Brother Jeff

Another church sign for ya.

"Everything is God's creation therefore work is good"

thestupiditburns.jpg

I got this one today:

"Jesus is the light and the way"

"Press share if you are going to heaven"

smiliegojerkit.gif

Don't you even think about cancelling those desires to prosper. Many people stop praying about it when it looks like the opposite is what they are getting. But The Bible says, "God will give you the desires of your heart, if you delight yourself in Him." Don't stop honoring Him! Don't stop reverencing Him! Don't stop learning Him! After a while, you will be right at the doorstep of "SUCCESS".

Don't you even think about cancelling those desires to prosper. Many people stop praying about it when it looks like the opposite is what they are getting. But The Bible says, "God will give you the desires of your heart, if you delight yourself in Him." Don't stop honoring Him! Don't stop reverencing Him! Don't stop learning Him! After a while, you will be right at the doorstep of "SUCCESS".

Reverencing?

Reverencing?

Yeah, wut?

Can fundies haz engrish?

And why is "SUCCESS" written in quotes like that? Is it qualifying, or ironic? Is SUCCESS not what you think it is in fundieland?

FUNDIES, Y U MAKE NO SENSE?

• Like 1

Reverencing?

Yeah, wut?

Can fundies haz engrish?

And why is "SUCCESS" written in quotes like that? Is it qualifying, or ironic? Is SUCCESS not what you think it is in fundieland?

FUNDIES, Y U MAKE NO SENSE?

trt19ROFLPIMP.giftrt19ROFLPIMP.giftrt19ROFLPIMP.giflmao_99.giflmao_99.giflmao_99.gif

Huh. I thought "reverencing" was a dance move in medieval/Renaissnce dance and ballet. Fundies make less and less sense every fucking time I turn around...

And yeah, of course fundies have different definitions of "success" than non-fundies. When you have people so brainwashed they think "healing" can mean "whoops, she died, PRAISE JAYSUS!", you've got folks who don't even speak the same language as the rest of us even if they're using the same technical words.

Just saw this today on FB. Just when you thought Christian's could have one socioculturally low impact activity (like ambulating), they dial that up, too, with Christian sandals. I shit you not.

http://www.peacebewi...ian-Flip-Flops/

Pink_-_Black_Photo_4__57700_thumb.jpg

Cross Impression Flip Flops: Leave an impression of the cross on your journey and you may help lead others to Jesus!
Christian Flip Flops - Can you imagine a world where the beaches are covered with crosses? So can we and we think God would be very proud to look down and see this in remembrance of Jesus and ALL that He did for us! We all know that the Lord works in mysterious ways. Perhaps an impression you leave behind will lead another to Jesus!

WendyDoh.gif

Can we charge them with littering and/or polluting?

Just saw this today on FB. Just when you thought Christian's could have one socioculturally low impact activity (like ambulating), they dial that up, too, with Christian sandals. I shit you not.

Cross Impression Flip Flops: Leave an impression of the cross on your journey and you may help lead others to Jesus!
Christian Flip Flops - Can you imagine a world where the beaches are covered with crosses? So can we and we think God would be very proud to look down and see this in remembrance of Jesus and ALL that He did for us! We all know that the Lord works in mysterious ways. Perhaps an impression you leave behind will lead another to Jesus!

WendyDoh.gif

Please tell me an atheist thought these up.

• Like 1

Reverencing?

rev-er-ence

[rev-er-uhns, rev-ruhns] noun,
verb,
rev·er·enced,
rev·er·enc·ing.

noun

a
feeling
or attitude of deep
respect
tinged with awe;
veneration.

2. the
outward
manifestation
of this feeling:
to pay
reverence

3. a gesture
indicative
of
deep respect; an obeisance, bow, or curtsy.

4. the state of being
revered

5. (
initial capital letter
) a
title
used in
addressing
or
mentioning
a member of the clergy
(usually
preceded by
your
or
his
).

verb
(used
with
object)

to
regard
or
treat
with
reverence;
venerate:
One should reverence God and
His
laws.

http://dictionary.re...e/reverence?s=t

WendyDoh.gif

So when your deity is incapable of proving his existence, leave it to flip-flop prints to prove their existence.

