Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

When I use to lurk here, I always (in a sick way) enjoyed this thread, because often saw the same/similar post on my feed, many a face palms happen....
Maybe in due time I can post some stuff here from what I see.

I have no words...

10404455_735664983182286_903356932778231

Some of the comments are darn funny too:

https://www.facebook.com/GilbertLiz/photos/a.356148997800555.79726.227291194019670/735664983182286/?type=1

I have no words...

https://www.facebook.com/GilbertLiz/photos/a.356148997800555.79726.227291194019670/735664983182286/?type=1

the fun thing here is that they (those that actually think this is something other than a joke) don't seem to realize this is happening millions of places in the universe right now most likely... not very miraculous when it is happening so often you could get buy 1 get 3 free deal in this galaxy alone.

• Like 1

I have no words...

the fun thing here is that they (those that actually think this is something other than a joke) don't seem to realize this is happening millions of places in the universe right now most likely... not very miraculous when it is happening so often you could get buy 1 get 3 free deal in this galaxy alone.

It's that whole "the creator of the universe made it all just for humans" mentality. Solipsism on a universal scale.

Haven't we discovered at least three other planets that are Earth-like and capable of sustaining life like here?

Oh, just to bump, she wants to work in the medical field.

And doesn't acknowledge basic scientific fact when it comes to the history of the universe.

Yeah, maybe it's not specifically relevant to her medical hopes, but... If she denies something as elementary as this (oh, and said that man simply "made [the evidence] all up" when I gave her very good historical reasons for leaving Christianity), who knows what else she ignores in the name of an Iron-age God.

Disregarding science for religion is probably pretty common in the medical field, despite the fact that the medical field is built on science. I have a sister-in-law who's an RN and believes in young earth creationism. I suspect that my RN neighbor does too (she's a conservative Christian who seems to fit that mold). I think they're both good RNs, though.

Inject epinephrine.....or pray to Jesus....hmmmmmmm. Might be an interesting conversation to have.  :-)

I have no words...

Yet Jesus never appears nor speaks...

My older sister is constantly posting hoaxes as fact on FB. I don't debunk these publicly but send her a private message asking her if she fact checked her post which usually ends up with her deleting her post.

This morning she posted some praise Jesus picture. I messaged her and asked if she fact checked it before posting and then told her I was just giving her a hard time. She responded that she doesn't see a need to fact check it.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I've called people out a few times on FB while also posting the Snopes.com debunking link. Next time they just posted something with the disclaimer, "I dont care if it's real or not....the story is so touching...."

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but if I found out it was BS it would be less emotionally profound. :-)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

My older sister is constantly posting hoaxes as fact on FB. I don't debunk these publicly but send her a private message asking her if she fact checked her post which usually ends up with her deleting her post.

This morning she posted some praise Jesus picture. I messaged her and asked if she fact checked it before posting and then told her I was just giving her a hard time. She responded that she doesn't see a need to fact check it.

I've called people out a few times on FB while also posting the Snopes.com debunking link. Next time they just posted something with the disclaimer, "I dont care if it's real or not....the story is so touching...."

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but if I found out it was BS it would be less emotionally profound. :-)

About Snopes... I've done that too and actually got replies from fundy-family saying "that's an unreliable source with a liberal agenda"  

Okaaaaaaay....   Wendybanghead.gif WendyDoh.gif Wendybanghead.gif

I get a lot of that, too.

There are lies out there, but you can't just say that everything that disagrees with your worldview is false.

There are lies out there, but you can't just say that everything that disagrees with your worldview is false.

Yes I can. That's a lie to support your liberal agenda.

Yes I can. That's a lie to support your liberal agenda.

Well played.

About Snopes... I've done that too and actually got replies from fundy-family saying "that's an unreliable source with a liberal agenda"  

Okaaaaaaay....   Wendybanghead.gif WendyDoh.gif Wendybanghead.gif

Maybe Snopes is run by the government....

I have no words...

It's that whole "the creator of the universe made it all just for humans" mentality. Solipsism on a universal scale.

I call that primitive myself. Only a truly ignorant and arrogant asshole woudl think that something we cannot even use maybe never use would be made solely for us.

This is backwards shit they thought about 100's of years ago that the earth was the center. Now we know definitively that we are the center of nothing. I love not being the center of importance in the universe. It is a lot less pressure if we can just exist in it like everything else and let it unfold as it will.

Universal scale indeed. True insanity...

..."I dont care if it's real or not....the story is so touching...."

You know, that right there is the crux of the problem.

That person spoke the whole truth of the matter without even knowing it.

• Like 3

10403551_819463404743795_131074112158420

I face palm when I see people believe this(if they do or just wanna share.)

• Like 1

10404153_676137945838489_591905066176153

with the caption

"Give me your failure, God says, and I will make life out of it. We are all broken people and terribly aware of our wounds, but as St. Augustine says “In my deepest wound I saw Your glory and it astounded me.” He seems to be saying that against all expectations our very failures can be the point at which God meet us and transforms us. God sees our wounds, and sees them not as scars but as honours. 

….we are becoming more like Him with ever-increasing glory by the Lord's Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18”

This is the sort of emotional crap that my sister and her friends buy into all the time.  How can I ever get her to see that her imaginary friend is imaginary?  I don't think I can.

This sort of stuff pissed me off as a Christian, now my blood boils when I read these superstitious chain letter style FB pictures

Can't post the pic to ex c from my phone but this is the text-

'Say this slow..."God I love you and I need you NOW!!" If you meant it repost & a miracle will happen tonight. Ignore And All Will Go Wrong'

An atheist YouTuber on FB posted a status asking Xians why they hate Thor; I assumed it referred to their disapproval of the Thor movies. So I answered "because they hate the slightest suggestion that there is a god other than theirs. I went "oh shit" and felt embarrassed when a Xian FB friend replied to my comment that she actually likes the Thor franchise. Then I decided if people decide to track down their friends' comments and read them, it's their own fault if they get offended.

• Like 1

An atheist YouTuber on FB posted a status asking Xians why they hate Thor; I assumed it referred to their disapproval of the Thor movies. So I answered "because they hate the slightest suggestion that there is a god other than theirs. I went "oh shit" and felt embarrassed when a Xian FB friend replied to my comment that she actually likes the Thor franchise. Then I decided if people decide to track down their friends' comments and read them, it's their own fault if they get offended.

I avoid liking or leaving any type of comments on stuff like that. My family and most people don't know I am now an atheist, and I don't need a shit storming happening. Though I would like to, its not worth it.

A FB friend posted this link with a comment "This is so wrong". I was very excited at first when I read it but at the end it has SATIRE disclaimer. Oww sad.png

http://yoganonymous.com/pope-francis-hell-fire-adam-eve-real/

One man who is out to open many old “secrets” in the Catholic church is Pope Francis.

Some of the beliefs that are held in the church but contrary to the loving nature of God are now being set aside by the Pope who was recently named The Man of The Year by TIME Magazine.

In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said:

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

Another friend posted a link to an article about a couple from Pasadena, CA who just returned back home from Qatar with this: "Thank you, Lord!"

I am controlling myself really hard not to comment on it.