Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

"Fact: your birthday is dated by day, month, and year in relation to the resurrection of Jesus Christ." -Rick Warren
Mind: blown.

f7bdf495fd381e22279aa1c3c80a75b5.jpg

And you need to ask Jesus to help you lose about 100 pounds.

"Fact: your birthday is dated by day, month, and year in relation to the resurrection of Jesus Christ." -Rick Warren

If Rick Warren really said that, then he's a huge idiot. Even most Christians know that January 1, 1 AD has nothing to do with the alleged resurrection of Jesus. It's supposed to approximate his birth, but even Christian "scholars" acknowledge that his birth would not have been exactly then. (And that's assuming that they guy existed and lived around the time the church says he did.)
  • Like 2

About the AD part, when I mentioned that I prefer BCE/CE, the poster blew up on me saying how anti-Christian it was. He then mention something to the effect of renaming french fries to freedom fries and then qutoing some song about killing workers but the work goes on. I don't get it but that's what he told me.

If Rick Warren really said that, then he's a huge idiot. Even most Christians know that January 1, 1 AD has nothing to do with the alleged resurrection of Jesus. It's supposed to approximate his birth, but even Christian "scholars" acknowledge that his birth would not have been exactly then. (And that's assuming that they guy existed and lived around the time the church says he did.)