Cross impressions... Gaahh! Don't they see that they are trampling on the cross of their savior?

*edited for spelling*

Not to mention the fact that the flip-flops won't last very long at all with that cross cut out of the sole.

By the way, I just thought of a catch-phrase for them: "Save souls with your soles!"

;)

Hah! I have soul-saving soles. :)

319379_456154077762782_548080528_n.jpg

Wendytwitch.gif This was posted over on FB's Fundies say the darndest things, Thought I would share here... WTF LOL

• Like 2

Wendytwitch.gif This was posted over on FB's Fundies say the darndest things, Thought I would share here... WTF LOL

HOLEE FACK

It almost sounds like a prank rather than a serious letter, but I don't doubt that there are some who would believe something that stupid.

To be fair, though, I must admit that it would be pure hell to be forced to watch that annoying show for eternity.

It almost sounds like a prank rather than a serious letter, but I don't doubt that there are some who would believe something that stupid.

To be fair, though, I must admit that it would be pure hell to be forced to watch that annoying show for eternity.

I don't think it sounds like a prank at all. When I was a little girl, this same "war" was waged on the Smurfs, it might be before some of you guys time but I remember . Seriously, Papa Smurf was leading all the children away from God, there was a certain number of smurfs that was symbolic (I don't remember now, what that number was or the meaning). But I do remember it consumed a lot of time and discussion. This newspaper clip shows that it's the same scare bs, different show, I'll bet dollars to donuts this women goes to an Ass of God Church. .

• Like 1

Reverencing?

rev-er-ence

verb,
rev·er·enced,
rev·er·enc·ing.

noun

a
feeling
or attitude of deep
respect
tinged with awe;
veneration.

2. the
outward
manifestation
of this feeling:
to pay
reverence

3. a gesture
indicative
of

4. the state of being
revered

5. (
initial capital letter
) a
title
used in
addressing
or
mentioning
a member of the clergy
(usually
preceded by
your
or
his
).

verb
(used
with
object)

to
regard
or
treat
with
reverence;
venerate:
His
laws.

"Reverence" is in the Collins Concise Australian Dictionary (7th Ed.) that I've got in front of me, but not "reverencing" as a verb. Checked my Collins thesaurus, too, and again, the word reverencing was not included; however, revere was included as a verb, and I think revering should have been the word used, because I don't think "reverencing" is a word. It's certainly not showing up in my dictionary or thesaurus as a word.

I don't think it sounds like a prank at all. When I was a little girl, this same "war" was waged on the Smurfs, it might be before some of you guys time but I remember . Seriously, Papa Smurf was leading all the children away from God, there was a certain number of smurfs that was symbolic (I don't remember now, what that number was or the meaning). But I do remember it consumed a lot of time and discussion. This newspaper clip shows that it's the same scare bs, different show, I'll bet dollars to donuts this women goes to an Ass of God Church. .

I don't specifically recall the Smurfs thing, but I do recall some other equally silly stuff being peddled by fundies back in the day. It's scary that some people can be that stupid.

Reverencing?

rev-er-ence

verb,
rev·er·enced,
rev·er·enc·in
g

noun

a
feeling
or attitude of deep
respect
tinged with awe;
veneration.

2. the
outward
manifestation
of this feeling:
to pay
reverence

3. a gesture
indicative
of

4. the state of being
revered

5. (
initial capital letter
) a
title
used in
addressing
or
mentioning
a member of the clergy
(usually
preceded by
your
or
his
).

verb
(used
with
object)

to
regard
or
treat
with
reverence;
venerate:
His
laws.

"Reverence" is in the Collins Concise Australian Dictionary (7th Ed.) that I've got in front of me, but not "reverencing" as a verb. Checked my Collins thesaurus, too, and again, the word reverencing was not included; however, revere was included as a verb, and I think revering should have been the word used, because I don't think "reverencing" is a word. It's certainly not showing up in my dictionary or thesaurus as a word.

