Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jeff

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Fundies+taking+over+the+world.jpg

What an insult to gorillas!

defacedjmccsign.jpg

The vandal's assessment is correct, even if his method is deplorable. That passage is not about a gay couple, but a master and his slave. Even people on the correct side of an issue will resort to making shit up if they're too attached to a holey book to accept what it really says.

If they want biblical support for gay couples (presumably to counteract the verses that instruct us to kill them?), they would do better with 1 Samuel 18:1-4, along with the usual reminder that Jesus was dead silent on the issue.

• Like 2

A lot of these recent pictures are things fundies would definitely not post on Facebook (or anywhere), but damn, those are the best ones.

Doofus10.jpg

The bible is both silent on abortion and supportive of it.  

god_without_man_is_still_god_christian_s

This made me laugh because I haven't seen it since the 1980s.  Ah, what self esteem-promoting crap I was raised with. /sarcasm

religion_vs_atheism_tolerance_bumper_sti

And just who started the shoving one's views down another's throat? Obviously not the one who doesn't believe in religion....

• Like 4

10574325_10154604769880058_9137159884915

Caption: I sure did! Yeehaw! Praise the Lord!

-20 points for using "Yeehaw," and minus all the rest of the points for using too many damn exclamation points.

It was actually a comment on an artilce about 50 Shades of Grey:

"Fifty Shades is about a man who was horridly abused in his early life, preyed upon sexually during his teens by a much older woman, who could not be free to be anything else until Anastasia came along. Her love for him healed those deep wounds. No accident that his first name is Christian as the story is a parallel of God's love fore even the most broken of people."

See it's not about abuse, it's about God's love..... oh wait.

• Like 3

Post.

We live on a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don’t believe in miracles?

Someone just posted this to an environmental group that I follow. It’s obvious from his comment that he means well, but he seems unaware that he is invalidating people who agree with his cause but don’t share his world view. I’m wondering if I should respond, and if so, how.

This appeared on my timeline:

Fox and Friends

They are saying it was the 'voice of an angel' that helped rescuers save 18-month old Lily, 14 hours after a deadly car crash.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=821425164611748&fref=nf

Of course the comments are full of 'praise God' etc etc. Never mind that the child is now motherless, and this so called 'voice of an angel' was only heard after the car was already discovered while the rescuers waded through ice cold water and so forth. 

I'm not convinced. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Fox and Friends

They are saying it was the 'voice of an angel' that helped rescuers save 18-month old Lily, 14 hours after a deadly car crash.

Of course the comments are full of 'praise God' etc etc. Never mind that the child is now motherless, and this so called 'voice of an angel' was only heard after the car was already discovered while the rescuers waded through ice cold water and so forth. 

my grandma thanked god as well for the baby living. It's great she made it, but I don't see how these people can all scream 'glory glory hallelujah praise the lawrd' when the mother died. All they are saying is that 'God allowed the woman to die because: Mysterious Ways™.' Guhh I'm sorry, it makes me mad. They're acting like this is some beautiful miracle and 100% undeniable proof that their god is real. Okay, how's this. I love Pagan gods as symbols only, but what if I believed that the Celtic Goddess Brigid was actually a real Goddess and then made the claim that it was her voice that was calling out to the rescuers!? And that this is undeniable proof of the Goddess and yaddee-dah? Christians would be like: Lol yea right you heathen.'' They can't know for certain though. //endrant

• Like 3

The mob mentality is a powerful thing. When some animals cry, they sound like babies. When the wind blows, it can sound like a human voice. Even metal scraping against metal has been mistaken for the sound of a human voice. It could have been a short in the radio. No one knows. They certainly can't prove it was any kind of divine incident. If rescuers had heard a voice and found the mother and child dead, no one would say a thing; they'd dismiss it as "the wind."

• Like 2

Fox and Friends

my grandma thanked god as well for the baby living. It's great she made it, but I don't see how these people can all scream 'glory glory hallelujah praise the lawrd' when the mother died. All they are saying is that 'God allowed the woman to die because: Mysterious Ways™.' Guhh I'm sorry, it makes me mad. They're acting like this is some beautiful miracle and 100% undeniable proof that their god is real. Okay, how's this. I love Pagan gods as symbols only, but what if I believed that the Celtic Goddess Brigid was actually a real Goddess and then made the claim that it was her voice that was calling out to the rescuers!? And that this is undeniable proof of the Goddess and yaddee-dah? Christians would be like: Lol yea right you heathen.'' They can't know for certain though. //endrant

And what about the baby having to survive upside down in freezing weather for 14 hours? Some angel!

Could it be that the mother wasn't quite dead yet and that's who they heard calling? Could it be that it was actually the kid and they were mistaken about it having to be an older person? Could it be that someone nearby was calling for help and didn't get help because they assumed it was about the car? Could it be that there was something creaking that they mistook for a voice? Could it be that the story was simply made up? All of those are more plausible than an angel. The credulity of some people is mindboggling.

Even when I was a Christian and believed in angels, I probably would've had a hard time seeing this as a real account of an angel. After all, what did the "angel" actually do? The car had already been found. The voice accomplished absolutely nothing. Calling that an angel actually indicates a pretty low view of angels.

• Like 1

So a video of a recent Bethel song appeared on my timeline. I honestly really liked Jesus Culture/Bethel until I started looking behind the words. Anyway, there is a quoted lyric beneath the video that is really, very telling in my opinion.

"I stand, with so many questions. But You know, all of the answers. And whether, this side of Heaven, I know that You are the Healer."

Yeah, so don't bother asking any questions,god has all the answers anyway and he's probably not going to tell you them. Ha!

Here's the video if you wish to listen, I didn't bother.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=951041818259609&fref=nf

• Like 1

Liz contributed this during a discussion of Noah's Ark: I believe all things are possible with God, there is only 1 true God.

So a video of a recent Bethel song appeared on my timeline. I honestly really liked Jesus Culture/Bethel until I started looking behind the words. Anyway, there is a quoted lyric beneath the video that is really, very telling in my opinion.

"I stand, with so many questions. But You know, all of the answers. And whether, this side of Heaven, I know that You are the Healer."

Yeah, so don't bother asking any questions,god has all the answers anyway and he's probably not going to tell you them. Ha!

Here's the video if you wish to listen, I didn't bother.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=951041818259609&fref=nf

I've seen livelier corpses than those people. They play their instruments like a Savant overdosing on Lunesta. I got a few lines in before I started dozing off myself. What's with the "sing around the campfire" videos I've been seeing lately. Here's one I actually found interesting, though Johnny's probably rolling in his grave. It starts off slow; give it 'til about 45 seconds.

Fox and Friends

And what about the baby having to survive upside down in freezing weather for 14 hours? Some angel!

Could it be that the mother wasn't quite dead yet and that's who they heard calling? Could it be that it was actually the kid and they were mistaken about it having to be an older person? Could it be that someone nearby was calling for help and didn't get help because they assumed it was about the car? Could it be that there was something creaking that they mistook for a voice? Could it be that the story was simply made up? All of those are more plausible than an angel. The credulity of some people is mindboggling.

Even when I was a Christian and believed in angels, I probably would've had a hard time seeing this as a real account of an angel. After all, what did the "angel" actually do? The car had already been found. The voice accomplished absolutely nothing. Calling that an angel actually indicates a pretty low view of angels.

This is my home town.  It is right in the middle of Mormon country and they believe strongly in angel intervention.  Everyone from there on my facebook is going on and on about the "Miracle" that has no other possible explanation. I was glad to see that there was a public recognition meeting that acknowledged the hard work of the responders that saved the little girl.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.