Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

561467_428547060514909_753479061_n.jpg

zDuivel2.gif

Funny. If I love someone just the way they are, I don't try to change them or make them be someone they're not.

• Like 1

"God loves you just the way you are except when he doesn't." Makes sense.

• Like 1

Exactly Mcdaddy, It completely escapes them just how absurd they sound. I got a chuckle out of it, thought I'd share!

Except Jesus was a liar. He said he'd come back before everybody hearing him, physically standing with him and hearing him, would die, and he didn't. He swore his followers would do all the miracles he did, and they don't. He said he'd answer all prayers made in his name, and, well, we see how that's worked so far.

So their god wants us all to be failed apocalyptic crazies? So.. Harold Camping is a shining example of what their god wants? Hm. Well, okay, but I sure don't want to be that kind of person.

• Like 3

ha, I used to love Max Lucado, thought everything he said was gold. Now he makes me sick to the stomach. Yuk.

I love you just as you are. And if you don't let me change you into what I want you to be, YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!!! Because I love you so much.

• Like 3

Except Jesus was a liar. He said he'd come back before everybody hearing him, physically standing with him and hearing him, would die, and he didn't. He swore his followers would do all the miracles he did, and they don't. He said he'd answer all prayers made in his name, and, well, we see how that's worked so far.

So their god wants us all to be failed apocalyptic crazies? So.. Harold Camping is a shining example of what their god wants? Hm. Well, okay, but I sure don't want to be that kind of person.

He was also an under-achiever. If I were god on earth, I'd have put my super powers to good use during the short time I was here. Instead of dabbing spit and dirt into one blind beggar's eye, I would have wiped out blindness entirely. Instead of curing a leper or two, I would have wiped out leprosy in a second. I would have turned that hell-hole of a desert into a fertile region. I would have done real miracles that would not leave anyone questioning my existence. What a loser! Wouldn't want to be like him at all.

• Like 1

zDuivel2.gif

When I first saw this I thought it was a joke and I was on the funny pics thread. I can't believe there are people that would actually post this.

^^^^^ Sounds like something Kim Jong Un would say.

I love you just as you are. And if you don't let me change you into what I want you to be, YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!!! Because I love you so much.

Exactly..... Emotional manipulation. I beat you because I love you.

Hahaha, love it... Kinda touches on my signature line.

• Like 1

zDuivel2.gif

I used to think that was so profound and inspiring. Why did I not see the irony?

A Catholic friend shared this. I think we laughed for different reasons, but funny nonetheless!

526992_4012139435088_1755716900_n.jpg

• Like 3

I used to think that was so profound and inspiring. Why did I not see the irony?

lol, same here!

A Catholic friend shared this. I think we laughed for different reasons, but funny nonetheless!

526992_4012139435088_1755716900_n.jpg

Hahahaha.... GG, this pretty much made my day. So funny that I'm printing it off and hanging it on my wall. I don't know it's supposed to be sarcastic or not, but hilarious!

• Like 2

If this isn't already a meme, it should be.

If this isn't already a meme, it should be.

I'm pretty sure others have said something similar before in the forums. It does have the makings of a good meme, though.

"I love you just as you are. [do x-good thing], or YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!!! Because I love you so much."

546748_507303362632839_1071755363_n.jpg

Keep telling yourself that...

546748_507303362632839_1071755363_n.jpg

Keep telling yourself that...

They're right. Not believing doesn't make him not exist. Him not existing makes him not exist.

• Like 3

Belief in God does not prove his existence.

• Like 2

Some seem to be convinced that belief implies existence. I suppose this God does exist in the same sense that he ever has....in their minds.

He'd certainly have no influence on the world if no one believed in him. So in that sense, belief = existence if it's merely through actions taken in his name.

Unbelief in Hera doesn't erase her existence either.

Osiris died for your crops. :P

• Like 1

You may not believe in Persephone, but Persephone believes in you.