Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

80-90% of my fundie posts from Facebook have to deal with somehow putting god back in schools. I have to fight myself not to say "your imaginary friend has no benefit to the students in school."

Fweethawt, where the hell do you find this stuff?

YtWVKpU.jpg

But some of them Senators say that women can't get pregnant from rape. hmmm.

80-90% of my fundie posts from Facebook have to deal with somehow putting god back in schools. I have to fight myself not to say "your imaginary friend has no benefit to the students in school."

"Putting God back in schools"

I hate that phrase.  What they mean is requiring teachings to lead children in prayer.

"Putting God back in schools"

I hate that phrase.  What they mean is requiring teachings to lead children in prayer.

Plus the sheer idiocy of the phrase. How could mere mortals force an omnipotent and omnipresent being out of anywhere?

Regardless, there's no prohibition against children taking Bibles to school, or praying and talking about their faith in school, as long as it's not done in a disruptive way. I did exactly that when I was in public high school in the late 80s and early 90s, and I never got any shit for it. There's still no law against that.

What they really want is a theocracy where teachers push Christianity onto their students, but what if the teacher happens to be Hindu or Muslim or anything else other than mainstream Christianity? They'd throw a fit if the teacher was trying to push those personal beliefs off onto their children.

• Like 1

Whenever I heard the phrase "putting gawd back into schools" or "America has turned its back on gawd," I always pictured gawd sitting up in heaven crying and feeling butthurt because no one likes him. Even when I was Christian. I should have listened to my gut sooner about him being an egotistical victim.

13001042_562014747301523_560816663396743

I blame the schools.

And the government.

And religion.

And wilful ignorance.

7c33759380b4dc269f38b33f3117cc72.jpg

dear-lord-help-me-see-myself-way-you-do-

Umm...sinful piece of junk destined for eternal torment, unless covered in blood of the lamb? How helpful!

• Like 2

motivational-inspirational-christian-art

Ok, now that I found one that makes me really wonder if it's actually satire, I'm done looking around the weird Christian corners of the WWW. 

Guest Furball

dear-lord-help-me-see-myself-way-you-do-

Umm...sinful piece of junk destined for eternal torment, unless covered in blood of the lamb? How helpful!

I loved your critique remark. Another one that I find to be stupid is where they say "God loves you just the way you are!" I'm thinking, then why are you telling me I am going to hell for being the way I am? 

• Like 1

Guest Furball

motivational-inspirational-christian-art

Ok, now that I found one that makes me really wonder if it's actually satire, I'm done looking around the weird Christian corners of the WWW. 

This^^^^may be the dumbest christian meme I have seen yet. Yuck!

I hate self-esteem Christianity.