Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/what-christians-should-know-about-the-ebola-crisis

Gag. I love the part where it says not to trust in science but god to find a cure. And the part where you can win unbelievers to god when you remain calm in the midst of this panic.

Um no. All unbelievers will think is how dumb you are for taking no precautions because...God has your back.

Gag gag gag.

Also good to know how aware God is of this outbreak, how not a single horrible and painful death passed his attention. Glad to know that He is watching and doing absolutely nothing.

Right? Like usual yet No one ever mentions that. Just keep praising god. Hallelujah!

Aarrgggghhh! My sister just wished our late grandma a happy birthday. My mom responded with “I know she is watching over us in heaven !!”

I just posted in the blog that I rarely feel the need to respond to Christian posts. But this time, I really feel the need! That expression grated on me even while I was still a Christian.

But, darn it, this is an inappropriate sentiment to complain about. I will have to bite my tongue until it bleeds.

Edited text in maroon.

Aarrgggghhh! My sister just wished our late grandma a happy birthday. My mom responded with “I know she is watching over us in heaven !!”

I just posted in the blog that I rarely feel the need to respond to Christian posts. But time, I really feel the need! That expression grated on me even while I was still a Christian.

But, darn it, this is an inappropriate sentiment to complain about. I will have to bite my tongue until it bleeds.

"If Grandma reads Facebook, then why doesn't she reply?"

• Like 1

DAD COMES HOME DRUNK AND MAD HE PULLS OUT A GUN AND SHOOTS HIS WIFE THEN TURNS THE GUN TO HIMSELF

HIS LITTLE GIRL SITS BEHIND THE COUCH CRYING. THE POLICE CAME AND TOOK THE LITTLE GIRL...SHE IS NOW WITH A NEW FAMILY. HER FIRST DAY OF SUNDAY SCHOOL SHE WALKS PAST THE BUILDING AND SEES A PICTURE OF JESUS ON THE CROSS, THE LITTLE GIRL ASKS THE TEACHER .. HOW DID THAT MAN GET OFF THE CROSS ? THE TEACHER REPLIED .. HE NEVER DID !! THE LITTLE GIRL ARGUED .. YES HE DID .. THE NIGHT MOMMY AND DADDY DIED HE SAT NEXT TO ME BEHIND THE COUCH, TELLING ME EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT .. 66% OF YOU WONT POST THIS .. BUT, REMEMBER WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS DENY ME IN FRONT OF YOUR FRIENDS AND I WOULD DENY YOU IN FRONT OF MY FATHER .. SO REPOST THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A PART OF THE 33% THAT Will .

For.Fucks.Sake……….

It should actually read.

Dad comes home kills Mummy and self. Police take little girl away. She is now with a new family. On her first day at Sunday school she sees man on a cross and tells the teacher that was the man that was hiding behind the coach when the gun went off. He told her that Daddy and Mummy are now burning in Hell forever and after she dies, she’ll be next.

99 percent will not repost this because they recognise it as a nasty, stupid story with a dubious moral message. 1 percent will because they are frightened of fucking fairy tales.

yes yes yes

because jesus is a white caucasian :lol:

http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/what-christians-should-know-about-the-ebola-crisis

Gag. I love the part where it says not to trust in science but god to find a cure. And the part where you can win unbelievers to god when you remain calm in the midst of this panic.

Um no. All unbelievers will think is how dumb you are for taking no precautions because...God has your back.

Gag gag gag.

Also good to know how aware God is of this outbreak, how not a single horrible and painful death passed his attention. Glad to know that He is watching and doing absolutely nothing.

Hey, give him a break, he has to make sports teams score points, and help people find parking spots and car keys. He doesn't have time to handle every little thing.

• Like 1

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5972534#

The article is good. The fundie who posted it though is another story. Lol here's what he posted with the article:

"This is why marriages without christ at the center suffer. This is a perfect list of someone who is trying to fill a god shaped hole with marriage and a spouse...

And doomed to fail and try again. And again. And again."

