Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

^^^ What a crock. Kids can take Bibles to school. I did it all the time, and I read it during study hall whenever I didn't have homework to do.

• Super Moderator

^^^Also, they didn't take the bible out of the churches, but look at all the preachers in prison for all kinds of crimes -- tax evasion, molestation, pedophilia, rape, murder, and more.

Saw a fundy friend of mine post this today.

"Did you know that when you feel like you're falling when you sleep, the angels were carrying you to Heaven but they got clumsy and dropped you? God is so good<3". Excuse me while I go run into a wall.

• Like 1

12376442_703036446463978_113551327705029

What the actual fuck? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

I feel bad for everyone with fundamentalist friends, I've only got one, and he's not too bad. He keeps it to himself most of the time, and what he posts is innocuous, mostly reminders for church stuff he's doing. Can't blame him for that. I post reminders about shit all the time. Unfortunately I'm friends with a shit ton of mormons, but luckily all it takes to bother them is mention you had a beer or love coffee, and boom! You've done your daily deed. It's easy for me. They post things like "praise god," and all I got to do is post, "aw man I just had the BEST beer ever, hey <name> you should come next time!" And just like that I've done my daily dose of non-beliefitarian evangelism. I gots it easy.

My sister posted this.

She obviously doesn't know her bible very well.

64470_10153924936139916_7387771229454125

Has anyone heard of Lightstock - they claim to be 'cheesy-free' Christian stock photos but they are some of the cheesiest photos I've ever seen. 

This unintentionally homoerotic one made me lol: https://www.lightstock.com/photos/three-men-holding-hands-praying-in-a-locker-room

Hilarious!

This is being taught in churches today.

12509861_1061075943944954_81160838965533

Oh, fuck that! May I never, ever see the day when I blame a woman because I'm not man enough to control myself.

• Like 3

I don't have FB, but I stumbled across one hilarious claim at another forum today which went like this: the reason the NT was written in Koine Greek was because God (working in his mysterious ways) allowed (or somehow influenced) Alexander the Great to establish an Empire and thus ensuring Hellenic influence in the Levant. But why did God want that to happen? Well duh! So that Early Christianity could spread more easily in a greek-dominated world of course!

EDIT: And apparently, also because Koine was "easy", and as we all know, God is a huge fan of keeping his message simple and clear.

12376611_703839213050368_899222312946216

Holy shit... I can barely breathe... and I'm crying!

Oh, fuck that! May I never, ever see the day when I blame a woman because I'm not man enough to control myself.

Ditto!  Nobody has the right to "touch" someone without consent, regardless of what the person is or is not wearing.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Exactly why burqas and other islamic coverups are required in certain areas of the world and in certain segments of the population.  

Silly me, thinking that christian men -- because jeeezus -- are better than their muslim counterparts.      WendyDoh.gif

Saw a lot of this when I was in church. Once I read a Christian magazine for preteen girls that said if "we don't cover up around guys, it's like waving a chocolate bar around you when you're hungry." Yes. Exactly the same. I forgot that I, as a girl, am just a chocolate bar.
  • Like 3

This is being taught in churches today.12509861_1061075943944954_81160838965533

Saw a lot of this when I was in church. Once I read a Christian magazine for preteen girls that said if "we don't cover up around guys, it's like waving a chocolate bar around you when you're hungry." Yes. Exactly the same. I forgot that I, as a girl, am just a chocolate bar.
To be fair, that IS how teenage boys think, and sadly quite a few adult men as well. Hopefully, most men learn to think with their brains and not their dicks. Most of the time...

Edit: that of course, doesn't mean men should not be able to control their urges.

I do think modern society is way too sexualized so in truth I wouldn't mind if both sexes tried to be a bit more modest. That does not mean we should become prudes though, or take heed to some religious creed that in effect is nothing else but misogynistic slut-shaming.

To be fair, that IS how teenage boys think, and sadly quite a few adult men as well. Hopefully, most men learn to think with their brains and not their dicks. Most of the time...

Edit: that of course, doesn't mean men should not be able to control their urges.

I do think modern society is way too sexualized so in truth I wouldn't mind if both sexes tried to be a bit more modest. That does not mean we should become prudes though, or take heed to some religious creed that in effect is nothing else but misogynistic slut-shaming.

Religion claims to be in the business of morality instruction. Excusing bad behavior and foisting responsibility for one's actions onto others, while condemning consensual sex, is a funny way of showing that.

• Like 2

To be fair, that IS how teenage boys think

To be fair, that's how SOME teenage boys think. Probably most, do doubt, but there are others who do know better than to assume they have the right to touch anything not covered up.

To be fair, that's how SOME teenage boys think. Probably most, do doubt, but there are others who do know better than to assume they have the right to touch anything not covered up.

Said nothing about touching, nor was I defending anything like that. I only pointed out that this mentality common among adolescent boys.

Said nothing about touching, nor was I defending anything like that. I only pointed out that this mentality common among adolescent boys.

Touching is what was said in the image that was being responded to. Regardless, I was simply pointing out that not all teenage boys see girls as pieces of meat.

Citsonga, point taken.

Now for something completely different:

• Like 2

^that is fubar