Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

11001835_722870594498557_121423023866396

"Even when you are angry at Him, when you hurt Him"

And how does one hurt God exactly?

Also an orca is a mammal not a fish...........................

The Bible says whales are great fish.  Checkmate scientists!

• Like 1

With accompanying text:

" "Where is God in all my misery?" God is not "out there somewhere," He is with us in the middle of our pain, our suffering and our struggles. He loves us in spite of our wrong choices, pursues us when we reject Him and stands beside us in our pain and suffering

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?" (Psalm 139:7) Where is God? He is here with me, here with you, even when we fail to feel His presence. How do we know it? We know that God is among His people from the stories we read in scripture.

Where is God? He is with you, right beside you. He is for you. Even when you are angry at Him, when you hurt Him, when you don’t trust Him, He says, "I still love you and I AM here." "

OK so let me get this right...

He is with us/beside us in our pain that he caused/allowed despite being all-loving and all-powerful.

He loves us in spite of our "wrong" choices in the context of a universe where he chose to set us up to fail (see Genesis 1)

Even when we fail to feel his presence, no doubt because he doesn't exist, we know that god is here because bible.

He is "for" us despite setting us up to fail and threatening us with eternal conscious torment if we don't believe in him.

The problem is that we are angry with/hurt/don't trust him when... see above.

This shit is ridiculous.

I'm at the point where this actually pisses me off. I have severe depression. Like, have contemplated suicide. Cry myself to sleep at night and can't pull myself out of bed depression. And I'm supposed to believe God is sitting there with me, "loving me" and "working in mysterious ways." Fuck that. FUCK. THAT. Now I'm just angry.

• Like 5

I'm at the point where this actually pisses me off. I have severe depression. Like, have contemplated suicide. Cry myself to sleep at night and can't pull myself out of bed depression. And I'm supposed to believe God is sitting there with me, "loving me" and "working in mysterious ways." Fuck that. FUCK. THAT. Now I'm just angry.

*Waits for anger to subside and offers a big FTNZ hug to violetbutterfly*

You are awesome, and a much valued member of this forum.  Would it help to be reminded that more and more people are getting free of fundamentalist xianity every day, and one day it will be relegated to the fringes of society, where it belongs?  And science is amazing, and new discoveries are being made every day, and there's never been a better time to be an unbeliever?

Thinking of you, may your health improve soon.

• Like 4

Thank you, FTNZ.  You are right...I hope more people continue to "see the light." *hug right back atcha*

• Like 2

The Christian claims are a cop out.  They don't have any answers.  They can't help.  Their claims that they work for an all powerful and all good God are lies.

I've been depressed most of my life.  I sincerely hope you find a cure for what ails you but you won't find it in Christianity.

*hugs*

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your depression. I hope you're getting professional help.

With accompanying text:

" "Where is God in all my misery?" God is not "out there somewhere," He is with us in the middle of our pain, our suffering and our struggles. He loves us in spite of our wrong choices, pursues us when we reject Him and stands beside us in our pain and suffering

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?" (Psalm 139:7) Where is God? He is here with me, here with you, even when we fail to feel His presence. How do we know it? We know that God is among His people from the stories we read in scripture.

Where is God? He is with you, right beside you. He is for you. Even when you are angry at Him, when you hurt Him, when you don’t trust Him, He says, "I still love you and I AM here." "

He is with us/beside us in our pain that he caused/allowed despite being all-loving and all-powerful.

He loves us in spite of our "wrong" choices in the context of a universe where he chose to set us up to fail (see Genesis 1)

Even when we fail to feel his presence, no doubt because he doesn't exist, we know that god is here because bible.

He is "for" us despite setting us up to fail and threatening us with eternal conscious torment if we don't believe in him.

This shit is ridiculous.

I can relate to how you feel because I was in depression last year. I hope you find a secular therapist soon / I hope you have found one. In the mean time, try to hang out with people who truly care about you. It helps a bit.

Guest Furball

11001835_722870594498557_121423023866396

With accompanying text:

This shit is ridiculous.

I was going to reply but felt that your response was better -up voted

Guest Furball

This shit is ridiculous.

I am not sure which god they are talking about. This is obviously not the tyrant god of the bible they are describing. This sounds more like the god of the new agers. Even christians don't believe in the evil god of the bible, that's why they have to keep making this "he's good" shit up as they go along. This whole story sounds like something out of a fictional story tale about some fairy god mother or something. Oh that's right, we ex-c's HAVE figured out that this stuff is all a fairy tale lie, that's why we aren't believers anymore. -peace

• Like 1