Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Make a decision today that you are going to enjoy the living daylights out of the rest of your life, and you're going to let God reward you for everything that you've lost, that you are going to have a double-good, extra blessed life because of the pain in your past.

This particular Joyce-ism comes to you from the book of Job, where he apparently got "double for his trouble" in the end,  according to Joyce.  It's a sick and effective way to draw emotionally vulnerable people into the cult.

I have nothing to contribute at the moment, other than I think it's glorious that I started this glorious topic just over three years ago, and it is still going strong. Glory! woohoo.gif

• Like 8

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Make a decision today that you are going to enjoy the living daylights out of the rest of your life, and you're going to let God reward you for everything that you've lost, that you are going to have a double-good, extra blessed life because of the pain in your past.

This particular Joyce-ism comes to you from the book of Job, where he apparently got "double for his trouble" in the end,  according to Joyce.  It's a sick and effective way to draw emotionally vulnerable people into the cult.

First thing that popped into my head after reading this post...

midothegreat+rolls+98+make+it+double+_db

• Like 1

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Yeah, because everyone knows that murdered children are replaceable by having more children later. Tankoo Jeebus!

• Like 2

Mommy pass out today, this journey to recovery is one of the most humbling experience of a lifetime. I promise GOD I will take care of my mom until he ready to call her home. God is good.

The ultimate Stockholm syndrome. rolleyes.gif

(N.B. No grammar nazis, please. It's dialect.)

The whole God is good thing is a wind up of "biblical" proportions 

Mommy pass out today, this journey to recovery is one of the most humbling experience of a lifetime. I promise GOD I will take care of my mom until he ready to call her home. God is good.

The ultimate Stockholm syndrome. rolleyes.gif

(N.B. No grammar nazis, please. It's dialect.)

this-can-only-be-the-work-of-heretics_o_

1898200_740393885979039_1884581342_n.jpg

Remind me of why you need all of those doctors and all of that equipment.

• Like 5

^^^Hey, wait!  Not just the doctors (and their years of education and experience) and equipment but what's up with all those GOWNS and GLOVES and HAIR COVERINGS and SHOE COVERINGS???!!!??? Don't you know there is no such thing as germs and bacteria because they weren't mentioned in the bible?  God never said, "Thou shalt wash thou hands after going to the bathroom or before and after touching a sick person."  Imagine the millions of lives saved if God would've mentioned that little nugget!  But god is bigger than little old germs, so why are they dressing in such a sanitary, hygienic way?

• Like 2

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=542966255847483&fref=nf

Enjoy this 'Letter from Hell' video that was posted by a Christian friend. I'll be honest, this sort of thing would have terrified me not so long ago, the idea of hell still freaks me out if I dwell on it...

Hell has a postal service? This guy managed to write the letter and seal it and send it while being burned alive?

• Like 1

A relative posted the comment below in response to this:

10372567_693139600766524_391023993891653

Relative #1: Like a boss!

Relative #2: And the daughter of the King of Kings!

*facepalm*

All the time. Every day. Always must poke Jesus into the conversation.

"Want to order pizza?" "Okay. Praise Jesus for pepperoni! He is good!"

• Like 1

*laughs*

Reminds me when Homer Simpson answers the door to Rev Lovejoy and groans, "This isn't about Jesus is it" and the reply is "Everything is about Jesus"

Enjoy this 'Letter from Hell' video that was posted by a Christian friend. I'll be honest, this sort of thing would have terrified me not so long ago, the idea of hell still freaks me out if I dwell on it...

Hell has a postal service? This guy managed to write the letter and seal it and send it while being burned alive?

I felt nothing but revulsion while I watched that video. Shit like this pisses me off. And I will have something to say about it on my glorious website. This is religious fear, guilt, and shame in action and something has to be said about it. If someone tried to "tell me about Jesus" now, I would tell them in no uncertain terms exactly why I don't believe and why I have no fear of hell whatsoever, and then I would tell them to fuck off.

*laughs*

Reminds me when Homer Simpson answers the door to Rev Lovejoy and groans, "This isn't about Jesus is it" and the reply is "Everything is about Jesus"

Doesn't Rev Lovejoy say "Everything is about Jesus...  except this."

There is a town in the Cayman Islands called Hell. There is a tourist shop a post office so anything sent from there is post marked "Hell" and a ton of jagged rocks. It was also well over 90 degrees when I was there and I got one of the worst sunburns of my life.

*laughs*

Doesn't Rev Lovejoy say "Everything is about Jesus...  except this."

He does indeed, well spotted : )

Xians can be so hypocritical.  Example: a relative of mine posted this quote from author Philip Yancey's new book:

Ask uncommitted people to describe Christians and you'll likely hear such words as "smug," "exclusive," and "self-righteous." Christians can come across as superior and judgmental, dismissing others' beliefs while being defensive about their own. When I sense those tendencies in myself, I try to remember how I feel when someone argues that I'm wrong about something – which gives a strong clue to how others must feel when I present my own beliefs insensitively. I've yet to meet someone who found their way to faith by being criticized. 
[Vanishing Grace: What Ever Happened to the Good News?]

https://www.facebook.com/PhilipYancey/photos/a.430130023698153.101173.118057118238780/834793489898469/?type=1

This from the same relative who has openly said about homosexuality "love the sinner, hate the sin" and regularly posts anti-abortion memes designed to make women feel guilty for managing their reproductive health and deciding what happens to their own body.  

Nope, never going to give your beliefs a moment's consideration while you are criticising me for the sexual orientation I was born with.

Found this on one of my relatives FB page along with "God finds the perfect place for all of us! You're exactly where you should be! Be glad that his love finds you where you are!"

1025137.png

Was promptly removed when I explained that the quote was from a well known Atheist and is meant to point out why Creationism is stupid.

• Like 8

Found this on one of my relatives FB page along with "God finds the perfect place for all of us! You're exactly where you should be! Be glad that his love finds you where you are!"

1025137.png

Was promptly removed when I explained that the quote was from a well known Atheist and is meant to point out why Creationism is stupid.

Christians first create the hole, then the puddle to fill it. :-)

• Super Moderator

Sheesh....why can't christians EVER mind their own f*cking business!  They have to impose their will on everyone all the time.  Their way or the highway to hell.  Talk about egomaniacs!   ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Sheesh....why can't christians EVER mind their own f*cking business!  They have to impose their will on everyone all the time.  Their way or the highway to hell.  Talk about egomaniacs!   ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Indeed, it's a shitload of self-centered tripe. This lady has NO BUSINESS telling someone else what to do, especially in such tragic circumstances. Hopefully Brittany never actually sees that garbage.

Indeed, it's a shitload of self-centered tripe. This lady has NO BUSINESS telling someone else what to do, especially in such tragic circumstances. Hopefully Brittany never actually sees that garbage.

I especially love the parts where she plugs her book and blog. Classy.

I especially love the parts where she plugs her book and blog. Classy.

Yeah, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the primary motive here is to use this as a publicity stunt to sell books. That's extremely low!

I'm sorry this woman is dying, but this is the biggest load of self-righteous bullshit I've read in a while. What a smug self-centered cunt. Of course she needs to do things YOUR way.