Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

I just don't get why you'd bother. I have a feeling this thread serves as a socially acceptable way to trample others without retaliation. To me it seems it would be better for anyone to spend the energy used in this process to improve oneself, or one's environment, instead.

This is the "Rants" section. Actually, letting off steam on the forum here is the only way many of us have to "trample others without retaliation" as you put it. Otherwise we are surrounded by Christians and can't even express ourselves without some form of retaliation. On this site, we get a safe place to express who we really are. Too bad so many in this society have to "retaliate" against someone with a different idea of God, or no belief in God whatsoever.

I hope you can understand this. Sure, we are also trying to be better people. This site helps us do that.

• Like 4

I'm an extremely nice guy IRL. NOt rude in the least, very friendly. But yeah this place is out haven to blow off steam when we have nowhere else to do it IRL. So, don't come into our one little private zone starting shit.

• Like 1

Sorry pudd, didn't mean to be rude. I used to join in on this thread as well. Since I've been taking all christian stuff that comes at me for just that, christian stuff, I've been doing much better. I do believe this will work for others as well.

Pudd, my first reaction wasn't just aiming for you in particular, but more against the general direction of this thread. I feel this way about more threads than this one, by the way. It blows you're having a bad time, and you have all right to vent as much as you feel is necessary. Perhaps I should have made a post about this in a seperate thread.

I won't spoil the party no more. Have a good life, guys! You earned it.

Sorry pudd, didn't mean to be rude. I used to join in on this thread as well. Since I've been taking all christian stuff that comes at me for just that, christian stuff, I've been doing much better. I do believe this will work for others as well.

Pudd, my first reaction wasn't just aiming for you in particular, but more against the general direction of this thread. I feel this way about more threads than this one, by the way. It blows you're having a bad time, and you have all right to vent as much as you feel is necessary. Perhaps I should have made a post about this in a seperate thread.

B, it's all good. Like I said, I'm irritable at the moment. As far as christian stuff goes, 99.9% of the time, it doesn't bother me. Personally, I'm at the point where I'm not angry anymore or sad about there being no god. I don't miss having a deity in my life, nor do I miss church. I don't fear hell, and don't worry about death, because I'm determined to live my life while I'm here. I'm just tired and sore, worn out, and stressed out, and the person who posted that pic has already pissed me off once in the last week. Just saw it at the wrong time. My normal reaction would be to roll my eyes and keep on going. Which is what I'd do if I'd just laid eyes on it right now, now that I've had a cry and spoken to my dad.

But I'm rambling now. It's 5am and the puddin's sick, and I've been up all night.

But you and I, as far as I am concerned, we're all good, and I'm sorry for blasting you. That was a little over the top.

• Like 1

B, it's all good. Like I said, I'm irritable at the moment. As far as christian stuff goes, 99.9% of the time, it doesn't bother me. Personally, I'm at the point where I'm not angry anymore or sad about there being no god. I don't miss having a deity in my life, nor do I miss church. I don't fear hell, and don't worry about death, because I'm determined to live my life while I'm here. I'm just tired and sore, worn out, and stressed out, and the person who posted that pic has already pissed me off once in the last week. Just saw it at the wrong time. My normal reaction would be to roll my eyes and keep on going. Which is what I'd do if I'd just laid eyes on it right now, now that I've had a cry and spoken to my dad.

But I'm rambling now. It's 5am and the puddin's sick, and I've been up all night.

But you and I, as far as I am concerned, we're all good, and I'm sorry for blasting you. That was a little over the top.

We're good. I like the way you're handling this smile.png. You're doing a good job and you're influencing my life in a good way.

"I think our daughters were just door-to-door witnessing. On the way to the park, they asked eveyone they saw if they knew about Jesus, then offered them snacks. :)"

This just makes me sad. She and her husband were raised as MKs, their daughters are 5 and 3 and are being raised as PKs. Is there any hope for the children raised in the churches? I feel like the children born to incarcerated women and raised in prisons have more hope than this.

195828_10151000044490222_2144988608_n.jpg

...no comment.

