Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

vLqRI1pl.jpg

It must be great to think you are the star of an epic movie that is imperceptibly raging all around you.

• Like 1

deleted

12301585_699804120120544_624550581328220

Hmmmm..... Something tells me that this was originally a joke that went over some fundy's head.... ;)

12301585_699804120120544_624550581328220

Hmmmm..... Something tells me that this was originally a joke that went over some fundy's head.... ;)

I certainly hope so!

12341116_1047392318633067_75838595638820

Projection. Pure Christian projection. (Also, a total misapprehension of why ex-Christian atheists are atheists in the first place.)

• 2 weeks later...

#ActingLikeImCoolForJesus

#AttentionWhore

vLqRI1pl.jpg

It must be great to think you are the star of an epic movie that is imperceptibly raging all around you.

"Rodney, oblivious to the epic secret battle for his immortal soul, wonders if he spent to much in Walmart on his trainers"

gallery_4500_283_81753.jpg

Image description: an illustration of ten gas giant exoplanets with the caption “Hubble Peers Inside Exoplanets’ Atmospheres – Sky & Telescope
“Astronomers using Hubble and Spitzer to study hot Jupiter exoplanets revealed when and how clouds form on these alien worlds.”
First comment: So colorful!
Second comment: I noticed that also, Isn't it Wonderful; What God Created, the images and beautiful Colors...A True ARTIST

Does the second commenter realize that the image is only an artist’s impression, and that said artist is not a god?

Also note a Christian trademark: the random capitalization.

531487_448626948515495_873936516_n.jpg?o

Lol if you close your nose and mouth for several hours, you won't be able to breathe and you'll just DIE lmao

12376611_703839213050368_899222312946216

The funny thing about this is, if you look at the liquid in the glass you can see that it's not level and that the measuring cup is actually being tilted slightly so that the milk reaches the 2/3 cup line.

12376442_703036446463978_113551327705029

Spoken like someone who has never experienced cancer.

• Like 2

12376442_703036446463978_113551327705029

That is one of the worst things I have seen in this thread. Most of them make me just facepalm, but this is something else.

"See what a beautiful person he has made"? That should be "see what a beautiful person he has made suffer unimaginable pain, whose children he orphaned, whose spouse he widowed, (and whatever else might be applicable).". 

Friend request. Plane ticket home.

I just....

Wendybanghead.gif

• Like 1

Brand new member here posting for the first time! This thread has grown so huge that it's possible (probable?) that I'm duplicating a previous post. (Sorry, didn't have time to look at all 298 pages. smile.png)

Two kinds of annoying religious posts come to mind. First, after some type of tragedy (e.g. natural disaster, mass shooting, cancer killing a good person far too young), inevitably people will post that they're "praying for the families of the victim(s)" as they grieve. I know this is out of genuine care and concern, but lately the cynical side of me has been thinking, "Why? If God actually gave a damn about these families, here's an idea... how about stopping this horrendous tragedy from happening in the first place?!" I suppose that could be an entirely separate rant.

A totally different type of annoying post is the transparently manipulative equivalent of chain mail, like this:

XaA0_460.jpg

And this one ticks me off worse than the usual "repost if you agree" memes, because it implies that if you just ignore the post, you're not only ambivalent toward Jesus, you actually love Satan. That's right... either propagate stupidity on Facebook, or automatically proclaim your devotion to the Lord of Darkness. (To be fair, a lot of my fundamentalist friends actually see this for what it is and despise it, too.)

Oops, I almost missed this one, because I kept scrolling past it.

XaA0_460.jpg

“GodOfficialPage”? How much hubris does one have to have to presume that one is the official spokesperson for the creator of the universe? Oh, wait...