Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

I'm getting mad now. Act like a man and a woman go out on the town, have fun, eat , drink, enjoy each other and the hell with religion in the bedroom or relationship.

Damn stupid shit right there.

Not sure if I'm done yet

Mysoginistic bullshit. She don't need to be "led" anywhere.

• Like 6

I hate the assumption that if a man/boy is interested in sex, he must be a pervert. And Christians complain about disrespect/hate for men in our materialistic, god-scorning, feminist, modern culture.

• Like 1

You may be right, but if christianity never existed, than islam would not have existed.  Let's keep playing this game, it's fun.

post-21261-0-99102200-1442193622_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

lol

"Please lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you."

Please don't.

L4raLpt.jpg

jYPlNW9h.jpg

Wow this thread gets really weird sometimes. Like on this page so far. 

The seven jesuses... what?

I hate the assumption that if a man/boy is interested in sex, he must be a pervert. And Christians complain about disrespect/hate for men in our materialistic, god-scorning, feminist, modern culture

Agreed.

I feel for young men in the church, so hard. That constant guilt and judgement pushed on them.

• Like 1

From a fundy:

11150974_10154230010863986_1021305207414

This one is just weird. I mean it's all kinds of bullshit and I don't get the point they're trying to make, other than "Christianity doesn't know what it is anymore."

I feel for young men in the church, so hard.

That can be taken a couple different ways. ;)

I feel for young men in the church, so hard.

That can be taken a couple different ways. wink.png

Ha indeed it can..... *whistles innocently*

I had to block my own cousin (I didn't unfriend her) but I could not stand for one more minute her posts..... Sad really....

12011345_10153157757847194_4950038538475950181_n.jpg

I had to block my own cousin (I didn't unfriend her) but I could not stand for one more minute her posts..... Sad really....

I love how atheism "doesn't make sense" but god creating the earth in 7 days is supposed to be more believable, somehow. Christian logic.

FylMKT5.jpg

FylMKT5.jpg

I am just totally baffled at what sort of reality fundies live in.

FylMKT5.jpg

I am just totally baffled at what sort of reality fundies live in.

Yeah, as if schools cramming Islam down children's throats is a problem in the USA. What kind of idiot would actually post this crap?

Hadn't seen this in a while, one of the kids in my family posted it.

MRQKKoa.jpg

It was especially fun to inform him that I'm not a believer. I replied "I've been an Atheist since before you were born. Is this really how you see me?"

The kid is a huge science wonk, and I'm the cool Uncle who is into science, pop culture, and video games. I'm the one who knows what he's talking about when he's discussing electromagnetism, dinosaurs, space, and sci-fi. I give cool [age appropriate] books and science stuff as gifts and I'm the most laid back adult in my family.

I'm enjoying the awkwardness and floundering this has produced from my nephew and the cousins his age in my family. It's never really come up before and I've confused them by not fitting into the stereotype their churches have taught them I should be. [They're all Christians, but not all the same sort.] Something doesn't compute and they're not processing it.

• Like 5

On an unrelated note, this showed up on my FB page today...

uEOZyxW.jpg

I giggled over this and posted "LoL" and everyone seems confused on what's funny about something that's "truth". They seriously don't see it.

On an unrelated note, this showed up on my FB page today...

uEOZyxW.jpg

I giggled over this and posted "LoL" and everyone seems confused on what's funny about something that's "truth". They seriously don't see it.

Speaking from experience, I definitely do find relief on the throne!

i have seen this one so many times. it's a stupid hypocritical picture. it's like saying "you must be crazy for not believing in god who's watching over us, even though he hasn't shown himself or done anything to prove his existence!"

8jh6niI.jpg

4EGN7Sc.jpg

What if it had been a picture of Che Guavara or Darth Vader? Would this be less inspiring if it was the Dos Equis guy?

Don't understand the value of stuff like this as belief fuel. Never have, not even when I believed.

• Like 1

4EGN7Sc.jpg

What if it had been a picture of Che Guavara or Darth Vader? Would this be less inspiring if it was the Dos Equis guy?

Don't understand the value of stuff like this as belief fuel. Never have, not even when I believed.

That story is taken from an old CCM music video. I forget what song it was, but I saw the video many years ago. In the video the girl wasn't asking what the US looked like, but rather was trying to get her dad to spend some time with her. He was preoccupied with his business and quickly tore up the magazine page of the US for her to have a puzzle to do to keep her from bothering him. At the end of the song, she told her father about how she used the picture of Jesus on the back to put the country back together.

It's obviously not a true story, but how many Christians posting this stuff on Facebook give a rat's ass about whether or not the stories are true?