EDIT: Anyone remember that South Park episode about Christian music? "I wanna get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus, I wanna feel his salvation all over my face..."

^^^^^^^ BWHWHAHAHA...idiots, they make a fool of their own faith.

Maybe I'm just a pervert, but seriously, that picture looks exactly like someone kneeling to give a blowjob. I'm speechless.

Just saw that early Blackadder episode where BA wears the huge erect codpiece to church and everybody kneels around him. Jesus fuck I love me some Blackadder.

But to the point, I admit I always liked how civilly Catholics handled prayer with their padded kneeling benches for every pew. No verse in the Bible says you're supposed to blow your knees out--only Protestants seem to make a virtue out of making their duties painful! Explains a lot about my first marriage, really...

393905_4235685166053_394418940_n.jpg

284879_4239723267003_121856464_n.jpg

Lets take a stand for stupidity everybody!

284879_4239723267003_121856464_n.jpg

Lets take a stand for stupidity everybody!

Maybe I'm wrong but that actually makes a somewhat valid point to me.

There are reasonable reasons for being pro-life but comparing fetuses to endangered animals or landscapes is pretty dumb.

There are reasonable reasons for being pro-life but comparing fetuses to endangered animals or landscapes is pretty dumb.

If anything, it's a reason to encourage abortions since we're overpopulated.

I'm not trying to jump on either side of the debate (personally I think it's a private matter between anyone involved), but if the only variable is whether the species in endangered, the pro-lifers have an uphill battle ahead of them.

• Like 2

You know, if the only way that an eagle, whale, or gorgeous landscape could survive was to hook themselves up to a potentially non-consenting person for nine solid months, causing physical risk, risk of life-long complications, and possible loss of relationships, health, and life, culminating in an experience that is widely reported to be the most painful thing a human being can experience, then they might have a point.

Yay! Totally false analogies and oversimplifications are fun, aren't they?

• Like 3

Today my sister posted this on FB from Rodney and Adonica something-Brown:

If you have to force something it's not of God - what God does flows, bubbles, springs forth what man does, pushes, shoves, forces, manipulates, props up, pretends, fakes etc the River of God is, alive, it flows, it's life, joy, salvation. healing, provision, wisdom - everything you need 24/7 so check out, what you are doing & ask yourself the question - am I pushing in the "flesh" or flowing in the "Spirit" The River! Be Blessed today!"

Aargh. it's hard enough trying to get stuff done without having to critique oneself constantly about whether "I am pushing in the 'flesh' or flowing in the 'Spirit'". Strip away the metaphors from this word of wisdom and what you get is really impossible to apply in any consistent way. The guaranteed result in my opinion is A) smug self-satisfaction or B) constant self-doubt.

• Like 1

The guaranteed result in my opinion is A) smug self-satisfaction or cool.png constant self-doubt.

isn't that the point.

Ficino, that's not even consistent! Christians constantly tell themselves they "must" do this or that. Either it's supposed to be easy all the time, or else it's supposed to be a struggle. This smells suspiciously like yet another way people can blame those who fail.

Picture of rain spattered window - "Jesus hears your tears like a prayer."

I want to say " he doesn't exist, but if he did it would be worse because he doesn't do a damn thing."

I'm itching to reply but can't, because its my sister-in-law. She has a tough life and posts all this morbid Jesus stuff. Very sad. Periodically I hide it, because its just too much.

This was posted by someone who reposted from that C28 Christian clothing store:

"I can't brag about my love for God because I fail him daily. I can brag about His love because for me it NEVER FAILS."

Except when it does...which is all the time.

• Like 1

528016_3599620363438_1480943591_n.jpg

O my god, they just keep getting worse and worse, something needs to be done.

O my god, they just keep getting worse and worse, something needs to be done.

Oh, come on! There's no way that's real!

Admit it, you're just making this shit up now.

image46.png

Did some Xian honestly post that, or is it a heathen being sarcastic?

420143_478136168864497_857708642_n.jpg

careful though that first step is a doozey.

• Like 2