Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Few. It's all about me me me how does it make me feel. Which is just fine except that they pretend that it's all about right and wrong and what God wants.

If they'd drop that part then they could do the me me me and also let others be about them them them and all get along nicely.

• Like 2

This gem has turned up in my FB feed twice since the beginning of August. I mean, what would life be like if the "War on CHRISTmas" didn't start six months before the holiday?

10750014_929091863769294_441568386065570

The comments were even better. "You'd better not wish me Happy Holidays! I'll punch your lights out!" and "if Jesus isn't the reason for your season then MOVE out of America!" and "no one cares if they offend Christians anymore. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!" 

• Like 1

Fx3jpBX.jpg

Doesn't seem to realize just how horrifying this is from the pumpkin's perspective.

• Like 1

Fx3jpBX.jpg

But making Jack-o-lanterns is one of those evil Halloween rituals!

That pumpkin image is so creepy. God "cuts the top off" (wtf is that a metaphor of?) and then what, removes my brain, eh? And that carving of a smile on me so it's permanently on my face no matter how I feel inside. Reminds me of a certain lunatic from a certain movie with Batmobile in it.

• Like 2

gxwuZAs.jpg

i saw this on my fb today and it made me laugh. i was like "omg i do not feel the love of god when i see this...this is just brutal."

i saw this on my fb today and it made me laugh. i was like "omg i do not feel the love of god when i see this...this is just brutal."

attachicon.gif12042936_1219760304716782_5216771189218363218_n.jpg

There's a reply meme for that...

498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.png

• Like 1

12042936_1219760304716782_5216771189218363218_n.jpg

I saw that too! My first thought was ugh, no! If any parent beat their child to the point of blood splattering everywhere, we'd call it heinous abuse. God does it, and it's love. What?

• Like 1

attachicon.gif12042936_1219760304716782_5216771189218363218_n.jpg

Jesus, say your safe word!

• Like 2

that Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays thing...I saw that on FB last week and unfollowed immediately, not because it's too stupid for words (which it is) but because I DON'T DO XMAS THIS FREAKING EARLY dammit.

If I will stay away from Costco once they put up their effing xmas displays (in August this year. AUGUST!!!! mad.gif  ) because it's too damn early, then you better believe if you are posting this BULLSHIT on FB this early, I will NOT be reading ANYTHING from you. I boycott early xmas shit. Period. Maybe, after Halloween and I need to, I might go into a shop that has Xmas shit up too early (and right after Halloween is also too early IMO ... yes, I am a real Scrooge about this. Not about Xmas, but about running over EVERY OTHER COMMUNITY/SOCIAL EVENT IN THE EFFING NATION with it...) ... whew...where was I.

Yeah, let's quit doing Xmas stuff too freaking early. I've always been this way, from childhood. There's an awful lot of good stuff out there in the Fall, but it gets ruined by Xmas EVERYWHERE. Wish they'd quit.

• Like 4

12039307_156987584643571_883477261053990

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, the church building, and the pastors' salaries.

12039307_156987584643571_883477261053990

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, the church building, and the pastors' salaries.

Jesus creates you....and then saves you....from Himself......... shessh

omgggg my dad posted this one

^^^ Well, there is some truth to it. It would be impossible to calculate how much money "Jesus" has cost people through the ages, but it's a hell of a lot more than $1,156,341!

• Like 2

An Italian from northern Europe is priceless? I guess so.

• Like 2

An Italian from northern Europe is priceless? I guess so.

i know right? at first i was like...who is that? oh...it's jesus lol. didnt know his eyes were green. what verse does it say that? xD

Has anyone heard of Lightstock - they claim to be 'cheesy-free' Christian stock photos but they are some of the cheesiest photos I've ever seen. 

This unintentionally homoerotic one made me lol: https://www.lightstock.com/photos/three-men-holding-hands-praying-in-a-locker-room

I saw this post on my relative's FaceBook page as they were recovering from a severe health scare:

"The Lord heard our prayers!"

Really?  Do these people believe in a deity who has bad hearing?  Or who chooses not to intervene unless a certain number of people pray?

(I know I'm preachin' to the choir... thanks for letting me rant.)

Citsonga...the thing about Mr. Gruff is a joke...right?...I could be wrong

The "I'm a Christian, you can kill me but you won't change my mind!" thing. It's easy to feel badass when you aren't actually being tortured and killed. Ha.

Citsonga...the thing about Mr. Gruff is a joke...right?...I could be wrong

The "I'm a Christian, you can kill me but you won't change my mind!" thing. It's easy to feel badass when you aren't actually being tortured and killed. Ha.

I'm a bit confused by this, but it appears that you may have mixed me up with ContraBardus and be referring to two different posts:

Hadn't seen this in a while, one of the kids in my family posted it.

MRQKKoa.jpg

It was especially fun to inform him that I'm not a believer. I replied "I've been an Atheist since before you were born. Is this really how you see me?"

The kid is a huge science wonk, and I'm the cool Uncle who is into science, pop culture, and video games. I'm the one who knows what he's talking about when he's discussing electromagnetism, dinosaurs, space, and sci-fi. I give cool [age appropriate] books and science stuff as gifts and I'm the most laid back adult in my family.

I'm enjoying the awkwardness and floundering this has produced from my nephew and the cousins his age in my family. It's never really come up before and I've confused them by not fitting into the stereotype their churches have taught them I should be. [They're all Christians, but not all the same sort.] Something doesn't compute and they're not processing it.

8jh6niI.jpg

Are those what you were referring to?

Yes, but I know they are two different posts. I can see how it looked as if I confused them, though.

Yes, but I know they are two different posts. I can see how it looked as if I confused them, though.

I didn't say you confused the two posts. I said you confused me with ContraBardus. I did not post those. ;)