Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

And he still couldn't do us the consideration of correcting his grammar. smile.png Really takes away the umph in calling someone a "bitch".

Agreed. It is a lot harder to take insult from someone that has difficulty forming coherent responses (see my latest post as another example of that).

OMFG Wendytwitch.gif that was painful......more please GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Ask and ye shall receive. Reddit (and stupid Christians) delivered another beauty.

post-18171-0-92090900-1339606424_thumb.jpg

so WOW........that's just wow....

Reddit

OMG! eek.gif Makes me even happier that I'm an atheist!

And he still couldn't do us the consideration of correcting his grammar. smile.png Really takes away the umph in calling someone a "bitch".

Agreed. It is a lot harder to take insult from someone that has difficulty forming coherent responses (see my latest post as another example of that).

I just want to write a response and say, "yes, this man chose to be gay despite living in an extremely intolerant part of the world, knowing death could result from it."

I feel sad I could have ever justified this type of talk :(

I must get me a true christian bible.

Genesis 1:

9 Then God said, “Fuck it, let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good and said, "Fuck yeah"

I mean we heathen can be potty mouths but teh trooo beleevur well, what is that verse of profanity again?

Nevermind....

ghOc0.jpg

The stupid that's been making the rounds on FB. Found this response on a post on Reddit.

Hah! Conure, I saw two different versions of a response to that one on Reddit! I really love that site.

Two questions.

#1. Who sits around and writes this shit? Somebody actually makes up these stories because they clearly did not happen.

#2. Who believes this shit? As a Christian I would instantly point this out as some chain letter hoax. Come on, folks.

Hah! Conure, I saw two different versions of a response to that one on Reddit! I really love that site.

What is Reddit?

What is Reddit?

Users share memes, news stories, youtube videos, ask questions and more.

http://www.reddit.com/

I oftentimes just cruise the main page. I also sometimes filter into just images, or into the atheism subcategory.

I must get me a true christian bible.

Genesis 1:

9 Then God said, “Fuck it, let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good and said, "Fuck yeah"

Genesis 2:

2And on the seventh day God finished the work that he had done, and he rolled himself a fatty and declared "Daaammmmnn, this shit is GOOD!"

ghOc0.jpg

The stupid that's been making the rounds on FB. Found this response on a post on Reddit.

All praise jebus, I'm convinced, I repent. Seriously, who writes this shit, thankfully I don't have anyone who posts crap like that, the only one I had was the picture of jebus and the angel at the scene of an accident.

When I debate someone who uses the "choice" card, I always point out that that's a misunderstanding. I have not chosen to reject their god any more than I've chosen to reject Santa Claus. It's not like we're sitting at a smorgasbord of equal beliefs and we just choose what we want. We evaluate the evidence and let it lead where it may. The only "choice" there is in deciding to accept the evidence rather than squelch it, but that is not the same thing as "choosing to believe that all Gods are fictional." (And even that is not necessarily a "choice," since the evidence can be so overwhelming that we cannot ignore it.)

You make a damn fine point. I've seen people who "choose" to believe something they know deep down isn't true. I "chose" to believe that my Evil Ex was a man of God and turned a blind eye to his millions of faults and abuses and lies. I "chose" to believe that Christianity was true for years despite knowing perfectly well that there was no evidence behind any of it (I just thought that "no evidence" doesn't mean "disproving evidence," because I didn't know that actually yeah there was tons of that too). But the phrasing isn't quite right. That kind of "choice" is more like intentionally wearing blinders than "choosing to believe" or not believe. If "choosing to believe" means that I intentionally, willfully disregard mountains of evidence against a fact and damage my life and others' lives defending that fact, then is that really a positive? We don't use the idea in a positive light in any other arena save religion, but I challenge people who still think that way to examine just why religion gets a free pass while in every other case, "choosing" to believe something untrue is decidedly a negative.

I don't think it's a case of "choosing to believe" more than it's a case of purposefully ignoring facts. It's pathetic that someone would even try to trot that card out. It tells me that the person using that argument knows more than he thinks he knows and is gleefully, willfully, disregarding his own truths. You can't "choose to believe," but you can "ignore all damning evidence in favor of your happy little lie."

