Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Someone on FB posted asking for advice because their family pet fish died. They weren't sure if they should buy a new fish and pretend it didn't happen (lie to their kids and say it's the same one, with the same name) or explain to the kids that the pet died. (their kids being 3 & 5)

One lady commented and said "Tell truth. And then introduce God and His mercy. Great way of showing the kids who God is . Then take them to the pet store and let them choose another."

I was thinking, what the hell? How is it a perfect opportunity to explain god and his mercy to them after their pet died??

Cause mercy is the first thing a 9 year old is going to think about when their dog dies... or will they think damn what a fucking asshole that god guy is.

How about tell the truth and just leave it at that. Great way of showing that you don't give a shit as a parent about their loss and are just going to use everything around them to "train" them. Even a child knows better than this. Parents that do this would basically be a set of tools using their childs loss to better indoctrinate them... sort of sick actually.

• Like 2

My aunt posted this 'lovely' gem of an article tonight. I couldnt help but laugh. they seriously have NO clue what athesits actually think or anything about who they really are. i remember being taught this same crap about them growing up.

http://conservativetribune.com/actor-has-message-for-atheists/

Yep, they're clueless. Completely clueless.

Someone on FB posted asking for advice because their family pet fish died. They weren't sure if they should buy a new fish and pretend it didn't happen (lie to their kids and say it's the same one, with the same name) or explain to the kids that the pet died. (their kids being 3 & 5)

One lady commented and said "Tell truth. And then introduce God and His mercy. Great way of showing the kids who God is . Then take them to the pet store and let them choose another."

I was thinking, what the hell? How is it a perfect opportunity to explain god and his mercy to them after their pet died??

will the fish resurrect in 3 days or will the kid see the fish in heaven?

Because religion is about fear of death, and what better way to infect a growing mind then when they are grieving the loss of their first pet?  They can't understand death fully yet, and so inserting another concept they can't fully grasp (god) will bundle the two together so when they are old enough, god will be an intricate and inescapable part of the "problem" of death...

will the fish resurrect in 3 days or will the kid see the fish in heaven?

How to mess up a kid.

I kept wanting to choose "None of the Above" but that choice was never available.  I answered as best I could (holding my nose at times) and was told I should be a Quaker.

Take that as a compliment!

My aunt posted this 'lovely' gem of an article tonight. I couldnt help but laugh. they seriously have NO clue what athesits actually think or anything about who they really are. i remember being taught this same crap about them growing up.

Oh my fucking god...

"The Conservative Tribune: In Defense of Western Civilization"

How do Christians manage to do that? How do they manage the cognitive dissonance? How can they maintain a persecution complex and a superiority complex at the same time?

The mind. It boggles.

• Like 1

Just...wow. Wow. really? Even if it's fake you know damn well there are tons of fundies that agree with it

post-21771-0-54348900-1408488425_thumb.jpg

Ugh....wtf?

The disgust.

Just...wow. Wow. really? Even if it's fake you know damn well there are tons of fundies that agree with it

Human sewage.

• Like 1

This woman makes me wonder how many racists still are around....I thought they were about 5% of the population. Hm.

Oh my fucking god...

How do Christians manage to do that? How do they manage the cognitive dissonance? How can they maintain a persecution complex and a superiority complex at the same time?

The mind. It boggles.

Is it really that far a stretch after all? They do believe in the largest delusion of all time.

• Super Moderator

Um... Invisible isn't a color.

• Like 7

A FB friends status- "God Gives Us Grace More Than Enough To Share".

*head-desk*

As irritating as the Christian-ese is, the Every Word Captitalisation Pisses Me Off More. And the fact that there should be a semi colon in there.

. . .  Every Word Captitalisation Pisses Me Off More. 

Don't you see?  God is everywhere so that means God is in every single word.  That Is Why We Have To Capitalize Them All!

Well, this just showed up on my facebook feed...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=499973036772050&fref=nf

I really expected better from the friend that posted it as well sad.png

For a brief moment near the beginning of the video, I thought this guy might be a fake, but right away he reminded me of someone I know who looks, dresses, talk, and acts that way. By the end of the video, I'd forgotten what his message was. So I looked at some of the comments on the page and was reminded that this guy was asking for someone to offer evidence that God does not exist. One person posted: "here's your evidence," a picture of a starving child (in Africa).

God that guy is such a douchebag.

• Like 1

1621805_643875962339347_2105442919_n.jpg

(Apologies if this has been posted before - it was the first time i've seen it.  The relative who shared this item believes in this crap.  I find it sad that she does.)

"Me: God, can I ask You a question?

God: Sure

Me: Promise You won't get mad

God: I promise

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: What do u mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late

God: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start

God: Okay

Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait

God: Huummm

Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call

God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?

God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (humbled): OH

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.
Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...

REPOST if you Believe in HIM 
Worth posting."

• Super Moderator

(Apologies if this has been posted before - it was the first time i've seen it.  The relative who shared this item believes in this crap.  I find it sad that she does.)

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?

God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...

Worth posting."

My mother emailed that little gem to me last week.  I almost puked.  

Worth posting."

I got this same post a few months ago, but I never got around to posting it to this forum.

My thoughts: Making shit up about horrible things does not constitute evidence of the god's protection.

For hours of entertainment, check out the open Facebook page, Herty Borngreat Music. Lots of inane postings with equally ridiculous comments from fans.

A FB friends status- "God Gives Us Grace More Than Enough To Share".

*head-desk*

As irritating as the Christian-ese is, the Every Word Captitalisation Pisses Me Off More. And the fact that there should be a semi colon in there.

not to mention the fact that he only gives us grace if we do exactly as he damn well says....which is the exact opposite of grace.

So, this just happened on my Facebook feed this morning. This is the end of a serious conversation that this guy is having with one of my Facebook friends in regards to a pic he showed stating that the welfare system in the U.S. is a broken and flawed system: (fyi, the guy is someone I don't know, not my friend)

Girl Poster:  2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Guy Poster:  Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:11-12. Not my book, mind you, but if we're going to quote it, let's not miss the forest for the trees.

Girl Poster:  Lol. Not right.

Guy Poster:  Not me talking. I think you can say whatever you want. God sees things differently, though. So, disobey him at your peril. smile.png

The dude has some serious balls to post something like that. Oh the wonderful things religion does to people...

Oh my fucking god...

The mind. It boggles.

How was this an article in defence of Western civilization?

This was nothing to do with Western civilization.

I'm pretty sure Western civilization is not a synonym for rule of the religious majority.

So, this just happened on my Facebook feed this morning. This is the end of a serious conversation that this guy is having with one of my Facebook friends in regards to a pic he showed stating that the welfare system in the U.S. is a broken and flawed system: (fyi, the guy is someone I don't know, not my friend)

Girl Poster:  2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Guy Poster:  Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:11-12. Not my book, mind you, but if we're going to quote it, let's not miss the forest for the trees.

Girl Poster:  Lol. Not right.

Guy Poster:  Not me talking. I think you can say whatever you want. God sees things differently, though. So, disobey him at your peril. smile.png

The dude has some serious balls to post something like that. Oh the wonderful things religion does to people...

Nice rebuttal.

• Like 1