Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

family member just posted this:

‎"Also rejoice in our sufferings, because suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character, and character, hope!" Romans 5:3

lol you should write, "okay then, send me all your money so that you may suffer financial hardship and gain perseverence, character, and hope!"

Or just cut to the chase: Matthew 19:21:

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

SO GET TO IT FUNDIES

Or just cut to the chase: Matthew 19:21:

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

SO GET TO IT FUNDIES

But... but, but, my 800 million dollar home!

oh wait....god wants you to be rich...because god is a republican.....just like ME!!

529972_334242039999321_1887583641_n.jpg

My science walks on the moon.

• Like 3

Wendybanghead.gifWendyDoh.gif

I can walk on water.... when it's really cold out.

• Like 1

The only thing I can say is that I hope the person making all these pictures and memes is secretly an atheist and getting rich off of it (I know, not likely, but I can hope)

Yeah...but what good does that do me?

This one comes courtesy of my sister. The cynic in me desires to point out that as, what, half of all christian marriages fail, a lovely christian husband doesn't exactly make it appear that god is keeping his promises.

Also, I just want to say that this makes me want to vomit. I hope my brother-in-law comes to the dark side zDuivel7.gif

fundy crap.jpg

• Like 1

This one comes courtesy of my sister. The cynic in me desires to point out that as, what, half of all christian marriages fail, a lovely christian husband doesn't exactly make it appear that god is keeping his promises.

Also, I just want to say that this makes me want to vomit. I hope my brother-in-law comes to the dark side zDuivel7.gif

Up until he gets caught banging a hot 21 year old blonde. Or comes out gay.

Up until he gets caught banging a hot 21 year old blonde. Or comes out gay.

Yeah. I realised after that that not only did I not have him on my facebook, but that he's never responded to these things that my sister puts up from time to time. So I added him. Just curious if this is a one-way thing.

She loves her husband. Is it so hard to be happy for someone else? Jesus, you're making me sick.

She loves her husband. Is it so hard to be happy for someone else? Jesus, you're making me sick.

Dude, where the hell did that come from? I have no issue with her loving her husband. I think it's great. It's the god's promise bit that makes me sick.

I just don't get why you'd bother. I have a feeling this thread serves as a socially acceptable way to trample others without retaliation. To me it seems it would be better for anyone to spend the energy used in this process to improve oneself, or one's environment, instead.

I just don't get why you'd bother. I have a feeling this thread serves as a socially acceptable way to trample others without retaliation. To me it seems it would be better for anyone to spend the energy used in this process to improve oneself, or one's environment, instead.

You're probably right. But you came to this thread yourself, either for the same reasons or to partake vicariously in the mudslinging.

I struggle myself with whether it is helpful to vent in this way (carthartic therapy) or whether it is counter-productive (negativity-inducing). Dunno.

This is a place we can vent about the stupid stuff our facebook family post without getting trampled in religious fervor. It's cathartic.

Here's one:

557480_330607863699809_1161934660_n.jpg

You're probably right. But you came to this thread yourself, either for the same reasons or to partake vicariously in the mudslinging.

I struggle myself with whether it is helpful to vent in this way (carthartic therapy) or whether it is counter-productive (negativity-inducing). Dunno.

I think it can be a little of both, but it's for each of us to discover that for ourselves. Some days I overlook this thread, other days I join in. It's hard to look on FB and feel like the minority at times, when almost 1/4 of the posts I see are God-related.

557480_330607863699809_1161934660_n.jpg

^^I hate when they ruin a beautiful pic with a stupid saying!

Because it alows us to express our rage and irritation at the stupidity and non nonsensical things that show up every morning.

• Like 1

561797_418897578176320_1932760200_n.jpg

This one is anti Christian and definitively makes a point.

• Like 4

B, I think that may have been the first picture I have ever posted in this thread. I have had an absolute bitch of a week. Actually, the last few months have been fucking shit. I've broken up with my partner, and he finally moved out a week ago. I've had my hysterectomy rescheduled three times; first time, two hours prior, because I was considered too young to understand the consequences of having the operation. That was AFTER, mind you, I'd been forced to have a psych evaluation done. Then when I kicked up a stink, I was forced to have a second opinion done. Then I came down with the flu, which I couldn't shake because I was so stressed out, so it was postponed another two times. Now I'm due to have it done in two weeks.

On top of that, I start studying again in a week. I'm stressed about that. I came very close to being unable to make the rent this fortnight, due to Dan moving out and some way they calculated my pay as a result, meaning I got like shitloads less than I would normally.

As well as that, I am still being given grief by my fucking uterus. I spend some days in bed because of the pain. It keeps me up some nights. I'm tired, I'm sore, and I do my best not to bitch or complain.

Oh, and I forgot to mention a legal situation that I'm dealing with at the moment, which is too sensitive for me to go into. It's finally come to a head after two years, and I'm trying to deal with the emotional fall-out from that.

But you know what? Yeah, I'm pretty fucking irritable at the moment. I've got a lot of shit on my plate that I'm dealing with, and I do my best not to burden anyone else with it. But sometimes, some things just get a little too much, and I'd like to vent a little and release a little steam. I'm sorry if that so happens to sicken you. I thought this was the place I could do that. I guess I was fucking wrong.

• Like 2