Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

10494582_10152580958934410_2407775447786

So you don't own your own sexuality?  Who does then?

Oh please. You could always 'use' a cucumber in the produce section then put it  back when you're done. :-)

Buying cucumbers just became a lot more disturbing.   You never know where that things been.

• Like 2

Oh please. You could always 'use' a cucumber in the produce section then put it  back when you're done. :-)

Either ew, or I have a dirty mind

Why_not_both%3F.jpg

touche

Buying cucumbers just became a lot more disturbing.   You never know where that things been.

why I always triple wash, above example case in point. Plus Odin only knows what poisons, and other noxious chemicals are on it just from big agri

• Like 1

This is something one of my friends shared on Facebook eek.gif

If God does not exist, why are so many people offended by a non existent being? Why are atheists so vehemently opposed to someone they don't believe in. I don't believe in Leprechauns, but I don't get stuck into the Irish concerning them. If God does not exist, then why is prayer to Him so bad?
It just proves more to me that God is real and that people who trust in nothing, or dead people are angry because their trust is not working, which means that they are angry with those who have hope. I have never heard someone hit their finger with a hammer and say, "For Buddhas sake, or for Allah's sake. or Oh Hare Krishna! That's because you can't offend a dead or no existent god (And Buddha is a "god" because people worship him. . . a false god no doubt).

Here's another one:

10300795_961681900524079_872018218765095

If God does not exist, why are so many people offended by a non existent being? Why are atheists so vehemently opposed to someone they don't believe in. I don't believe in Leprechauns, but I don't get stuck into the Irish concerning them. If God does not exist, then why is prayer to Him so bad?

It just proves more to me that God is real and that people who trust in nothing, or dead people are angry because their trust is not working, which means that they are angry with those who have hope. I have never heard someone hit their finger with a hammer and say, "For Buddhas sake, or for Allah's sake. or Oh Hare Krishna! That's because you can't offend a dead or no existent god (And Buddha is a "god" because people worship him. . . a false god no doubt).

My cousin's are the only ones I know who say for Buddha's sake! 

If they have this why do we have to give them so much stuff?

Where exactly is Palestine in that illustration?

935941png.jpg

Who asked you, Jesus? We didn't invite you.

God doesn't offend anyone. Only people can offend people. God is just a symbol for a group of people, some of which are adamant that you believe the way they believe. Some even go as far as legislating against marriage for gay people or deny birth control to others or insist on prayer in schools and other public buildings. Some businesses only hire Christians. But mostly these people who claim to speak on behalf of God like to shame people by calling them sinners and worthless without God. These are several reasons why people get offended by Christians and Christianity.

Nobody believes leprechauns are real and if they did, well leprechauns dont sentence dead people to hell... so nobody hates them. Pretty sure Buddha and Krishna didnt deliver people to hell either...but I never finished reading the Vedas.

Do non-believers hate prayers to God? Or do they get tired of people saying or posting on Facebook, "I'll pray for you." If I mentioned Javascript all the time people would think I was nuts. Instead of "God be with you!" or "Godspeed!" or "God bless!" I might start saying, "I'll code for you!" or "May all your web pages be blessed with Javascript and Jquery."  "Ah, friend, Linux servers are watching over you...."

This one's great! "I have never heard of someone [in the predominately Christian cultured United States or western culture] hit their finger with a hammer and say "Buddha-dammit, or Allah-dammit, or Krishna-dammit." That's quite an intelligent argument. I doubt this person has ever lived in the Mideast or in Nepal or India for any length of time.

