Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

15modgo.jpg

Recaption the original - Jesus learning how to heal. Fails 1st practical not wearing a mask, interferes with skilled surgeon et al.

Not only that, not familiar with germ "theory", hand hygiene, and the use of personal protective equipment....

• Like 1

OK, this wasn't on Facebook, but it was on a store shelf. No, not a Bible store; a grocery store. WendyDoh.gif

It's not scarey to me that this product exists; but rather, that I live in a town where there is a market for it. I guess this is what homeschooled fundies eat for breakfast?

WholeGrainFlourlessCinna_071130161009_md.jpgWholeGrainFlourlessGolde_071130160610_md.jpg

OK, this wasn't on Facebook, but it was on a store shelf. No, not a Bible store; a grocery store. WendyDoh.gif

It's not scarey to me that this product exists; but rather, that I live in a town where there is a market for it. I guess this is what homeschooled fundies eat for breakfast?

WholeGrainFlourlessCinna_071130161009_md.jpgWholeGrainFlourlessGolde_071130160610_md.jpg

Must be 21 century manna :D

Same company that makes Ezekiel bread, I'm guessing. Didn't know they had branched out to cereal. Ezekiel's bread recipe wasn't very good....I don't imagine his cereal is much better. Prophets might want to consider staying out of the kitchen......

Rod and Tod recommend:

15modgo.jpg

Recaption the original - Jesus learning how to heal. Fails 1st practical not wearing a mask, interferes with skilled surgeon et al.

Not only that, not familiar with germ "theory", hand hygiene, and the use of personal protective equipment....

Nice use of PPE there!

Bravo.

600219_378623698866035_1168981062_n.jpg

I love how Jesus says, 'Yeah. That's the point." He so sad :(

^^ Someone couldn't help leaving out the Christian guilt at the end, could they? Why does it not surprise me.

"Deny me in front of your friends and I will deny you in front of my Father."

Wow, that sounds just like that "God's unconditional love" that Christians always talk about, except that it totally doesn't.

• Like 1

Isn't santa older then jebus.

It was a major stumbling block for me to learn in history class in college that Christmas is almost certainly NOT Jesus' birthday, and that it was a much older pagan festival that Catholicism pre-empted (along with a host of other stuff--anything in Christianity that's fun and life-affirming is probably from paganism). It blows my mind now to see Christians actually thinking that Christmas has the faintest thing to do with their dead, bloodsoaked failure of a messiah. This ain't rocket science.

• Like 3

Just saw this gem.

303308_373896622665753_896808338_n.jpg

Just saw this gem.

I'm not sure if you're 'out', but you really should call out this lie. It's utterly untrue.

Just saw this gem.

The only irony I see is that a prisoner relies on the Bible, and the free do not.

Just saw this gem.

I'm not sure if you're 'out', but you really should call out this lie. It's utterly untrue.

I've thought about it. I know I was a bible-toting Jesus freak in high school, with verses written all over my backpack and binder... I was teased a little bit, but went to a school that was genuinely pretty tolerant of pretty much anything, even crazies like me. The teachers and administration had no problem with it, even letting me give my speeches and reports around religious/blatantly evangelizing topics. They disagreed and made it known they did, but did so respectfully, as long as I respected the rights of others to voice their disagreements. It's been a while since I've been in high school, but I think this is still pretty true? Surely we're going forwards, not backwards?

Ah. Apparently "not forcing kids to read the Bible or pray during school hours" equates to "not letting them do it on their own." That doesn't say very many good things about Christians' view of their rituals, or about their kids, or about their desire to control others' kids.

• Like 5

Just saw this gem.

The only irony I see is that a prisoner relies on the Bible, and the free do not.

The biggest problem I see is that the majority of people in prison have a mental health problem (around 55% of incarcerated men and around 75% of incarcerated women, I believe). Consider the impact of FASD on crime and incarceration, not to mention psychotic illness.

So, what I see in that photo is a crazy guy in an orange jump suit getting secret messages from god in a book of fairy tales. Quite frightening.

• Like 3

How about this one... if were "out", I would say something snarky about sexual repression starting early, but instead I will just post here:

"Modesty is rare and beautiful! Posting pics of yourself or your daughters in bikinis is not the best idea. Think about how many people are on your friend list. Would you stand in front of every person on that list in your bikini without a towel and have them look at you in person? I doubt it. Girls that are not modest are really just exposing a neediness to be noticed or an insecurity in their lives. Bikinis are NOT bad - just don't let your daughters post pics of themselves on the Internet in them. Sincerely, mom of 4 boys that is willing to fight for their purity (I want them to grow up to honor women.)"

How about this one... if were "out", I would say something snarky about sexual repression starting early, but instead I will just post here:

"Modesty is rare and beautiful! Posting pics of yourself or your daughters in bikinis is not the best idea. Think about how many people are on your friend list. Would you stand in front of every person on that list in your bikini without a towel and have them look at you in person? I doubt it. Girls that are not modest are really just exposing a neediness to be noticed or an insecurity in their lives. Bikinis are NOT bad - just don't let your daughters post pics of themselves on the Internet in them. Sincerely, mom of 4 boys that is willing to fight for their purity (I want them to grow up to honor women.)"

I won't even go into how much of a double standard her post is... Ugh. It should go without saying.

I will point out that an overemphasis on modesty actually encourages the objectification of women-- the very thing they think they're trying to avoid.

• Like 1

"*GUILT GUILT GUILT*...Sincerely, mom of 4 boys that is willing to fight for their purity (I want them to grow up to honor women.)"

Yes, because if boys grow up to hate women, IT'S THE FAULT OF WOMEN! It's because they were sluts, not because YOU, AS A PARENT, DIDN'T FUCKING BOTHER TO TEACH THEM TO RESPECT WOMEN, NO MATTER WHAT THEY WEAR!

*fumefumefume* So many memories of fundie school. Boys' bad behavior was always the fault of THOSE EVIL VAGINAS!

....I need to shoot something...

• Like 3

So it's every chick who's ever worn a bikini's fault if some guy doesn't "honour" women as an adult? How about her sons taking responsibility for their own actions?

ETA: Silly me, I forgot. Men are faultless.

• Like 1

Bad Eve, bad!!

• Like 1

the annoying thing about fundy's on facebook are the stupid photos they post or the I love Jesus posters they pull off of google images.

"*GUILT GUILT GUILT*...Sincerely, mom of 4 boys that is willing to fight for their purity (I want them to grow up to honor women.)"

*fumefumefume* So many memories of fundie school. Boys' bad behavior was always the fault of THOSE EVIL VAGINAS!

lol you said vagina...

It was a major stumbling block for me to learn in history class in college that Christmas is almost certainly NOT Jesus' birthday, and that it was a much older pagan festival that Catholicism pre-empted (along with a host of other stuff--anything in Christianity that's fun and life-affirming is probably from paganism). It blows my mind now to see Christians actually thinking that Christmas has the faintest thing to do with their dead, bloodsoaked failure of a messiah. This ain't rocket science.

Chrsitmas is pure pagan (notice the date Dec 25th and the solstice is the 21st), it was sun god worship and when constantine made christianity the state religion, they brought in everything pagan and renamed it: Even the saints are takes on older pagan gods and so is easter (ashtarte), incense, nuns (vestil virgins of BC religions), confession to a priest, the virgin mary was a take on the mother goddess of ancient times (as is lady liberty).