The fact the good women don't experience orgasms is proof of God's love. Only vile whores seized by demons can possibly welcome such unbridled madness. REMEMBER- sex has but one purpose-procreation within marriage. A woman's job is to quietly receive her husbands seed & provide nurture for his offspring. Stimulation & enjoyment is NOT a part of God's plan!

SMH.

Then I like being a vile demon-possessed whore. wink.png

Is she for real??? even while being a Christian my only response for be a face-palm...now i can't even believe people think that way today. too bad for her, she is missing out on a lot of good time with her husband!