Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Glad to know that liberal use of that little drop down that includes 'I don't want to see this post' and 'Do not show me posts from this member in the future' is serving me well. 

Or "I dont want to see posts from this page". The problem is they find different pages with the same religious or political crap. Oh well, gives me something to do, blocking pages all day. :-)

From Brian Simmons:

"The God of Peace will swiftly pound Satan to a pulp under your feet! The wonderful favor of our Lord Jesus will surround you!

Romans 16:20 TPT"

Is this God of Peace pounding to a pulp under MY feet stuff cool or what?

From Brian Simmons:

"The God of Peace will swiftly pound Satan to a pulp under your feet! The wonderful favor of our Lord Jesus will surround you!

Oh that reminds me, cringe, of a church service where the visiting preacher had us all write "Satan" on the soles of our shoes so we could proclaim that "Satan is under my feet".  WTF.

What is this shit?!?  I'm sure if I read Part 1 it would make perfect sense.

Apostle's Daily Meditations

*******The Seed Test***** Part 2

When you fail the seed test, you are actually failing the money test. Why? Because God knows that if you fail the seed test, He can’t trust you with the harvest. See, the seed is to prepare your heart for the harvest. With the seed, you have another chance but once the harvest comes – the harvest that the kingdom will produce, God has to know that He can trust you. And it can hurt you if you are not properly trained.

What Jesus does with the seed, specifically money seeds, He trains us so that we can be matured when the harvest comes. The fact is: most Christians don’t have their money yet because they haven’t been trained properly with the seed. Yeah, you may have sown a few seeds, but consistency is the key.

The seed is the training ground for the harvest. If you flunk the seed test, you’ll never see the harvest.

Seed failure will shut all harvest down. So, some people may say, well, “I’m going to pray.” Go ahead and pray. But, I want you to know this: nothing talks to the harvest but the seed.

Remember, the seed is always due a resurrection harvest. You can compare the seed of Jesus being put in the grave. It has to come back up!

How long have you been trying to make your money stretch without seed? Without sowing proper seeds. You see, my daddy was a farmer. He never sowed half a row. Why? Because he didn’t want half a crop. And he never sowed in the wrong place because he knew that seed would not come up.

With the help of the Holy Spirit, it is possible to pass the seed test. As a matter of fact, it’s like taking a test you already have the answers to. God will direct you in your sowing, all He needs is your willing and obedient participation.

From Brian Simmons:

Oh that reminds me, cringe, of a church service where the visiting preacher had us all write "Satan" on the soles of our shoes so we could proclaim that "Satan is under my feet".  WTF.

Always nice to get treated like you are in elementary school by a man who probably has no respect for you as a person to begin with...

If you told a stranger this in public then showed them your shoes you would get laughed at and treated like you were handicap or retarded or a toddler.

Funny that some people pay good money for this fake ass self help bullshit to authors that are basically con-men. Religous people do to but it just goes to the "church" instead of directly to the mans pocket. It still really just goes into the mans pocket but he has to tax launder it through the church first.

What is this shit?!?  I'm sure if I read Part 1 it would make perfect sense.

Apostle's Daily Meditations

*******The Seed Test***** Part 2

When you fail the seed test, you are actually failing the money test. Why? Because God knows that if you fail the seed test, He can’t trust you with the harvest. See, the seed is to prepare your heart for the harvest. With the seed, you have another chance but once the harvest comes – the harvest that the kingdom will produce, God has to know that He can trust you. And it can hurt you if you are not properly trained.

What Jesus does with the seed, specifically money seeds, He trains us so that we can be matured when the harvest comes. The fact is: most Christians don’t have their money yet because they haven’t been trained properly with the seed. Yeah, you may have sown a few seeds, but consistency is the key.

The seed is the training ground for the harvest. If you flunk the seed test, you’ll never see the harvest.

Seed failure will shut all harvest down. So, some people may say, well, “I’m going to pray.” Go ahead and pray. But, I want you to know this: nothing talks to the harvest but the seed.

Remember, the seed is always due a resurrection harvest. You can compare the seed of Jesus being put in the grave. It has to come back up!

How long have you been trying to make your money stretch without seed? Without sowing proper seeds. You see, my daddy was a farmer. He never sowed half a row. Why? Because he didn’t want half a crop. And he never sowed in the wrong place because he knew that seed would not come up.

