Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

At least annoying friends provide some entertainment. Until it's just annoying.

Case in point: theresponsechurch.com/i-kept-my-virginity-but-not-my-purity

This computer won't let me copy-paste, so you'll have to do that yourself. But it's worth reading.

It's just beyond words. So, judging from the photo, we are all beautiful white flowers--and not actual human beings. We must not be dirtied; we must please Jesus/husband. We must hold ourselves to impossible standards (but with gawd, all things are possible!) Gakk.

Sister Kimberly posted this glorious image:

jesusscrolllove.jpg

10426633_772125916165595_501742397900765

I have heard this stupid argument a thousand times, but I can never come up with a good enough answer. Does anyone know a great response to this, because I want that in my ruck when the time comes.

FarflungWanderer: Just that child-molesting hurts the children, obviously, and their families. That argument above is so invalid it's not worth debating.

10426633_772125916165595_501742397900765

I have heard this stupid argument a thousand times, but I can never come up with a good enough answer. Does anyone know a great response to this, because I want that in my ruck when the time comes.

Impressionable children are not consenting, they are manipulated by people they are supposed to be able to trust in a position of power over them. And yes, it does hurt them.

People are not born thieves and this person knows it. There is however scientific evidence that people are born with their sexual orientation, which these people are happy to ignore.

The rest is just complete bullshit.

• Like 1

At least annoying friends provide some entertainment. Until it's just annoying.

Case in point: theresponsechurch.com/i-kept-my-virginity-but-not-my-purity

This computer won't let me copy-paste, so you'll have to do that yourself. But it's worth reading.

It's just beyond words. So, judging from the photo, we are all beautiful white flowers--and not actual human beings. We must not be dirtied; we must please Jesus/husband. We must hold ourselves to impossible standards (but with gawd, all things are possible!) Gakk.

Wow!  That website blew me away! Utterly astounding...  and not in a good way!

• Like 1

post-22142-0-24779100-1432354838_thumb.jpg

Yes, it was so much better in the day when children were neither seen nor heard. When they didn't dare step out of line, for fear of beatings. When having fun and enjoying life were frowned upon. It made my aunt a fundie. Shouldn't we simply halt social progress so we can all be fundies?

• Like 1

10255202_778533595524827_349159445535983

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." — Sinclair Lewis

Christians: Because pretending to love Jesus, is much much easier than obeying His commands 

jesuscomingback.jpg

He must've gotten lost somewhere in another galaxy or sucked into a black hole.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifolddays.jpg

Yes, it was so much better in the day when children were neither seen nor heard. When they didn't dare step out of line, for fear of beatings. When having fun and enjoying life were frowned upon. It made my aunt a fundie. Shouldn't we simply halt social progress so we can all be fundies?

They didnt say, "I'll do it later", they did it now? hahahah...someone has a bad memory.

--------

Why, I remember back in the old days when we didnt piss away our lives on facebook by asking people to repost shit. 

• Like 1

I have few, if any, fundie friends, but some of the non-fundie religious friends I do have can come up with some doozies:

I do not believe there is any danger from predatory fish[1], especially since I have never heard of a fish that hunts humans. But never say never, I guess ... there may be undiscovered predators in the ocean whose behaviors we cannot predict. Even then, I still trust what the Bible says: Man has dominion over all Earth's creatures.

Perhaps we could drop him off in an African wildlife refuge so he can test his trust in the Buybull with the lions, or worse, the hippopotamuses. Actually, no; I love him too much to do that to him.

[1]In the context of this remark, there was indeed no danger. But I personally wouldn't generalize that.

my fundie friend just went full retard

"For me, the Bible is the "scientific truth" from the Almight God above (and this truth is something beyond human's cognitive reason). Even though the Creation account in the Bible cannot be proven by reason with evidences, it is the truth from God."

"If I had a kid, I would not send him or her to the public school - whether it is in Japan or in the North America, because the education in the public schools are based on the religion of secular humanism in which the human's cognitive reason play the role of the absolute value. I would send him or her to the Evangelical Christian private school so that he or she may learn the things on the basis of the Biblical Christian perspective. In my opinion, there is no neutuality when the science is separated from the Almighty Creator of the entire universe. Humanism is a religion in which human's reason plays the role of god and it is contrary to the teaching of God revealed in the Holy Bible."

I sent him this: 

elN8fqNm.jpg

1016452_697849216926599_812005616_n.jpg?

That sounds more New Age than Fundamentalist. ;)