I don't know about anyone else but since I kicked god out of my marriage and got therapy for myself, my marriage has never been better.

• Like 2

Ugh

1924912_768125663246768_6442970006693520

Ugh

1924912_768125663246768_6442970006693520

Yeah that always worked out so well. *eyeroll*

Oh man, there's so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start.

10391419_740496182677180_511362344132280

I have been inside some prisons in this country. thankfully not as an inmate but never one as clean as that picture.

Wonder how those bibles are working out in the country that jails more of its citizens than any other country on earth? maybe they should teach more of the inmates that cannot read to do so and educate them in ways they didn't get on the outside. Maybe send them back to real life without some lame hope that god will save them and give them the actual tools they need to suceed back in the world so we stop jailing so many of our countrymen in the US.

6a00d83451af9f69e201157159b4be970b_320wi

I have been inside some prisons in this country. thankfully not as an inmate but never one as clean as that picture.

Wonder how those bibles are working out in the country that jails more of its citizens than any other country on earth? maybe they should teach more of the inmates that cannot read to do so and educate them in ways they didn't get on the outside. Maybe send them back to real life without some lame hope that god will save them and give them the actual tools they need to suceed back in the world so we stop jailing so many of our countrymen in the US.

6a00d83451af9f69e201157159b4be970b_320wi
If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the New, he would be insane. - Robert Green Ingersoll

It's amazing how Christians pull shit out of their asses. Bibles are allowed in schools. I took my Bible to school a lot and read it during study hall.

• Like 1

I'm on a facebook moms' group, and a woman posted, asking if the Boy Scouts are a religious organization. People gave their input, and a little ways into the thread, the OP talked about how she believes in children being able to make their own decisions about religion as they grow up, rather than being told what to believe as children, and that was why she was curious about the Boy Scouts. One woman replied, "Lol, the Boy Scouts aren't going to brainwash your son. Although, if they did, I don't know what harm ever came from a little bible teaching for a child."

Aargh. I think this is the right moment for me to use the phrase, "The stupid... it burns", for the first time in my life.

• Like 2

I'm on a facebook moms' group, and a woman posted, asking if the Boy Scouts are a religious organization. People gave their input, and a little ways into the thread, the OP talked about how she believes in children being able to make their own decisions about religion as they grow up, rather than being told what to believe as children, and that was why she was curious about the Boy Scouts. One woman replied, "Lol, the Boy Scouts aren't going to brainwash your son. Although, if they did, I don't know what harm ever came from a little bible teaching for a child."

Aargh. I think this is the right moment for me to use the phrase, "The stupid... it burns", for the first time in my life.

I would add the OP as a FB friend and invite her out for coffee.  We doubters should stick together :)

I sent her a PM to encourage her. And I sent the other lady a PM too, with a link to my coming-out blog post. :)

• Like 1

I CANNOT believe I am related to someone who would actually post this.  Please, make it stahp! Lol.

1256513_10154715971120548_35660912829615

• Like 1

I CANNOT believe I am related to someone who would actually post this. Please, make it stahp! Lol.

My God. That has to be one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen.
  • Like 7

• Super Moderator

I CANNOT believe I am related to someone who would actually post this.  Please, make it stahp! Lol.

< image snipped >

We must have some of the same relatives!  WendyDoh.gif Wendybanghead.gif WendyDoh.gif

I CANNOT believe I am related to someone who would actually post this.

Oh, believe it!

• Like 1

I CANNOT believe I am related to someone who would actually post this. Please, make it stahp! Lol.

My God. That has to be one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen.

This would be stupid on it's own, but the fact that she obviously doesn't know that the days of the week were named to honor pagan gods just makes it even worse.

• Like 2

Wow, FTNZ, I think you win the award for the week. That trumps anything I've seen for awhile.

• Like 1

Wow, FTNZ, I think you win the award for the week. That trumps anything I've seen for awhile.

Hehe, you guys make the burning from the stupid all worth it :)

Someone in this guy's Ministry team has done some marketing courses... one time only offer, call now!

1924397_10155376520342355_43084954749803