Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

This article was linked and supported by a Facebook "friend" with numerous fundie likes... and considering that I am entering the health field, I curiously clicked. A terrible mistake, I don't want to live on this planet anymore:

http://bound4life.com/blog/2012/08/02/why-being-an-organ-donor-may-not-be-pro-life/

That article cites this one, almost twice as bad:

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/engel/110321

Shit like this

545920_338008919586292_1475664362_n.jpg

What does that have to do with Xianity or fundamentalism?

This article was linked and supported by a Facebook "friend" with numerous fundie likes... and considering that I am entering the health field, I curiously clicked. A terrible mistake, I don't want to live on this planet anymore:

http://bound4life.com/blog/2012/08/02/why-being-an-organ-donor-may-not-be-pro-life/

That article cites this one, almost twice as bad:

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/engel/110321

Wow....those people would keep their brain-dead relatives alive until their hearts stopped, which might not be until decades later. How selfish. They would force their own mothers to be vegetables instead of allowing them to move on.

• Like 2

image46.png

This was posted by one of my fraternity brothers. I handed his ass to him.

http://sphotos-a.xx....103835668_n.jpg

Me: One day of proud bigotry is something to be proud of?

Random person: It will be interesting to see what sales are like afterwards...personally, I won't be eating there...I think free speech is fine...and I have the freedom to spend my money where I please.

Him: I love you like a brother, but the CEO of Chick-fila never made one deragtory comment about homosexuality. In fact he said that he believed in traditional marriage, and honors the Sabbath by being closed on Sundays. It has been the le...

ft that has gone on the offensive and attacked him and one of the founding principles of this country. You need to read some the not so kind tweets that the tolerant Hollywood liberals have said about him and his business.

Me: What it all boils down to is this. There are zero non-sectarian reasons against same sex marriage. I'm sure your familiar with the establishment clause.

Besides, does he also support the biblical requirement for a rape victim to marry her rapist? How about for a widow to marry her (married) brother in law? How about the other provisions surrounding polygamy which god condoned? What about stoning to death any woman who's not a virgin on her wedding night? Yeah I guess not. That means its about one thing - the gays. It has nothing to do with the bible.

Me: And by the way, none of that was any indictment on you. It is simply my thoughts on the situation.

I haven't heard a response back yet, but don't really expect one.

• Like 3

Saw this today. The participants are a X: an ex-christian and Y: an atheist-cum-Christian (as in, y would you think that?). The picture was about something vaguely related to religion.

X: On Tuesday a girl in my Engineering class told me that she watched a debate with Richard Dawkins in it, she felt that his arguments weren't very well constructed and weren't very convincing, and that she "just didn't really like him". I was about to get into a rather heated debate with her when she said "I guess I am biased a bit because I'm catholic, but still, I don't think he's a very good advocate for Atheism" I said "Okay." and turned away from her. I will hold on to this anger forever. The pure stupidity of the human race sometimes.

Y: Dawkins isn't a very good advocate for atheism! He gets too emotionally caught up in the whole process and it weakens his ability to provide the best arguments. Hitchens was a far better advocate for atheism.

X: Yeah but from someone who's argument is "god wanted it to be that way" can't really judge anyone on their arguments at all.

Y: That's a bit unfair and simply not true, not all believers are so biased that they cannot see the strength of an argument on either side. Often, one of the reasons that people become believers or reject a faith is because they can clearly see the rationality, coherency and evidence of the arguments either way.

X: Except that there isn't rationality, coherency or evidence in christianity. Just stupid people thinking there is.

Y: That just shows a biased, ignorant viewpoint. No wonder you feel the "hot coal" anger as in the picture above.

X: I come from a family with a religious background and went to an Anglican school where church was compulsory. I know more about the bible than half the christians I argue with, but since I was a child I have been questioning the religion where adults feed children lies and when the child questions them they are told because god is always watching them and knows everything. I understand that children could be easily convinced but you're stupid if you're an adult with the internet and still believe that rubbish.

Y: Agree to disagree on all of those incorrect assertions, and on that note I'm out as there is no point arguing with an emotionally and rationally closed-minded person.

