Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

WaitingInfinity, on 14 Aug 2014 - 2:02 PM, said:snapback.png

"A Christian Analysis of the Loss of Robin Williams" was recently posted on Facebook by a relative.

http://www.onenewsno...-robin-williams

Wendytwitch.gif  NOON8642CustomImage0569057.gif

Barf.

The one thing we do not know is whether Robin Williams did business with God in his dying moments. While his mother was a Christian Scientist (a counterfeit form of religion which is neither Christian nor scientific), his father was an Episcopalian – so it is certainly possible that Williams heard the gospel in his formative years and may have remembered it all his life.

Wow. Too bad he wasn't jewish, then there'd be no doubt he was currently burning and they could say for certain he was in fact, NOT making god laugh. WendyDoh.gif

I want to poke my eyes out with a fork tonite. Stupid passive agressive posts on FB. And this awesome quote that I literally laughed out loud when reading:

We as a culture stopped taking scripture at face value when we bought into the lie of evolution. Creation and Genesis is the foundation of the Bible. If people don't take that literally, then they will doubt the rest of scripture

Exactly... so if you don't buy the first sci fi story in the bible you can safely discount the rest and put it back on the shelf and ignore it.

the lie is that people think they know best for someone that is not them and that they are not responsible for. the lie is that they think they are better than we. the truth is the hypocracy that christians and espcially christians on FB need to spread.

by the way who is this we and what culture is it that we are suppose to belong to? American culture? there are like 500 cultures in america... sounds like more confusing from the great stupidity of all time.

• Like 1

So, one of my Facebook friends posted a question about tattoos and how it affects your ability to witness to others. In the comments two people kept bringing up that the bible says that getting tattoos is a sin and, shocker, the numerous posters ignored the sin posts and just continued to justify why they all have tattoos and how they can be a witnessing tool. More proof that christianity is whatever you want it to be.

• Like 4

I want to poke my eyes out with a fork tonite. Stupid passive agressive posts on FB. And this awesome quote that I literally laughed out loud when reading:

We as a culture stopped taking scripture at face value when we bought into the lie of evolution. Creation and Genesis is the foundation of the Bible. If people don't take that literally, then they will doubt the rest of scripture

Thanks for posting this. It made my morning!

WaitingInfinity, on 14 Aug 2014 - 2:02 PM, said:snapback.png

"A Christian Analysis of the Loss of Robin Williams" was recently posted on Facebook by a relative.

http://www.onenewsno...-robin-williams

Barf.

A funny little thing called cognitive dissonance here:

"No one but the thief and Christ knew that this transaction had been made. The thief's wife and children didn't know, and it's unlikely that any of the onlookers heard this private exchange."

So, no one knew, but everyone knows, because bible?

• Like 1

aim-for-moon.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=576%2C5

No, no, no....

Oh my god, I can't even.

Surely this should be aim for the stars because even if you miss you might land on the moon.  FFS.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2014/08/13/a-christian-analysis-of-the-loss-of-robin-williams

Barf.

You didn't mention that it was written by Bryan Fischer. I had to waste a whole click on an article just to find out that I'm not going to read it. tongue.png

[edit]Uh oh, I've just poisoned the well, haven't I.[/edit]

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fischer/2014/08/13/a-christian-analysis-of-the-loss-of-robin-williams

Barf.

If heaven wont have Robin then he is welcome to come to The Summerland. :-)

We see that Robin has been getting a bit more attention than Jebus recently so the OCD for Jebus people have to rectify that.

Barf.

"Whether we experience eternal life or eternal death is not God's choice but ours."

Bullshit. It's them making themselves feel better over the idea of people suffering eternally, away from everyone who cares about them. "Well, at least they deserved it." Sick bastards.

aim-for-moon.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=576%2C5

No, no, no....

Oh my god, I can't even.

Surely this should be aim for the stars because even if you miss you might land on the moon.  FFS.

