Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

1526109_680746618636859_1772860490_n.jpg

Someone else learning “science” from an apologist or preacher, rather than from a science book?

1530481_677069429004578_1274434310_n.jpg

And preferably a book written by a scientist other than Michael Behe, who tried to build a case for unsolved mysteries based on mysteries that had already been solved.

Quotation-John-Cleese-problem-people-Mee

Monty Python and the Dunning-Kruger effect!

1503962_672065386171649_128172148_n.jpg?

Aside from not knowing from where people who are ignorant of science get their tallies of scientific categories, has this person not noticed that disease still exists?

11424435_991532200877953_830542917577588

Burgundy should not be misused like this!

Well, the newest explanation of why we still have trouble in the world, God was too busy helping Steph Curry win the NBA Championship. http://billygraham.org/story/stephen-curry-i-can-do-all-things-through-christ/

After a long facebook conversation I started about why people have faith, one of my fundy friends (who was an atheist when I knew him in the military) posted this:

"To be atheist you must be arrogant. 90% of all people that have ever existed have believed in some sort of "god." To be atheist (there is no god), you must say that you are smarter than 90% of all mankind throughout the existence of time."

Another Navy friend replied:

"Hahaha, I think you'd be disagreeing with 90% of people who ever lived if you were an athiest, not thinking you were smarter. Why do you assume that they think that way?"

So here was my reply:

With all due respect, I think your assumption is somewhat arrogant. By that logic, Copernicus and Galileo were arrogant for believing that the earth was not the center of the universe. Semmelweis and Pasteur were arrogant for believing that tiny, invisible germs could make you sick. Your statement reminded me of a Tommy Lee Jones quote from Men In Black, " A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow."
  • Like 3

Responses from a friends FB post asking for prayers for the families of those killed in the Charleston church shooting:

"I have to agree with Jeff. This world is not safe. Churches may have to look at tightening security and even hiring armed guards. It's a sad reality of this messed up world."

"No the sad reality is that we need to get closer to God and start praying more and actually mean it! This was no surprise to God, He knew this was going to happen and He'll use this as a way to bless someone from, prayerfully a lot of people. Those people who died are in heaven dancing with Jesus right now, they are where they worked to get to. Now it's us that have to see this as part of His plan and make sure we have our heaven plan in order. But I think the last thing that God wants is for us to turn His house into a war zone."

"Good Christians aren't turning the church into a war zone my unknown friend. But the Devil is trying his best. I know it is a distasteful thought (self-defense in church, school etc.) "

Another post had a huge argument over Fox News.  One person thinks their reporting this as part of the war on christians is fear mongering and opportunistic, since it was obviously racially motivated.  The other thinks that they are only trying to prevent another Ferguson like riot, so it is the responsible thing to blame religious persecution instead.

Responses from a friends FB post asking for prayers for the families of those killed in the Charleston church shooting:

"I have to agree with Jeff. This world is not safe. Churches may have to look at tightening security and even hiring armed guards. It's a sad reality of this messed up world."

"No the sad reality is that we need to get closer to God and start praying more and actually mean it! This was no surprise to God, He knew this was going to happen and He'll use this as a way to bless someone from, prayerfully a lot of people. Those people who died are in heaven dancing with Jesus right now, they are where they worked to get to. Now it's us that have to see this as part of His plan and make sure we have our heaven plan in order. But I think the last thing that God wants is for us to turn His house into a war zone."

"Good Christians aren't turning the church into a war zone my unknown friend. But the Devil is trying his best. I know it is a distasteful thought (self-defense in church, school etc.) "

Another post had a huge argument over Fox News.  One person thinks their reporting this as part of the war on christians is fear mongering and opportunistic, since it was obviously racially motivated.  The other thinks that they are only trying to prevent another Ferguson like riot, so it is the responsible thing to blame religious persecution instead.

How about ban all guns.

It's so sad that the US has got itself in this dreadful position, with such a high human cost.

"I can't brag about my love for God because I fail him daily.

But I can brag about his love for me because it never fails."

(Today's idiotic meme on FB)

"I can't brag about my love for God because I fail him daily.

But I can brag about his love for me because it never fails."

(Today's idiotic meme on FB)

Heh. I wonder how it shows that it "never fails". I bet it's a mysterious thing.

“A society with a greedy generation, that doesn’t want to surround itself with children, that considers them above all worrisome, a weight, a risk, is a depressed society.” - Pope Francis 

said the man with a celibate culture in his organization

oh irony V57dlL2t.jpg

• Like 1

^^^ That's a fundy post that nonfundies and even the irreligious can agree with. Quite a rarity!

11205050_489460277872307_236612086036874

I agree, read your Buybull. You will then be unable to avoid making an informed choice: either follow the Buybull or treat women like human beings.

• Like 1