Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

pray-today-chambers-2-550x320.jpg

God caused you to wake up? He must be one hell of an annoying alarm clock.

How about those mornings when people accidentally sleep in and miss work/school/appointments/uh...church?! What a glorious divine plan!

God saved you from mysterious accidents that would have occurred had you left the house at your normal time. Every time a power surge resets your alarm clock and makes you late, you should imagine that it was god preventing an accident! I guess now that cell phones are the most common alarm clocks god is running their batteries down during the night to save us. Praise the lord!

Pray that God didn't forget? Why is the word "forget" even associated with a perfect omnipotent being?

To be fair, that is not at all what it said. Look at it again. It's asserting that god didn't forget, not suggesting that someone pray for him to not forget. (It's still an annoyingly silly little religious quote, of course.)

Urgent Prayers Needed

The crisis in Iraq has got worse than ever. Scores have been murdered, (behead, raped, homes and churches destroyed we always think it can't get worse and it does...

And these people still believe in a god..

You're right; I see my mistake. Nevertheless, my point still remains--Why is the concept of forgetting or not forgetting even associated with their God? If you don't wake up in the morning, I would think they would believe it was part of the plan, not human-like forgetfulness.

Guest Mequa

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I just came upon it on a repost on a group:

11021140_778879052196158_532985478579485

This lady was once a good Christian - a celibate woman who spent every day volunteering at the children's hospital, and never touched drugs or alcohol. Then one day she had a slight headache - and an ethnic man gave her some "medicinal" marijuanas.

Now, after injecting just one marijuana, she has descended into the murky depths of the satanic lifestyle. She sells her once-pure body to buy drugs, and has begun sacrificing local children to the devil - often bathing in the blood of her victims, as seen in the picture below. She has also begun listening to death metal bands like Goat Carcuss and The Jonas Brothers. And guess what... She still has that headache!!

The fact is that medicinal marijuanas are a complete myth! They have been clinically proven to make every health problem up to 50,000,000 times worse, and turn even the most decent and pure Christian into a ghastly satanic atheist!!

Do YOU want to end up like this woman? Running the wrong way down the motorway at 4am, wrapped in raw badger meat, and flinging faeces at passing cars? No? Then put down the weed syringe and pick up a Bible!! Your body is a temple - and temples don't inject themselves with SIN!

- Margaret

Source

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I just came upon it on a repost on a group:

This lady was once a good Christian - a celibate woman who spent every day volunteering at the children's hospital, and never touched drugs or alcohol. Then one day she had a slight headache - and an ethnic man gave her some "medicinal" marijuanas.

Now, after injecting just one marijuana, she has descended into the murky depths of the satanic lifestyle. She sells her once-pure body to buy drugs, and has begun sacrificing local children to the devil - often bathing in the blood of her victims, as seen in the picture below. She has also begun listening to death metal bands like Goat Carcuss and The Jonas Brothers. And guess what... She still has that headache!!

The fact is that medicinal marijuanas are a complete myth! They have been clinically proven to make every health problem up to 50,000,000 times worse, and turn even the most decent and pure Christian into a ghastly satanic atheist!!

Do YOU want to end up like this woman? Running the wrong way down the motorway at 4am, wrapped in raw badger meat, and flinging faeces at passing cars? No? Then put down the weed syringe and pick up a Bible!! Your body is a temple - and temples don't inject themselves with SIN!

- Margaret

Source

Great!! Just when I figured theist lunatics couldn't sink any deeper into their fantasy world this one comes along. Now I may have to stop looking at the theist wacko world for more insanity, this one set the bar sky high!

Why is the concept of forgetting or not forgetting even associated with their God?

That's an easy one. Their supposedly all-knowing God had to invent rainbows to remind himself to not forget his promise to never flood the whole earth again. ;)

- Margaret

Source

Anything calling The Jonas Brothers death metal has to be a joke. ;)

In the link, there are some great comments under that.

- Margaret

Source

Please tell me this is satire!!

• Like 1

It has to be, I can't believe that it's not a poe. That level of ridiculousness can't be genuine...

Can it? Please say no.

• Like 1

Okay, a few things.

1. The Jonas Brothers aren't death metal. Although, it would be funny if they were. I wish Disney the best of luck keeping the whole "family-friendly" picture when they're dressed out like KISS.

2. You don't inject Marijuana.

That is all.

• Like 1

- Margaret

Source

Oh goodness. K.. if they had used Whitney Houston I could see it.. but Kim K?  wtf?  Has to be satire, but it would be funnier if they used a pic of her with her natural hair colour and the horrid blonde she is right now.

Oh goodness. K.. if they had used Whitney Houston I could see it.. but Kim K?  wtf?  Has to be satire, but it would be funnier if they used a pic of her with her natural hair colour and the horrid blonde she is right now.

Ach! Kim K. gone blonde? Why'd you have to ruin my day with that piece of horrid news?

hang-in-there-kitten-550x320.jpg

Christians hijacking the hang in there kitty poster concept. 

Ach! Kim K. gone blonde? Why'd you have to ruin my day with that piece of horrid news?

It's not a good look

Kim_Kardashian_Blonde_2_embed.jpg

It's not a good look

So . . . injecting medical marijuana given to you by an "ethnic man" (love that part!!!) turns your hair blond?

Unless that child is gay, then it is OK to treat them like shit. 

It also touches on one of the things that helped kill my faith.  It was obvious that god had his favorite people  and some got shit on time and time again in life.    We treat our dogs better than god treats "his people".

• Like 3

095e9c6dea23cbc1654e07113e06c350.jpg

This is the kind of shit that drove me off the deep end when I was still a Christian. I felt so guilty for feeling lonely and wanting a relationship with a real human..."Jesus" was never enough and I hated myself for it.

It's even more confusing when you're a straight guy, and you're told that Jesus can fulfill all of your needs. Uh, no. No he couldn't.

• Like 2

Church is home. Church is people. Church is friends. Church is family. You need them. They need you.

Except when the church is full of toxic people who do more harm than good to try and get people to convert to Christianity. Wait, that's most of them..

11150195_1051642971531610_50479742831510

One of these things is not like the others ...

Oh yeah. Jesus giving you an everlasting life is total Bull Hockey.

• Like 1

11150195_1051642971531610_50479742831510

And therein lies the reason anyone even gives a rat's ass about Christianity.  The whole "what can you give me?" angle.

• Like 1

10308909_10152641169746735_7271133282746

James Dobson, telling xian parents how to behave as morally as the rest of us for 40 years.

I don't want to post the direct quote so I will paraphrase.

When I started my diet I was reading a lot about nutritional labels and healthy foods, what I should and shouldn't eat. Then one day I was shocked to realize that I had been reading about dieting more than I had been reading my Bible lately! Christians will say we mustn't worship idols, but if you're spending more time worrying about your diet than God then it's like a form of idolatry. Remember these bodies are only temporary vessels for our immortal souls. Try to be healthy, but remember not to sacrifice your spiritual health for bodily health.