Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

I CANNOT believe I am related to someone who would actually post this. Please, make it stahp! Lol.

1256513_10154715971120548_35660912829615

I'm banging my head against the wall here because this is the same Shit my dad would send in an email.

• Like 1

Someone in this guy's Ministry team has done some marketing courses... one time only offer, call now!

1924397_10155376520342355_43084954749803

Wow. Better act fast or you won't ever be blessed I guess.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Never knew god was such a stickler for expiration dates.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I CANNOT believe I am related to someone who would actually post this. Please, make it stahp! Lol.

I'm banging my head against the wall here because this is the same Shit my dad would send in an email.

Every day is sin day for me.

• Like 3

My God. That has to be one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen.

Well, it's the stupidest fucking thing I've seen all weak.

• Like 2

Someone in this guy's Ministry team has done some marketing courses... one time only offer, call now!

But since it's all part of god's plan, then the plan all along was for you to miss the plan. 

• Like 3

My God. That has to be one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen.

Well, it's the stupidest fucking thing I've seen all weak.

Clever.

But since it's all part of god's plan, then the plan all along was for you to miss the plan. 

God will give you Ebola and if you don't act on it it, it will go away!

Forgive me if this is redundant.

How about this gem:

"Pray like it all depends on God. Work like it all depends on you."

my fundie friend who study theology about vaccine: Although I am not an absolute anti-vaccine thinker, many scientists question about the positive effect of flu vaccine; besides, they point out the fact that flu vaccine contains a certain preservatives that might be a cause of side-effect. In my opinion, unless one is a health-care worker at the nursing home or hospital or a senior citizen, one does not need to get vaccination.

his additional comment: 

everyone is protected by God whether one gets vaccination or not! Take it easy!

Wendybanghead.gif

his additional comment: 

Wendybanghead.gif

Oh God, that physically hurts.

his additional comment: 

Wendybanghead.gif

Oh God, that physically hurts.

I'm okay with that. I just think of it as natural selection at work.

This just in on Facebook:

"Just because you cant see
the light at the end of the tunnel
doesn't mean God isn't moving on
your behalf. When a train goes through
a tunnel and it gets dark, you
dont throw away the ticket and jump off.
You sit still and trust the engineer."

:-)

The engineer is real, at least.

Ok, this might be a little long-winded by here we go. Yesterday I say this status update appear on my feed.

"Even if I believed in nothing, I am proud to be STRAIGHT!"

I know the person reasonably well, respect them and care for them, but I was curious what sort of point he was trying to make, so I asked. His response was thus:

"CEO of Apple so proud of being gay. He says it's one of his best gifts from God."

Here's the BBC article on the 'issue' -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29829763 (That as far as I can see was not attached to any of his statements.)

I have got increasingly infuriated with the unfair treatment of others because of the sexuality and while I haven't 'come out' yet about starting down the deconversion process I felt I had to respond. This is what I said.

While I think I understand you sentiments, I would say this. The sad truth is that many individuals who consider themselves part of the LGBTI community are ashamed of who they are. Tim Cook, the man in question here, didn't make this statement to big himself up but to "help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it's worth the trade-off with my own privacy," (A direct quote from him from a BBC article here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29829763

If everyone believed in nothing, this sort of thing wouldn't need to happen. No one would need to feel ashamed of themselves for their sexuality, they wouldn't have to hide who they are or pretend to be different, they wouldn't hate themselves, feel judged or abandoned by family and friends.

Those of us who consider ourselves straight don't have to make public announcements, or feel the fear of coming out to our families and friends, we don't need to worry about being rejected for a fundamental part of who we are. Because heterosexuality is 'normal', but normal changes - its changed all throughout history and it will continue to change in the future.

I know someone will most likely bring up the Bible and what it says, but to be honest I'm not really interested in having that conversation today. And perhaps more importantly it is entirely irrelevant. Regardless of what we believe about homosexuality or any other sexual orientation that strays from the heterosexual 'norm', no one has the right to belittle, ostracise or make anyone feel less than human.

This rant wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, I'm merely suggesting that there was more going on here than boasting and perhaps as Christians we should be more aware of what our judgements do to those around us.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to share, maybe to calm the panic that's building up inside of me. This is the first time I've taken such a public stand on something and while its small and probably not very significant, it feels like a big deal to me.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

• Like 7

Avandris, that was beautiful. Love it.

“If Jesus carried you all week. I dare you to type Amen.”

More than 250,000 likes and counting. More than 330,000 “Amens” and counting. An orgy of self-emasculation, and they’re bragging about it!

• Like 1

More than 250,000 likes and counting. More than 330,000 “Amens” and counting. An orgy of self-emasculation, and they’re bragging about it!

Jesus hasn't done shit for me since I stopped believing in him and then I realized he was a fantasy and never had actually done anything for me anyway...

• Like 2

It's time to return home! Onward, Jesus! Forward!

stock-photo-low-angle-view-of-a-father-g

Looking at the picture in the link, that's the guy from Assassins creed rather than Jesus

10561682_893455267351014_361023246242888

Oh yeah? If he can do anything, why hasn't he?  Shit, these people are credulous.

• Like 1

Jesus is a domestic abuser:

10802028_10155420599277355_3313867922481

• Like 1

Jesus is a domestic abuser:

10802028_10155420599277355_3313867922481

This makes me cringe.  So many times I said things like this doe eyed and in awe that someone so majestic would spare a moment for someone as insignificant as me.  For so long I wondered how I could have allowed myself to be trapped in an emotionally abusive marriage, now I realize I was raised to expect that kind of treatment.

• Like 3

This just appeared on my news feed

"Ministry won’t mess you up. It’ll just highlight how you already are. So stop blaming ministry, and just deal with your mess"

Got to love the 'victim' blaming and lack of insight. Dear me.

• Like 2