With the help of the Holy Spirit, it is possible to pass the seed test. As a matter of fact, it’s like taking a test you already have the answers to. God will direct you in your sowing, all He needs is your willing and obedient participation.

Lemme guess...you plant the money seed by investing in the church?

I've seen them asking for money seeds on TV. You need to send the church some money to sew the seed. God's miracles are waiting for you! But you have to show your faith by planting the seed! Throw in a few Bible verses about seed sewing and people will send money. If no miracle happened it's because you need to show god more faith by sending more money.

Found this in a comment: "God's love is unselfish. If you never love God, he will still love you."

49.gif

Yeah, except for the part where he chucks you into a fiery pit of torture and darkness for eternity if you don't. He must still love me though! Right?

• Like 1

Found this in a comment: "God's love is unselfish. If you never love God, he will still love you."

49.gif

Yeah, except for the part where he chucks you into a fiery pit of torture and darkness for eternity if you don't. He must still love me though! Right?

It completely blows my mind that I used to believe that shit. O ye indoctrination, thou art powerful!

• Like 1

49.gif

Well, you have probably heard the old saying, "You always hurt the one you love." God, being so omni-everything, just takes it a step few million steps further and tortures the ones he loves.

Doesn't that make you feel better?

• Like 1

49.gif

Well, you have probably heard the old saying, "You always hurt the one you love." God, being so omni-everything, just takes it a step few million steps further and tortures the ones he loves.

Tortures ALL the ones he loves.  Which is everyone.

(Apart from the few that happen to believe for no good reason that he incarnated himself in the form of a Jewish carpenter two thousand years ago.)

• Like 1

my fundie friend: I do not recommend a Christian to use the secular dating site, because there are many differences of the values between Christians and non-Christians, which could possibly be a cause of divorce.

look at the mirror

40k denominations with different values laugh.png

and of course divorce rate of christian couple is higher than secular counterpart :lol:

• Like 1

and of course divorce rate of christian couple is higher than secular counterpart laugh.png

Although, I suspect that that's largely due to the way the church frowns on cohabitation. To live together and still love Jesus, ya gotta get married, so nearly all split ups get counted as divorces, whereas secular couples who simply live together without getting married and then separate would not be counted among divorce statistics.

• Like 1

and of course divorce rate of christian couple is higher than secular counterpart laugh.png

Although, I suspect that that's largely due to the way the church frowns on cohabitation. To live together and still love Jesus, ya gotta get married, so nearly all split ups get counted as divorces, whereas secular couples who simply live together without getting married and then separate would not be counted among divorce statistics.

That's a great answer. 

49.gif

Tortures ALL the ones he loves.  Which is everyone.

(Apart from the few that happen to believe for no good reason that he incarnated himself in the form of a Jewish carpenter two thousand years ago.)

This is the thing isn't it, He loves you while you are alive and can only get by on faith, after you die and "know", He doesn't want to know...........

^^^ Oh my gawad, here we go again!

Guest Furball

Just when i thought i heard everything....yeesh I am surprised after they had you write that, they didn't ask you to stand up and stomp your feet on the ground. -silly christians, fiction is for kids

Just when i thought i heard everything....yeesh I am surprised after they had you write that, they didn't ask you to stand up and stomp your feet on the ground. -silly christians, fiction is for kids

And here I thought that wearing "satan" paraphernalia was supposed to be evil!

10950104_832570790143703_100820945_n.jpg

Boondocks fanart and Christianity? I'm not so sure those two things mix...

A fundy friend posted an article about the 7 home schooled kids in Arkansas that were removed from home. The article is so biased it only listed trivial reasons. 

After just a few seconds of google search I found a non biased article. The reason is far more severe, teenager spanking (16 & 14 y.o.) and also the article opens the interpretation that the CPS received reports from the teenaged kids themselves. However the whole thing is still unclear because of court gag order.

I am sorely tempted to comment on her post with the relatively unbiased article however I know if I do that I will be a social pariah. I am still a closeted atheist.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/7-homeschool-kids-in-state-custody-after-judge-rules-against-christian-parents-police-wont-say-why-children-were-seized-133110/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/01/21/why-seven-arkansas-children-may-have-been-taken-from-their-parents-over-the-dangerous-miracle-supplement-mms/

Well, I guess that's better than just outright condemning gays, but expecting them to commit to celibacy for a myth is still awful.

Lifelong celebacy is the standard Catholic answer to homosexuals. (The RCC accepts that homosexuality is not a choice, but rules is rules.)