Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Pope Francis actually did say that?

It'd be a step in the right direction, for sure.

• Like 1

We can wait until hell freezes over for a pope to say that.

• Like 1

I would think the pope would then show a new representation of Jesus rather than the scary crucifix figure. Buddy Christ

Buddy_christ.jpg

With respect, that image is far more terrifying.

Why does Jesus have a Jamm

I would think the pope would then show a new representation of Jesus rather than the scary crucifix figure. Buddy Christ
Buddy_christ.jpg

Why does Jesus have a Jammy Dodger smashed on his chest?

(That's a biscuit we have here in Britain.)

jammydodger-mgm-340615.jpg

• Like 2

Ah Square, I never noticed that before. Good old Jammy Dodgers!

Why does Jesus have a Jamm

Buddy_christ.jpg

Why does Jesus have a Jammy Dodger smashed on his chest?

(That's a biscuit we have here in Britain.)

jammydodger-mgm-340615.jpg

Maybe a Pharisee threw it at him and he's telling the thrower, "Love ya too bro. Just wait until I set you on fire in Hell."

A FB friend posted this link with a comment "This is so wrong". I was very excited at first when I read it but at the end it has SATIRE disclaimer. Oww sad.png

http://yoganonymous.com/pope-francis-hell-fire-adam-eve-real/

One man who is out to open many old “secrets” in the Catholic church is Pope Francis.

Some of the beliefs that are held in the church but contrary to the loving nature of God are now being set aside by the Pope who was recently named The Man of The Year by TIME Magazine.

In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said:

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

As a former Catholic, I would have immediately recognized it as bogus. Nothing Francis has said departs from official Catholic teaching, and I don't foresee ever will; he merely puts a kinder, gentler face on an institution that has become more concerned with its rules than with Jesus. Getting rid of hell would be a catastrophic departure from Catholic teashing. (Papa Ratzi getting rid of limbo was not a case of changing church dogma; while many Catholics did believe in limbo, it was never official Catholic teaching.)

From my previous source.

OP

"Facebook I have suggested that I join the following groups: Atheist Nation, Atheist Friends List 2.0, The Atheist Experience Fans, and Atheist Debate Club.

How do they decide what to suggest?"

Comment 1

"Apparently the world's worst algorithm"

Comment 2

"Maybe to show them the truth"

Comment 3

"Maybe they want you to convert some people?"

Comment 4

"O_o"

Comment 5

"Strange"

Comment 6

"Satan"

Comment 7

"I don't understand myself. They suggest I join 'devotee' and amputee fetish groups all the time" <--This one has gotta be the strangest, but one of my favorites.

Comment 8

"Maybe those atheist groups are bored and need some leadership? You?"

Comment 9

"Lol"

Comment 10

"Most of my suggested groups are right on which is also a little scary" <--In other words, Facebook has done its job.

Comment 11

"Say what....! The Devil has his hands on fb now...man, now I've seen it all :D" <--This is the girl I had a message clash with. The one who called science "rubbish".

Comment 12

"I think the devil has had his hands on fb since it started" <--Then why do you use it?

Comment 13

"Satan is always trying to get God's people..In any way he can..Fb is a great opportunity to do so.." <--First, learn to use that ellipsis properly. Second, again, why do you use it?

Comment 14

"Right!!!!! This is what I was getting at by my comment." <--Same girl.

The names have been changed (re: not stated) to protect the innocent.

First, none of these people know how to use ellipsis properly.

Secondly, if Satan is so involved in Facebook, why do you continue using it? If it's so bad, then stop using it!

Thirdly, holy crap did that escalate quickly. It went, in the course of a few comments, from "hey, use this opportunity to proselytize to them" to "Satan." That's it.

One track mind, anyone?

• Like 1

Considering Facebook uses your recent searches and likes to determine what pages to suggest they might not want to be advertising some of these.  I can't imagine what the person's browsing history looks like if they get "amputee fetish groups all the time" WendyDoh.gif

Sick of annoying FB page/group suggestions and a bunch of other things?  www.FBpurity.com

Fucking brilliant.

