Jump to content

Things Fundies Say On Facebook


Recommended Posts

As a matter of fact, that logic is the biggest reason I was able to drop the faith.  I had come to accept evolution and had a big question about all the human souls (erectus, neanderthal, cro magnon, etc) going to hell for 200 millennia, and the teeny tiny nation of Israel that got to have the revelation of God instead of the whole world equally.  Nobody could give me a satisfactory answer.  Because there isn't one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.



  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"We Can't Have Homosexuals Redefine the Word Marriage!" This from the people who have redefined the word "Relationship" to mean 'Talking to yourself."

If you feel the need to say "I am not ashamed" of your faith you probably are ashamed or sense that you should be.

In honor of all our facebook fundy friends.    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MOHO said:

 

There you go again, Star!

Attempting to apply logic and reason to xianity. :yelrotflmao:

 

A wasted effort, I suppose? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MamaCaz said:

As a matter of fact, that logic is the biggest reason I was able to drop the faith.  I had come to accept evolution and had a big question about all the human souls (erectus, neanderthal, cro magnon, etc) going to hell for 200 millennia, and the teeny tiny nation of Israel that got to have the revelation of God instead of the whole world equally.  Nobody could give me a satisfactory answer.  Because there isn't one. 

 

It was always unsettling to me that millions would be destined for hell simply because they lived in a time and place that was out of reach of both Judaism and Christianity. I love learning about ancient peoples, but I always had this sinking feeling in my stomach because I knew they had no hope of salvation. I visited Stonehenge two years ago, and they had reconstructed the face of a man who lived near the site, based on his remains. I remember staring at him and wondering where he was now. Was he really in hell? It was such an awful feeling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stargazer95 said:

 

It was always unsettling to me that millions would be destined for hell simply because they lived in a time and place that was out of reach of both Judaism and Christianity. I love learning about ancient peoples, but I always had this sinking feeling in my stomach because I knew they had no hope of salvation. I visited Stonehenge two years ago, and they had reconstructed the face of a man who lived near the site, based on his remains. I remember staring at him and wondering where he was now. Was he really in hell? It was such an awful feeling. 

 

I do that too!  I've always thought the same way about ancient peoples...those poor unfortunate souls.  Wait, didn't god love the whole world like in John 3:16?  Yeah, not so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stargazer95 said:

 

I visited Stonehenge two years ago, and they had reconstructed the face of a man who lived near the site, based on his remains. I remember staring at him and wondering where he was now. Was he really in hell? It was such an awful feeling. 

This is one of the main things that I have a really hard time keeping my mouth shut with. The other day a family member was talking about the funeral of an elderly person. She had herself taken care of this person as she was dying of cancer, and she died an "unbeliever." Strangely, she was fixated on the comments of other people during the funeral and didn't express a shred of feeling that the lady was now in hell. I wish I had had the guts to ask her how she felt about a god who wouldn't "grant" this lady repentance in her final days, as that's how it works in this church (and yes, strangely they believe in free will, as well).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Strangely, she was fixated on the comments of other people during the funeral and didn't express a shred of feeling that the lady was now in hell. I wish I had had the guts to ask her how she felt about a god who wouldn't "grant" this lady repentance in her final days, as that's how it works in this church (and yes, strangely they believe in free will, as well).

 

I've seen believers get upset about someone going to hell, but they never turn that on God. Likely that woman would have responded with something like, "She had plenty of chances to repent", or "God's God and he can do what he wants". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MamaCaz said:

 

When I was in college, in one of our classes we were discussing the "age of accountability" idea and Calvinism (we were Christian studies majors).  One guy said that if his baby were to die he had to believe he would go to hell because he wasn't old enough to accept Jesus.  So all babies go to hell.

I have always found the idea of "the age of accountability" ridiculous. Just another arbitrary idea that holds no merit but is accepted as fact because people have to find a way to reconcile ridiculous ideas (going to hell for not accepting "grace") with each other so the whole thing doesn't fall apart.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deathportal365 said:

I have always found the idea of "the age of accountability" ridiculous. Just another arbitrary idea that holds no merit but is accepted as fact because people have to find a way to reconcile ridiculous ideas (going to hell for not accepting "grace") with each other so the whole thing doesn't fall apart.

