Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

It's funny when Christians think the bible is this great saga. Usually LOTR fans. One fundie LOTR-fan friend posted some hysterical meme that went "The Bible is the only book that brings down NATIONS!!1! Can Harry Potter do that?! DIDN'T THINK SO." Ummm... no one said it does...

Youth pastor a few years ago: "I don't get why people think the bible is boring. I mean, god killed 72 people for touching the ark of the covenant. You would think the 72nd guy would have figured it out. It's hilarious." Yes, and torture and wars are epic, except when they're real. So since you think it's awesome that a ton of people died in nasty ways in a book that you believe is sacred and completely true, you're starting to frighten me.

• Like 1

zlczl.jpg

Wow. Just wow. 

Guest Furball

So since you think it's awesome that a ton of people died in nasty ways in a book that you believe is sacred and completely true, you're starting to frighten me.

Christianity minimizes human suffering and death. It desensitizes them to empathy and genuine concern for their fellow man. The most unsympathetic people I have ever met in my life were christians. Missionaries wouldn't even go feed the poor in other countries unless it involves shoving their pro death cult in their face as well. If 1,000 unbelievers died today in some horrific way, the believers would say "see, you got what you deserved!" That's the insanity of christian thinking. If something bad happens to them, it's god testing their faith, or there is some lesson to be learned, or they are being persecuted. If something bad happens to an unbeliever, it's god's judgement and it is just and right that they suffer whatever happens to them. It's sad that humans so believe in this fictional nonsense that they think non christian suffering and death is deserved. Insane. 

• Like 1

13043574_565060860330245_693128893202663

Good one, Donette. Now get back to your Judge Judy marathon.

I started an instagram called cheesy_christian_graphics. Similar stuff to what's in this thread if you want to check it out. biggrin.png

I googled for it but couldn't find it. Care to share link? smile.png

I think this is it: http://iconosquare.com/cheesy_christian_graphics

The football-playing Jesus, the crossing-guard Jesus, and the happy Christian couple are my favorites.

Yes, that's it! Some of them I think may have been found here.

Have you ever noticed that God is dog spelled backwards.

God is the opposite of dog.

Cat is the opposite of dog.

God is a cat.

Just a thought.

• Like 3

God is a cat.

Just a thought.

Good thinking. I'm sure cats appreciate this, too.

Also in "revelation" there is "lever" backwards. What is the meaning of that?

God is a cat.

Just a thought.

Yeah, and "devil" spelled backwards is "lived," so everything that has lived is the opposite of the devil. Thus, we're all gods!

12472619_563162703853394_622882508726626

Oh no! They're on to us!

I bet they feel real smart and insightful when they come up with bullshit like this, smiling smugly to themselves. "Take that godless heathens!". The conflation of atheist with evolutionist is getting quite tiresome by the way. AFAIK, many denominations endorse evolution, the biggest of all of them, Roman Catholicism for one. Then again, the RCC is a satanic cult according to the evangelists.

This gave the linguist in me cancer. People looking for anagrams, palindromes and so on everywhere totally miss the simple fact that 1) coincidences happen 2) Many words they get hooked up on have a completely different source and etymology. "Evolution" is a latin word and has no connection at all to the english word "love".

The arabic term for God, "Allah", sounds very much like the germanic/scandinavian word "All(a)" (all, everyone), does that mean everyone is "Allah"? Aha! It's covered up pantheistic polytheism!

Comparisons across language families (or between distantly related languages like modern English and Classical Latin) are full of shit. Human phonology and phonotactics only allow for so many sounds and combinations, wierd coincidences are bound to happen. "Hello!" probably means "I'm going to sodomize your sister next week" in some obscure tribal language in Papau New Guinea.

• Super Moderator

God is a cat.

Just a thought.

Yeah, and "devil" spelled backwards is "lived," so everything that has lived is the opposite of the devil. Thus, we're all gods!

And right in the middle of the word "believe" is a big ol' LIE.

..And Cats think they are God.

I don't have FB, but I stumbled across one hilarious claim at another forum today which went like this: the reason the NT was written in Koine Greek was because God (working in his mysterious ways) allowed (or somehow influenced) Alexander the Great to establish an Empire and thus ensuring Hellenic influence in the Levant. But why did God want that to happen? Well duh! So that Early Christianity could spread more easily in a greek-dominated world of course!

EDIT: And apparently, also because Koine was "easy", and as we all know, God is a huge fan of keeping his message simple and clear.

Koine Greek may be easy Greek, but it was still a bitch taking Greek in Bible college.

AFAIK, Koine is not really easier than many other Hellenic dialects/languages (the difference is kinda fleeting) of old, it was just somewhat standardized, which was a natural consequence of it being widespread as a lingua franca.

AFAIK, Koine is not really easier than many other Hellenic dialects/languages (the difference is kinda fleeting) of old, it was just somewhat standardized, which was a natural consequence of it being widespread as a lingua franca.

I know. It was the Greek that the common people spoke/wrote. It was still hard as hell.

This kind of crap makes me so mad. Especially the last line:

IMG_1969.jpg

And what exactly is he doing when he's silent? Ridiculous.