Of course facebook is going to be FULL of Christian propaganda, it's fucking mom-book.  

Damn I remember when the only people addicted to 'social media' were computer geeks that no one liked.  Now everyon is a computer geek constantly tapping on their caluculator watches.  It's fucking stupid.  Friends used to be people you actually hung out with.

FT, doesn't surprise me.

What does surprise me is her anecdotal "diatribe" with God. That's just weird.

10382177_1024915140857220_37328495845315

I am dying to post "so does that mean you won't judge me for being gay anymore?" but I don't  want a fight.

My relative has her wannabe liberal xian hat on when she posts things like this.  It never lasts, she's a fundy at heart.

10382177_1024915140857220_37328495845315

I am dying to post "so does that mean you won't judge me for being gay anymore?" but I don't  want a fight.

My relative has her wannabe liberal xian hat on when she posts things like this.  It never lasts, she's a fundy at heart.

if she really is then stick it to her, that is all she will ever do to you if she really is fundy. You can trust her to do one thing in my opinion, whatever is most absurd in the name of her god.

Guy looks like a nut job in this pic.

I really think Mark Lowry is gay.

• Like 3

Does that affect his opinion or crazy smile in some way? is it bad to be gay in your eyes?

Does that affect his opinion or crazy smile in some way? is it bad to be gay in your eyes?

I know from chatting with Bendy many times that he does not think it is bad to be gay.

I think what he was getting at, was that Mark Lowry makes his living from being a xian entertainer/personality, and as such, is unlikely to proclaim he is gay (if he is), because his fans would recoil in horror and stop providing him with an income.  He is 56 and unmarried, when he is not bad looking, funny, must have a decent income, and there is a glut of single xian women.  It does seem highly suspicious to me.  Of course, I have no issue if he is gay, I just note the potential hypocrisy, and the sad situation that many gay xians don't feel they can come out of the closet because of all the bigotry.

• Like 1

No, I honestly believe he's a closeted gay man. I don't really have anything against him (his comedy is... not great, and I've heard some people say it's kind of sexist), but as far as Christian entertainers go, he's relatively benign. He just fits the stereotype.

A FB friend posted this link with a comment "This is so wrong". I was very excited at first when I read it but at the end it has SATIRE disclaimer. Oww sad.png

http://yoganonymous.com/pope-francis-hell-fire-adam-eve-real/

One man who is out to open many old “secrets” in the Catholic church is Pope Francis.

Some of the beliefs that are held in the church but contrary to the loving nature of God are now being set aside by the Pope who was recently named The Man of The Year by TIME Magazine.

In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said:

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

As a former Catholic, I would have immediately recognized it as bogus. Nothing Francis has said departs from official Catholic teaching, and I don't foresee ever will; he merely puts a kinder, gentler face on an institution that has become more concerned with its rules than with Jesus. Getting rid of hell would be a catastrophic departure from Catholic teashing. (Papa Ratzi getting rid of limbo was not a case of changing church dogma; while many Catholics did believe in limbo, it was never official Catholic teaching.)

Former Catholic here too! I was educated for 12 years in Catholic schools and was "born again" in my early 20s but still I wished the article had been true. My school was build by Jesuits  and I do have fond memories of it so I have a soft spot for the order.

One of my cousin's favorite Christmas quotes:  "Christmas and some of the cherished traditions of the season remind us that we, like the Wise Men of old, should seek the Christ and lay before Him the most precious of gifts; a broken heart and a contrite spirit. "

Because nothing says peace and joy like a broken heart and contrite spirit. Wendytwitch.gif

• Like 4

My gaydar is just pinging like a submarine, and before anyone asks.....hellll no im not hitting that

• Like 1

Guest Furball

One of my cousin's favorite Christmas quotes:  "Christmas and some of the cherished traditions of the season remind us that we, like the Wise Men of old, should seek the Christ and lay before Him the most precious of gifts; a broken heart and a contrite spirit. "

Boy this bible god really desires us to feel like shit ALL the time doesn't he?

• Like 1

my encounter with a fundy wanker today (ad hominim attack intended)

facebookwanker_zps40b4c610.jpg