Thanks. I think one reason why many Christians don't understand that most of us are not choosing to disbelieve is because they've heard it pounded out at the pulpit over and over and over again that we need to "choose" Jesus. They've heard it phrased as a choice so many times that it's inconceivable to them that those who have studied Christianity and found it false could actually have no choice in the matter.

Christians don't really understand what choice actually even is. They "choose" to be straight or gay, "choose" to bend knee rather than burn in hell forever, and think both of these are freely taken options because, by wild coincidence, being (sort of) straight and "saved" are the two things they've "chosen." That word "choice." They keep using it. I do not think it means what they think it means.

• Like 3

Christians don't really understand what choice actually even is. They "choose" to be straight or gay, "choose" to bend knee rather than burn in hell forever, and think both of these are freely taken options because, by wild coincidence, being (sort of) straight and "saved" are the two things they've "chosen." That word "choice." They keep using it. I do not think it means what they think it means.

I agree completely.

What is Reddit?

Users share memes, news stories, youtube videos, ask questions and more.

http://www.reddit.com/

I oftentimes just cruise the main page. I also sometimes filter into just images, or into the atheism subcategory.

Thanks! I'll have to check that out. smile.png

Just saw this on my home page:

"Woohoo! My house is clean! Yay! I love a clean house....was just thinking that must be how God feels about US... We are HIS temple! Sin is dirty... Holy Spirit is pure and clean.... ♥ ♥"

Seriously? She is always posting Bible verses as her status...and the one time she even STARTS to sound like a normal person she has to drag holy spirit in kicking and screaming. I'm pretty sure even HE didn't want to be mentioned this time!

• Like 1

ghOc0.jpg

All praise jebus, I'm convinced, I repent. Seriously, who writes this shit, thankfully I don't have anyone who posts crap like that, the only one I had was the picture of jebus and the angel at the scene of an accident.

Ugh, I saw that one too. This and many others of these stupid photos are posted by my "aunt" (she's younger than me...don't ask) who is also autistic. She shares just about everything ever posted on the Jesus Christ page too...

"Woohoo! My house is clean! Yay! I love a clean house....was just thinking that must be how God feels about US... We are HIS temple! Sin is dirty... Holy Spirit is pure and clean.... ♥ ♥"

Seriously? She is always posting Bible verses as her status...and the one time she even STARTS to sound like a normal person she has to drag holy spirit in kicking and screaming. I'm pretty sure even HE didn't want to be mentioned this time!

Eewwwwwww!!!!!!! Sin!!!! Icky!!!!!!!!

today:

Is your name written down in the Lamb's Book of Life?

My answer: Mine got liquid-papered out.

• Like 1

today:

wait god is still using a quill and parchment paper......

dude needs to catch up to the times. Computers are much more productive and ......oh nevermind.

• Like 1

today:

Awesome response!! I'd love to hear how they counter respond.

I just spoke with God on Skype. She says you woos need to wake the fuck up :D

Retarded. I was expecting she'd say that God cleaned the house. That would have at least been something useful...

Argh, this wasn't posted on Facebook, it was posted on the website Inspire in the Scleroderma support group area.

The Battles the Lord

Ok is that it, thats whats stopping you, that's the problem, your letting that stop you. Where's your faith, who are you trusting and believing in? The same God who deliver you then, is the same God that can deliver you now! So sing, dance and shout because the victory is won. Praise God, Hallelujah and Amen! Glory to the King of kings and Lord of lords. This too shall come to pass. To God be the glory. Love Brother D

Scleroderma is a disease similar to what I have and is what my mother died of. I waited 16 long, painful years for biblegod to heal me. Then I noticed nothing was getting better and people were still dying of these diseases trusting that biblegod would heal them and I realized it was all a hoax. Now this guy comes on with his idiocy and the responses are "Amen, Brother D", and "I needed to hear that." Makes me wanna puke. I really wanted to say something, but decided to shake it off. This guy has no clue what he is saying. It is very aggravating. I suppose some will be sucked in by this nonsense and some won't. I just hate to see people get their hopes up only to be disappointed when they are not healed.

Retarded. I was expecting she'd say that God cleaned the house. That would have at least been something useful...

No way, dude, that's WOMEN'S work. If God had meant for men to clean house, he'd have given them pussies.

Oh wait, he kinda did.

• Like 3