Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Damn, this thread makes me grateful I have no Fundie friends on Facebook..

temperance-movement.jpg

I don't think liquor is the problem here. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

Read the comments on the right side....rDd9e.png

*head*desk* I used to see these comments before CNN closed off their comments section after news articles. The wallowing in ignorance was astounding and also made me sad. My parents were believers but loved science. We watched PBS shows such as Nova and who here remembers Mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom?!!

• Like 1

Guest Furball

I remember wild kingdom. And yes, the ignorance is sad, but also laughable at times. When i read christian responses in the comments section of any article or video, i feel like i am reading something a caveman would type. The ignorance is so incredible i almost feel like they are joking with their comments. I keep waiting to see a "j/k" at the end of their comments, but alas, they are serious. Unbelievable. 

temperance-movement.jpg

I don't think liquor is the problem here. :HaHa:

That picture's about enough to drive me to start drinking!

• Like 2

11001835_722870594498557_121423023866396

With accompanying text:

" "Where is God in all my misery?" God is not "out there somewhere," He is with us in the middle of our pain, our suffering and our struggles. He loves us in spite of our wrong choices, pursues us when we reject Him and stands beside us in our pain and suffering
"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?" (Psalm 139:7) Where is God? He is here with me, here with you, even when we fail to feel His presence. How do we know it? We know that God is among His people from the stories we read in scripture.
Where is God? He is with you, right beside you. He is for you. Even when you are angry at Him, when you hurt Him, when you don’t trust Him, He says, "I still love you and I AM here." "

OK so let me get this right...

He is with us/beside us in our pain that he caused/allowed despite being all-loving and all-powerful.

He loves us in spite of our "wrong" choices in the context of a universe where he chose to set us up to fail (see Genesis 1)

Even when we fail to feel his presence, no doubt because he doesn't exist, we know that god is here because bible.

He is "for" us despite setting us up to fail and threatening us with eternal conscious torment if we don't believe in him.

The problem is that we are angry with/hurt/don't trust him when... see above.

This shit is ridiculous.

11001835_722870594498557_121423023866396

"Even when you are angry at Him, when you hurt Him"

And how does one hurt God exactly?

Also an orca is a mammal not a fish...........................

• Like 1