It's interesting when people only turn their critical thinking up to 35%. :-)

Thanks, Aurora. That was fun to deconstruct and refute. :-)

• Like 1

Been off Facebook for two months, first thing I see when I get back on is this lovely article that is talking about people like me:

"Three Common Traits of Youth Who Don't Leave the Church" http://www.faithit.com/3-common-traits-of-youth-who-dont-leave-the-church/#.U9-tptXgeF0.facebook

• Like 1

Been off Facebook for two months, first thing I see when I get back on is this lovely article that is talking about people like me:

"Three Common Traits of Youth Who Don't Leave the Church" http://www.faithit.com/3-common-traits-of-youth-who-dont-leave-the-church/#.U9-tptXgeF0.facebook

My old youth pastor linked that one on FB. Ugh. Well of course the last one is true, if you feed them that crap from day dot, they're likely to keep believing it. But of course they don't see that as anything negative, since we all need Jesus!!!1!

935941png.jpg

Yet another "white" Jesus...

Doesn't anyone understand that people in this part of the world did not look like that 2000 years ago? Even a roman would not have been that white lol.

935941png.jpg

Yet another "white" Jesus...

Doesn't anyone understand that people in this part of the world did not look like that 2000 years ago? Even a roman would not have been that white lol.

No. They really don't know. Seriously, they don't.

wpid-Photo-Dec-12-2013-631-PM.jpg

tumblr_m4c95gzpEI1qgs2k5o1_500.jpg

wpid-Photo-Dec-12-2013-651-PM.jpg

• Like 4

1. “We need to stop talking about ‘good kids.’” It doesn’t matter how good or bad your kids are; it only matters that they belong to the club. And you wonder why young people who value goodness don’t stick around?

2. Play is unimportant, only work. Work, work, work, dammit! What is unsaid is that we get eternal bliss—but only after we die. What are young persons to do when they realize they are being sold vaporware?

3. My parents led communal grace before every meal and communal prayer every night before bedtime. They paid for us to go to a religious private school. Our mom read to us often from a children’s Bible. And my dad punished us so severely that I’m still working through the psychological damage. So why did I not stay?

• Like 1

OK i can't top using the cucumber in the produce section and then putting it back LMAO but I saw this. 

s-CHURCHGODPREFERSKINDATHEISTS-large.jpg

Different from the norm I've seen (without going through the 200+ pages here I don't know if it's been posted). What I found more telling was the reply to this: 

"Actually, Christians are supposed to judge every behavior with the measuring rod of the Bible. So this is dumb." I thought Christians were supposed to rely on the idea that only god can judge?

"Hard to believe a "church" would post this! God does not prefer someone who does even acknowledge HIS existence! No Christian has the right to be hateful. "All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God." Christians are not perfect and can fall short of HIS glory each and every day because we are human. However we stay in HIS grace by trying to do HIS will. "For if we walk in the light as HE is in the light, we continue to have remission of sins." Whomever posted this saying needs to understand what Scrpiture teaches."

OK i can't top using the cucumber in the produce section and then putting it back LMAO but I saw this. 

s-CHURCHGODPREFERSKINDATHEISTS-large.jpg

Different from the norm I've seen (without going through the 200+ pages here I don't know if it's been posted). What I found more telling was the reply to this: 

"Actually, Christians are supposed to judge every behavior with the measuring rod of the Bible. So this is dumb." I thought Christians were supposed to rely on the idea that only god can judge?

"Hard to believe a "church" would post this! God does not prefer someone who does even acknowledge HIS existence! No Christian has the right to be hateful. "All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God." Christians are not perfect and can fall short of HIS glory each and every day because we are human. However we stay in HIS grace by trying to do HIS will. "For if we walk in the light as HE is in the light, we continue to have remission of sins." Whomever posted this saying needs to understand what Scrpiture teaches."

Maybe someone needs to give Tom Tate, the pastor of that church a call! His phone number is on the sign. :-)

Ok - whenever you see a quote by "ANONYMOUS".  It means it is some shit that was just made up by the person who made the picture.

These can usually be identified by the inelegance of turn of phrase.

If it sounds like something a teenage girl would say, it probably is.

Ok - whenever you see a quote by "ANONYMOUS".  It means it is some shit that was just made up by the person who made the picture.

