Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

C'mon, ContraBardus, why you gotta be so negative? You just gotta have faith!

J/K ;)

Got sent this today on FB from family, several other religious family members and some of her Church friends I don't know 'liked' it. Archeologists Discover Remains of Egyptian Army From the Biblical Exodus in Red Sea.

They're discovering those sunken chariots almost as often as they're finding Noah's ark.

• Like 1

um...which god? i like how everyone who shares this post assumes it's referencing the Christian God, but it doesn't specify.

that's what she said >>>

even as a Christian I always thought this phrase sounded so dirty. xD lol

this pic really bothers me. like, why do people jump the gun and say "oh if you feel peace it's from Jesus!" What if I experience peace elsewhere? I'm not trying to bash on christians but it bothers me when they can't rly think outside their box, and realize that people experience peace from their belief in different deities, or no deities at all.

i just realized i shared 2 of those pics twice. my mistake

attachicon.gif11222944_535834099908307_6916963829229494074_n.jpg

um...which god? i like how everyone who shares this post assumes it's referencing the Christian God, but it doesn't specify.

Of course it's the Christian god, as surely as the grammar is impeccable.

THANK YOU... ...THANK YOU... ...THANK YOU LORD! Who ever said that prayers don't work has never trust or believed in the Power of "PRAYER". To all the "PRAYER WARRIERS" who stood in the Gap for the young Virgin Islander that was very sick. Well, I am happy to report that God with His Grace and Mercy granted the miracle we seek. The surgery was indeed successful and the child is now breathing on his own. The Doctors are very hopeful that he would be fine, but before all that God had already spoken... ...God said "He Is Healed, In The Wonderful Name Of Jesus" when He answered all our PRAYERS on this child behalf.

THANK You, Thank You, Thank You for all your prayers. Please keep the prayers coming, however. Let us cover this child every day of his life. As such, I pray Father God that "No Weapon" forms against this child shall ever have a hold on him, for he will be forever washed in the beautiful blood of the Lamb. He is forever covered by your promise as a child of God. He will know you, serve you, and he will live a life pleasing to your word because he belongs to you now and always. May the Blessings of God continue to shine on him and his family always... ...Amen!

I wonder how God would have answered their prayers if there were no surgeon. (And I found that “washed in the blood of the lamb” imagery morbidly disturbing even before I deconverted.)

• Like 1

THANK YOU... ...THANK YOU... ...THANK YOU LORD! Who ever said that prayers don't work has never trust or believed in the Power of "PRAYER". To all the "PRAYER WARRIERS" who stood in the Gap for the young Virgin Islander that was very sick. Well, I am happy to report that God with His Grace and Mercy granted the miracle we seek. The surgery was indeed successful and the child is now breathing on his own. The Doctors are very hopeful that he would be fine, but before all that God had already spoken... ...God said "He Is Healed, In The Wonderful Name Of Jesus" when He answered all our PRAYERS on this child behalf.

THANK You, Thank You, Thank You for all your prayers. Please keep the prayers coming, however. Let us cover this child every day of his life. As such, I pray Father God that "No Weapon" forms against this child shall ever have a hold on him, for he will be forever washed in the beautiful blood of the Lamb. He is forever covered by your promise as a child of God. He will know you, serve you, and he will live a life pleasing to your word because he belongs to you now and always. May the Blessings of God continue to shine on him and his family always... ...Amen!

I wonder how God would have answered their prayers if there were no surgeon. (And I found that “washed in the blood of the lamb” imagery morbidly disturbing even before I deconverted.)

Argh, yeah, I'm so sick of people giving all credit to God instead of the doctors and surgeons with years of studies, training and experience. I'm going to have a surgery myself and if I hear a single person say that it goes well because God, I will be blunt and say, "no, it's likely to go well because he's a great surgeon who's done this same surgery many times!!"

I also wonder how they'll interpret it if the poor kid gets a complication.

"A father takes his son into the forest, blindfolds him, an leaves him alone. He is required to sit on a stump he whole night and not remove the blindfold until the rays of the morning sun shine through it. He cannot cry out for help to anyone. Once he survives the night he is a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of his experience, because each lad must come into manhood on his own. The boy is naturally terrified. He can hear all kinds of noises. Wild beasts must surely be all around him. Maybe even some human might do him harm. The wind blew the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could become a man! Finally after a horrific night the sun appeared and he removed his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his father sitting on the stump next to him. He had been at watch the entire night protecting his son from harm. We, too, are never alone. Even when we don't know it, God is watching over us, sitting on the stump beside us. When trouble comes, all we have to do is reach out to Him. If you liked this story, pass it on. If not, you took off your blindfold before dawn. Moral of the story: just because you can't see god doesn't mean he's not there for we walk by faith, not by sight."

Because someone else playing mind games with you in order to make sure you adhere to the cultural expectation of gender roles is a totally acceptable expression of love, not brainwashing or anything,Nooooo. But if you don't like this anecdote you have failed at becoming an adult male organism (which is clearly the ideal state of being) because you have not metaphorically adhered to this cultural expectation of blind obedience to a manipulative being. 

• Like 1

12193555_10207765708730534_8248591323995

oh wow this is a good one Alien