X: Yes. Except I refuse to agree with your disagreement.

Now, I do have a big problem with the "theist dumb, atheist smart" stereotype, and I also think X said a few things out of line, but that bolded part really grinds my gears. It sinks my battleship. It knocks my team out of the post-season.

Y doesn't realise that a faith-based proposition (ie, God existing) has no logic to it, otherwise it wouldn't be faith. Although knowing her, she probably thinks atheism is a faith-based proposition. But that little statement is just looked like a snarky way to cut off an argument, claim a moral high ground and appear to herself and to others that she's the one using logic and reason.

Shit like this

545920_338008919586292_1475664362_n.jpg

What does that have to do with Xianity or fundamentalism?

7d12deee71cc.gif

I'm a bit disappointed in my friend who shared this today...

531540_391921870862391_740381424_n.jpg

"Dude, you should totally hit that guy with the jetstream. It'll be hilarious."

"Fuck off, Jesus!"

• Like 2

"Dude, you should totally hit that guy with the jetstream. It'll be hilarious."

"Fuck off, Jesus!"

Mind turning that thing on me for a sec? My robe is totally on fire.

• Like 1

Well then, Jesus isn't a very good fire-fighter:

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/statistics/v13i1.pdf

I'm Leo, and Hannah was a former schoolmate of mine.

RickQuote.jpg

Good on you PeaceOfMind, I notice she didn't have anything to say back to you... she probably had no idea what to say!

Maybe mention to the dizzy bint that bigotry is not based on hate, but upon thinking of others as inferior and wanting to legalize their inferiority and remove their civil rights. You don't have to hate someone to be bigoted against them. And it doesn't matter how fucking "loving" you are toward them--if you want to keep them from full legal equality, you are not loving. Not nice. Not kind. Not compassionate. Love would want them to enjoy a relationship with the person they love just like she can, be able to marry them in a full ceremony in the eyes of the law just like she can, get all the benefits she does from that relationship, and be as protected from discrimination as she is. If she doesn't want those things, then she doesn't "love" gays. She's the worst kind of bigot: the smiling one. I'd rather have a hundred screaming, red-faced bigots to deal with, because their homophobia and bigotry are way more obvious. But as someone's written recently, if her aims and goals toward gays are the same as those of the screaming, red-faced bigot, then there's no practical difference between them. She just cloaks her bigotry better.

• Like 1

besides the obvious stupidity of fighting a forest fire with a hose that requires a water hook up where there are none....why does jesus look like a throwback to

fabio_whiteshite_web-255x300.jpg

there's also the obvious fact that he's not actually doing very much. just holding his, um.. hose

Ugh... talk about dredging up ancient nonsense.. I don't think anyone sane believes in eugenics anymore:

527480_255596521226540_1446858544_n.jpg

And this one too!

181153_255641684555357_1544444446_n.jpg

My mother is a treasure trove of these things....and lastly....

376320_10150998208894811_1593692421_n.jpg

Isn't that like the textbook definition of "confirmation bias"?

ETA: Just saw the previous one as well. Jeez, talk about totally misreading a situation. Is that what Christians really believe? (NO, don't tell me, I know it is, but fuck that's deluded.)

Doesn't sound so good for God...

581015_286994284741043_1299811594_n.jpg

• Like 1

A friend updated to his status to this:

"I wonder if taco bell gets upset when straight people freak out about there values? Oh thats right we act like adults. I think its perfectly clear that gay people are the issue here not chick fil a."

Wendytwitch.gif

• Like 1

"I wonder if taco bell gets upset when straight people freak out about there values? Oh thats right we act like adults. I think its perfectly clear that gay people are the issue here not chick fil a."

Wendytwitch.gif

I can't even figure out what the hell that even means.

Wendytwitch.gif

I can't even figure out what the hell that even means.

I think he's saying.... gay people have a problem, because they complain about being treated badly. Straight people aren't a problem, because they aren't complaining about being treated badly by gays........ which. just. doesn't. make. any. sense.

he's basically saying that gays are intellectually and emotionally stunted and don't know how to act in a "civil" society.