 

I've also had this problem.  The old Church had its answers, of course, and they were fairly benign, but completely unbiblical.  Someone had to explain where dead babies go, and since they never got to accept Jesus, straight to the Lake of Fire they go, which was obviously an unpopular answer.  As a Christian, I also believed unborn babies went to Hell.  This included stillbirths and abortions.  King David himself said he sinned from the moment of conception (Psalm 51:5), so there's precedent.  They say God is good and wouldn't do that, but the rest of the Bible determined that that was a lie.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

41876437_2487036701323238_64249767149374

 

 

 

Sure about that?

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. - Luke 14:26

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 2:46 PM, Stargazer95 said:

 

Is that a common view among Calvinists, or just that guy's view? I've always assumed that most Christians take the position that infants are too young to understand anything, and so are automatically pardoned. That raises the question, of course, that if a person can be pardoned without accepting Christ, why can't everyone be pardoned? Hmmm I've never heard a Christian answering that one. 

I grew up amongst Calivinists, and I will say that at least in my circle of Calvinists it was a not-uncommon belief that all babies go to hell, and were created for the sole purpose of going to hell. Sometimes when they're not in a "fire and brimstone" mood they'll simply cop out and say they don't know or that it's not for them to question or understand God's plan - but if you push it this is usually what they believe. I wouldn't necessarily say *all* Calvinists believe this, but there's this weird culture of one-upmanship in many fundamentalist christian sects. People are constantly trying to prove that they're more christian and more holy than others in their church by boasting and preaching increasingly cruel beliefs, and then challenging other christians that perhaps if you don't believe that cruel thing it's because they don't have faith. So basically there are people out there who will suggest that if you don't believe babies go to hell there's something wrong with you and perhaps you were created to burn in hell as well. It's a terrifying culture of fear and intimidation that doesn't compare with mellower denominations and churches.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 1:44 PM, AliT said:

https://www.charismamag.com/life/culture/25271-50-reasons-why-i-don-t-drink

 

The stupid is depressingly strong with this one. 🙄 

 

41+42 are especially nonsensical. 

 

I can only hope that I wasn't as much a twat as her. 

 

 

21. No one has ever said, "If only I had taken a drink, things wouldn't have gotten out of control."

 

That’s probably not true. One drink is known to reduce stress.

 

I remember a study back in the 80s (when I was a tee-totaler) that showed that men who had a beer on the way home from work were less likely to have an accident than those who didn’t. Why? They were less stressed! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find it online anywhere.

 

Car and Driver magazine has twice done tests with their writers and other employees (about 30 years apart) intended to show the effects of drinking and driving. Each driver picks their drink (wine, beer, spirits). They set a baseline time in a course with cones having practiced some, then doing it first before drinking. Then they have a drink (equivalent of one oz. of alcohol, regardless of type) and wait their turn, have their BAC checked, drive the course again, etc, until they’re legally drunk (or maybe beyond that). Both times this experiment was run, everyone did better after one drink than with none. Performance with two drinks was about the same as with one. After that it was all downhill.

 

I can’t find it on their website, but the 1978 test is referenced here.

 

46. I should never look to the glass or bottle for joy, which can only be found in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then you should never have dessert or tell a joke, either. Clearly those things can’t bring you joy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

I can only stand to listen to about 2 and 1/2 minutes of this.

 

 

You made it further than I did lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the bible is evil idolatry...but Peter , which is also in the bible ... is the actual new covenant good stuff. Alrighty then.

 

13:55 made me laugh. (I skipped from 2:30 to 13:55)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 3:21 AM, Fweethawt said:

7cm2j18lg4521.jpg

 

So, abortion would be a plane ticket home, as well, correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 12:42 AM, Fweethawt said:

I can only stand to listen to about 2 and 1/2 minutes of this.

 

 

I have made it about 4 minutes. I will agree with one thing and one thing only, and that is that the Bible is a form of idolatry for a lot of these Christians. But I don't know how relevant that is since the whole thing is silly anyway. Whenever Christians start going on about Satan I laugh out loud. I just can't take it seriously.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Translation to the above: "my interpretation of scripture differs from yours, therefore yours is wrong by default, even though there is no way to prove either interpretation, or the scripture itself, is correct."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.