But we can't reach any of the dots on the dome. Remember what happened at Babel? ;)

So, one of my Facebook friends posted a question about tattoos and how it affects your ability to witness to others. In the comments two people kept bringing up that the bible says that getting tattoos is a sin and, shocker, the numerous posters ignored the sin posts and just continued to justify why they all have tattoos and how they can be a witnessing tool. More proof that christianity is whatever you want it to be.

f073c0c0093a65e6df5842de51ea42eb.jpg

• Like 7

Someone posted this quiz "What Christian denomination should you actually be a part of?"

http://www.playbuzz.com/benjaminbirely10/what-christian-denomination-should-you-actually-be-a-part-of

I find it interesting that they would do a quiz showing how different the various approaches to xianity are, and not see the irony in it.

BTW I took the quiz using my former beliefs and came out Lutheran *shudders*

• Like 1

Someone posted this quiz "What Christian denomination should you actually be a part of?"

http://www.playbuzz.com/benjaminbirely10/what-christian-denomination-should-you-actually-be-a-part-of

I find it interesting that they would do a quiz showing how different the various approaches to xianity are, and not see the irony in it.

Me too. Though the first time I took based on my current beliefs and got Quaker. I don't have much experience with Lutherans....what are they like?

I got Non-Denominational, which is what I grew up in. I never did pay attention to any of the labels, even now I couldn't tell you what most of them mean.

Me too. Though the first time I took based on my current beliefs and got Quaker. I don't have much experience with Lutherans....what are they like?

I don't know much about them, but I detest Martin Luther.

I don't know much about them, but I detest Martin Luther.

I got evangelical.....how embarrassing....although as point of comparison I also took the "how British are you" quiz and got "not very"....despite being very English (poor teeth, excellent manners, tea drinker etc..)

• Like 1

I answered based on how I used to believe. I was a pretty fundy independent Baptist.

It said I should be Lutheran.

Based on the Lutheran services I've been to, I can't see how it answered that way.

Oh well.

• Like 1

It said I should be Catholic based on my old beliefs, and I was. So it guessed right for me.

Though, I did have to answer some questions in a manner that was obviously skewed to sound like a negative response or incorrect answer. I suspect the answers in this quiz are worded to favor a particular outcome over others, but can still be completed to suggest other faiths in case someone checks the other answers to see if it's rigged.

Based on my former beliefs, it correctly guessed Roman Catholic, even though some of my answers would have made cardinals' heads explode.

I then tried the quiz with my current beliefs, but several of the questions didn't have a choice that was even remotely similar to my current beliefs. The choices to the question about Mary were particularly irrelevant to non-Christians. I ended up choosing “Christianity is about Jesus, not Mary.” It guessed Non-Denominational, which is accurate enough.

My aunt posted this 'lovely' gem of an article tonight. I couldnt help but laugh. they seriously have NO clue what athesits actually think or anything about who they really are. i remember being taught this same crap about them growing up.

http://conservativetribune.com/actor-has-message-for-atheists/

i did it using my former beliefs as well and i got Evangelical. pretty on point. LOL

I kept wanting to choose "None of the Above" but that choice was never available.  I answered as best I could (holding my nose at times) and was told I should be a Quaker.

Someone on FB posted asking for advice because their family pet fish died. They weren't sure if they should buy a new fish and pretend it didn't happen (lie to their kids and say it's the same one, with the same name) or explain to the kids that the pet died. (their kids being 3 & 5)

One lady commented and said "Tell truth. And then introduce God and His mercy. Great way of showing the kids who God is . Then take them to the pet store and let them choose another."

I was thinking, what the hell? How is it a perfect opportunity to explain god and his mercy to them after their pet died??

• Like 2

I was thinking, what the hell? How is it a perfect opportunity to explain god and his mercy to them after their pet died??

Question: <any question at all>?

Answer: God.

• Like 3

Someone on FB posted asking for advice because their family pet fish died. They weren't sure if they should buy a new fish and pretend it didn't happen (lie to their kids and say it's the same one, with the same name) or explain to the kids that the pet died. (their kids being 3 & 5)

One lady commented and said "Tell truth. And then introduce God and His mercy. Great way of showing the kids who God is . Then take them to the pet store and let them choose another."

That's really messed up.  First, who gets or owns fish without thinking about what to tell the kids when they die?  Who considers anything except telling the kids the truth (great way to learn about loss and grief before an actual person dies). Who thinks biblegod is merciful?  And who thinks the alleged mercy of this alleged god has anything to do with pet death?  So messed up.

• Like 2