Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

534523_355514751184971_1443498436_n.jpg

A few youth girls posted this, and one 50+ adult male. Yikes.

The whole "HE SAW YOU READ THIS" freaked me the fuck out. if you ignore the top of the letter and just look at the second sentence, Jesus seems like a master stalker. TELL JESUS TO STOP WATCHING ME! cussing.gif

• Like 1

Ha+Ha+Ha+I+Knew+You+Before+You+Were+Born.jpg

What is this? I don't even.

Ok, had to think a bit. The kid must've have put his hands in front of Jesus's eye and said "guess who?!"

Makes total sense now.

I'm pretty sure you're right but it still creeps me out.

Also my grandmother just told me that she read Obama is the most "biblically hostile president"...sounds like a good reason to vote for him to me!

Posted by my aunt who is somehow younger than me who reposts every Jesusy thing she can find.

Wow...that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the Bible did for me!

I fixed it:

ETA: OMG, why can't I post this any other way besides through my photo album????? What is my problem? Wendyloser.gif

• Like 1

Posted by my aunt who is somehow younger than me who reposts every Jesusy thing she can find.

I fixed it:

ETA: OMG, why can't I post this any other way besides through my photo album????? What is my problem? Wendyloser.gif

Are you able to post pics from your iPhone? Is that what you're doing?? I can't figure out how to do that!!

If not, disregard

I fixed it:

Some sites get upset about things like people using their pictures too often. Maybe you could try hosting the image on another site?

The whole "HE SAW YOU READ THIS" freaked me the fuck out. if you ignore the top of the letter and just look at the second sentence, Jesus seems like a master stalker. TELL JESUS TO STOP WATCHING ME! cussing.gif

*moons Jesus*

• Like 1

Guest Valk0010

If I had a facebook I would post this:

This is god calling to clarify, soon means soon, muhammed dammit. Follow buddha.

*moons Jesus*

I always found it interesting that Jesus has x-ray vision. It also makes the verse in Revelation about not being shamefully exposed a slightly redundant concept.

Obviously, not from a fundie (I don't have those on my fb), but this made me laugh. And was kind of surprised the truck had a Mass plate.

402803_362983873769941_2066950503_n.jpg

• Like 2

lolfalse.jpg

uh..why is that a WARNING? Are these things that christians don't actually want? (love, joy, compassion etc are expressed as symptoms of a disease) Makes sense, in that case.

Obviously, not from a fundie (I don't have those on my fb), but this made me laugh. And was kind of surprised the truck had a Mass plate.

402803_362983873769941_2066950503_n.jpg

I laughed my ass off on this!

*moons Jesus*

I always found it interesting that Jesus has x-ray vision. It also makes the verse in Revelation about not being shamefully exposed a slightly redundant concept.

Exactly. And it gets in the head of these youth group girls, who don't have the maturity to see this for what it is. So they repost this crap all the time. Poor kids...

A good friend of mine posted this on FB:

Great quote from this former Nobel Prize in Chemistry winner - “The burden of proof is on those who don’t believe that ‘Genesis’ was right, and there was a creation, and that the Creator is still involved. … [The fact is] this planet was built specifically for us. Working on this planet is an absolute moral code. … Let’s go out and do what we were put on Earth to do.”

I want to respond with something obvious, but without offending the guy. I was thinking something like "Is the burden of proof on YOU to prove that Islam is false then (or any other non-Christian religion)? And if not, why does Christianity get the privilege of not having the burden of proof?". I am not sure if that is a good argument or not, but I just have to respond with something to balance this out!

A good friend of mine posted this on FB:

Great quote from this former Nobel Prize in Chemistry winner - “The burden of proof is on those who don’t believe that ‘Genesis’ was right, and there was a creation, and that the Creator is still involved. … [The fact is] this planet was built specifically for us. Working on this planet is an absolute moral code. … Let’s go out and do what we were put on Earth to do.”

I want to respond with something obvious, but without offending the guy. I was thinking something like "Is the burden of proof on YOU to prove that Islam is false then (or any other non-Christian religion)? And if not, why does Christianity get the privilege of not having the burden of proof?". I am not sure if that is a good argument or not, but I just have to respond with something to balance this out!

It depends on how well you know them and what your style is, but if it were me it might go something like the following:

"Talking snakes, magic fruit, talking donkeys, 900 year old men, unicorns, fire breathing dragons, potions to determine whether a women is unfaithful, 6,000 year old universe, thousands of contradictions, bird blood to cure leprosy, man walking with dinosaurs. Burden taken. Claims abysmally destroyed. Next."

• Like 3

Another delicious church sign .

"You can't be significant without God."

moon.gif

My fundi aunt posted this morning on FB: a pic of some children in kenya being helped by a missionary team. Of course, living in a home they canno afforrd and driving a new vehicle and buying izod and high end clothing, she and my uncle are doing their christian duty of trying to get people to donate, because they are too fucking cheap to donate

• Like 1

moon.gif

I choose .... Insignificance!

moon.gif

I choose .... Insignificance!

I thought being in the shadow of another was the definition of insignificance? christianese is so hard.

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

Silly Hebrew! Bondage is for kids!

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

how orwellian.

Another Reddit gem to spice things up in here:

post-18171-0-10664500-1341937612_thumb.jpg

post-18171-0-10664500-1341937612_thumb.jpg

Holy facking shat he's indoctrinated GOOOOOOD

lGFyG (1).jpg

...And just to top off her good christian girl image, her profile picture has her wearing only a bra. Go figure.

• Like 1