These can usually be identified by the inelegance of turn of phrase.

If it sounds like something a teenage girl would say, it probably is.

I find it's usually paraphrasing of some sort, such as quoting a source they can't remember or someone they know personally.

Sometimes though, yes it's a personal quote. More often than not, it's not an original thought though.

1. “We need to stop talking about ‘good kids.’” It doesn’t matter how good or bad your kids are; it only matters that they belong to the club. And you wonder why young people who value goodness don’t stick around?

2. Play is unimportant, only work. Work, work, work, dammit! What is unsaid is that we get eternal bliss—but only after we die. What are young persons to do when they realize they are being sold vaporware?

3. My parents led communal grace before every meal and communal prayer every night before bedtime. They paid for us to go to a religious private school. Our mom read to us often from a children’s Bible. And my dad punished us so severely that I’m still working through the psychological damage. So why did I not stay?

Totally agree. My parents did all the right things, punished me, were abusive and strict, made me memorize the bible...  and I still left.  I was the perfect mindless drone. No matter what tactics people in the church try, it's never going to be good enough, bc we can never be good enough to satisfy gawd and everyone else in the church. I always hated the cliquey youth group anyways, with those fake perfect kids. 

I just bought cucumbers today. Guess I'm washing them extra well. happydance.gif

I love this. What does "I don't get stuck into the Irish" mean? Nevermind, I don't want to know. But I do want to know how dead people can be angry.

Awesome. Wendyshrug.gif

No particular quote.

But - I'm sick to death of Christians only posting things about Christians suffering as a result of the Middle East Conflict.

Do they post anything when Gazan children get blown to pieces or the "wrong" sect of Muslims get run out of town?  Hell no.

But Christians suffer??  Oh no, I must put it on facebook!

Total tribalism.  Blind to everyone except their own sect.

(By none of this do I seek to belittle the real and terrible suffering that many, many, are suffering.)

• Like 1

No particular quote.

But - I'm sick to death of Christians only posting things about Christians suffering as a result of the Middle East Conflict.

Do they post anything when Gazan children get blown to pieces or the "wrong" sect of Muslims get run out of town?  Hell no.

(By none of this do I seek to belittle the real and terrible suffering that many, many, are suffering.)

I couldn't agree more.  I'm sick to death of hearing about this too.

I just bought cucumbers today. Guess I'm washing them extra well. happydance.gif

I love this. What does "I don't get stuck into the Irish" mean? Nevermind, I don't want to know. But I do want to know how dead people can be angry.

Awesome. Wendyshrug.gif

I'd have to say it likely involves the wide end of a shillelagh and doesn't involve the courtesy of lubrication.

The stupid involved here is quite astounding, as Irish people don't actually believe in Leprechauns. That argument is a bit like saying "I don't believe in Zeus, but I don't get stuck into the Greeks about him. If Santa doesn't exist, then why is writing a letter to him asking for a pony and a PS4 when I'm thirty-five so bad?"

The logic apparently being that he might actually be real and give them the presents they want for the Christian equivalent of Festivus. Implying that everyone who thought that said letter writer will have the last laugh against everyone who made fun of them for doing it and that they were right when they ignored anyone who tried to inform them they were wasting time better spent on other things.

Incidentally, this is why my family doesn't usually let my posts show on their walls. I have a habit of actually posting replies like this when they post something this stupid.

Incidentally, this is why my family doesn't usually let my posts show on their walls. I have a habit of actually posting replies like this when they post something this stupid.

Just wait! You’ll come back to God when you’re gravely... (whoops, wrong cue card) You’re just bitter because of your illness.

No particular quote.

I couldn't agree more.  I'm sick to death of hearing about this too.

It's not that I'm sick to death of hearing about it.  We need to hear about it.  It's a dreadful situation.

What I'm sick of is Christians ONLY seeming to care about other Christians.

• Like 1