Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

I responded to her on the abortion post about abortion being the reason teh crime rate has dropped compared to predictions 20 yrs ago. She is pro iraq war I may add. here is her response

Wow Tony...I thought you would have responded differently...I guess when God said,"Thou shall not kill" ,it is a part of the bible you don't believe? Personally,I believe this country is in the mess it's in because we are making up our own rules,to suit our flesh and payday is coming.

I responded to her on the abortion post about abortion being the reason teh crime rate has dropped compared to predictions 20 yrs ago. She is pro iraq war I may add. here is her response

Wow Tony...I thought you would have responded differently...I guess when God said,"Thou shall not kill" ,it is a part of the bible you don't believe? Personally,I believe this country is in the mess it's in because we are making up our own rules,to suit our flesh and payday is coming.

Rip her a new one, please.

I really want to. Sad thing is, it would be too easy: I could bring up war which she has no problems with, I could bring up abortion being legal in canada and australia, which are economic power houses right now, with canada growing, I could really bring up her and my uncle living way above their means which Biblically is a sin. trust me I would love to.

The fundys need to show some proof when they say things.

They're so used to not having to show evidence for their claims that the whole idea has taken them well by surprise. It's no wonder they've vilified the entire idea. If they had evidence, then the idea of having to prove claims wouldn't be so ickie to them.

Today saw a miracle from a conversation: Truck Driver: "Make that rain stop." Me: "How?" Truck Driver: "Well, can't you pray or something?" Me: "Ohh yea." After a couple quick prayers the rain went from fairly heavy to completely stopped in 5 minutes. The truck driver was buzzing out, haha good times.

It stopped raining. Therefore God.

es_oreilly_414_480x360.jpg

Today saw a miracle from a conversation: Truck Driver: "Make that rain stop." Me: "How?" Truck Driver: "Well, can't you pray or something?" Me: "Ohh yea." After a couple quick prayers the rain went from fairly heavy to completely stopped in 5 minutes. The truck driver was buzzing out, haha good times.

It stopped raining. Therefore God.

es_oreilly_414_480x360.jpg

Sounds like My church.Wendycrazy.gif

Just did, I responded asking about the iraq war and that verse also I made a jab about christians living above their means (since her and my uncle are).

• Like 1

All I can say about the Pepsi can is, "Have these people got nothing else to get angry over?"

I wonder if any of them will give the money they will save by not buying fizzy drinks to Water Aid to ensure people in Africa have clean water to drink?

• Super Moderator

also I made a jab about christians living above their means (since her and my uncle are).

That reminded me of something my aunt and uncle did about fifteen years ago, right before he was supposed to retire. They bought this huge Winnebago - waaaaaaay more than they could afford. The bragged about how they wouldn't have to pay for it after my uncle retired because by then, "Jesus was gonna rapture us away anyhow. Might as well enjoy this camper while we can."

BTW, he's been retired for more than a decade now and one of their kids took over the payments on the camper.

WendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gif

309136_10151115603927355_671448995_n.jpg

Be like a child forever. that's productive...

217802_10151108774227355_803908968_n.jpg

Jesus looks a little coked out.

• Like 1

also I made a jab about christians living above their means (since her and my uncle are).

That reminded me of something my aunt and uncle did about fifteen years ago, right before he was supposed to retire. They bought this huge Winnebago - waaaaaaay more than they could afford. The bragged about how they wouldn't have to pay for it after my uncle retired because by then, "Jesus was gonna rapture us away anyhow. Might as well enjoy this camper while we can."

BTW, he's been retired for more than a decade now and one of their kids took over the payments on the camper.

That is typical convoluted christian logic. My aunt does not work (lazy) and my uncle is waiting until 2013 to retire and then he said he is taking his pension as a lump sum. These idiots have no clue about money.

My page is full of stupid pictures which say like if you love jesus and scroll by if you love satan....

Out of curiosity, were they buying into the Y2K scare?

My uncle still has toilet paper left over from that event.

• Like 3

Haha! But why stock up on toilet paper if they were going to be raptured? ;)

Haha! But why stock up on toilet paper if they were going to be raptured? wink.png

Y2K wasnt specifically a rapture event, it was supposed to be a power grid failure.

Haha! But why stock up on toilet paper if they were going to be raptured? wink.png

Y2K wasnt specifically a rapture event, it was supposed to be a power grid failure.

But he clearly thought that they would have been raptured before now, right?

My uncle wasn't a fundy, just a conspiracy nut.

So, was the "Jesus was gonna rapture us away anyhow. Might as well enjoy this camper while we can" comment a joke?

So, was the "Jesus was gonna rapture us away anyhow. Might as well enjoy this camper while we can" comment a joke?

I didnt make the one about my uncle buying the camper, that was someone else. I am not Buffetphan.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Not that I remember -- at least not when they purchased the camper. But as Y2K approached, knowing them, I'm sure they figured they had an even greater possibility of getting out of the loan. Not that they really cared...... because jeeeeezus provides... amen and hallelujah. (Even if it was one of their own stupid fundy kids who took over the loan payments to "honor thy father")

562936_428722200511884_991515979_n.jpg

-_-

• Like 2

562936_428722200511884_991515979_n.jpg

sleep.png

Your faith grows far more when you have someone tell you what the bible says, reading it for yourself is the path to agnosticism.

• Like 1

Even when I was involved in christianity, I never really bought the rapture thing. A big commitment to just one verse.

I didnt make the one about my uncle buying the camper, that was someone else. I am not Buffetphan.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Whoops! I didn't even take notice of the names. I asked her a specific question regarding her uncle and you answered it about your uncle, so all along I thought I was conversing with the same person. wink.png

• Like 1