So, are you saying that dictionary.com is wrong for including it as a word? I agree that "revering" sounds better, but "reverencing" actually is a word and it was not misused in the quote, "Don't stop reverencing Him!" If you can "reverence" as a verb, then you can also be "reverencing" as a verb, just as in the definition from dictionary.com indicates.

lmao_99.giffun_84.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1541245.gif

Still, they missed how they live next to a vagina...IN BIKINI BOTTOM!zDuivel7.gif

All that fucktardness, and they miss the pervy parts of the show. Dumbasses.

Reverencing?

rev-er-ence

verb,
rev·er·enced,
rev·er·enc·in
g

noun

a
feeling
or attitude of deep
respect
tinged with awe;
veneration.

2. the
outward
manifestation
of this feeling:
to pay
reverence

3. a gesture
indicative
of

4. the state of being
revered

5. (
initial capital letter
) a
title
used in
addressing
or
mentioning
a member of the clergy
(usually
preceded by
your
or
his
).

verb
(used
with
object)

to
regard
or
treat
with
reverence;
venerate:
His
laws.

So, are you saying that dictionary.com is wrong for including it as a word? I agree that "revering" sounds better, but "reverencing" actually is a word and it was not misused in the quote, "Don't stop reverencing Him!" If you can "reverence" as a verb, then you can also be "reverencing" as a verb, just as in the definition from dictionary.com indicates.

Well, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Which is why I checked my dictionary and thesaurus. "Reverencing" certainly sounds rather awkward, but I'm wondering if the word has become acceptable due to common usage and thus included in Dictionary.com, rather than being a proper, grammatically accepted word.

I have PM'ed Ro-Bear to request his input into this. One thing I have noticed about grammar is the way it makes the English language flow, and the use of that word seemed to interrupt the flow of that sentence.

Perhaps the word is acceptable on it's own, but was not grammatically the right choice within the context of that sentence? I'm just not sure. But something certainly doesn't seem quite right there, and it's really annoying me.

To be fair, common usage is exactly how a lot of words get incorporated into our language. If I were to have written something like that when I was a believer, then I'm pretty sure that I also would have used "revering" instead, because it certainly does sound better. However, if the word "reverncing" is acceptable on its own, then I see no reason why it would be grammatically incorrect in the way it was used. It definitely sounds awkward, but it doesn't seem to be technically wrong.

Speaking of SpongeBob, yes, the Christians love to carry on that it is a gay show also. IDK if any of you have seen "SpongeBob the Movie" but there is a part of it where Patrick is pole-dancing, dressed in drag. I hope to hell that the only reason that was put in there was to give the Christians something to bitch about.

• Like 1

According to my "younger-than-me-somehow-aunt", this is supposed to be "touching":

‎**THIS IS A VERY TOUCHING STORY AND WILL GIVE YOU CHILLS**

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. TRUST ME, IT'S WORTH THE TIME! (:

After a few of the usual Sunday evening hymns, the church's pastor slowly stood up, walked over to the pulpit and, before he gave his sermon for the evening, he briefly introduced a guest minister who was in the service that evening. In the introduction, the pastor told the congregation that the guest minister was one of his dearest childhood friends and that he wanted him to have a few moments to greet the church and share whatever he felt would be appropriate for the service.. with that, an elderly man stepped up the pulpit and began to speak.

'A father, his son, and a friend of his son were sailing off the Pacific Coast' he began. 'When a fast approaching storm blocked any attempt to get back to the shore.... the waves were so high, that even though the father was an experienced sailor, he could not keep the boat upright and the three were swept into the ocean as the boat capsized.'

The old man hesitated for a moment, making eye contact with two teenagers who were, for the first time since the service began, looking somewhat interested in his story.

The aged minister continued with his story, 'Grabbing a rescue line, the father had to make the most excruciating decision of his life: to which boy would he throw the other end of the life line. He only had seconds to make the decision. The father knew that his son was a Christian and he, also, knew that his son's friend was not. The agony of his decision could not be matched by the torrent of waves.

As the father yelled out, 'I love you, Son!' he threw out the life line to his son's friend. By the time the father had pulled the friend back to the capsized boat, his son had disappeared beneath the raging swells into the black of night. His body was never recovered.

By this time, the two teenagers were sitting up straight in the pew, anxiously waiting for the next words to come out of the old minister's mouth. 'The father,' he continued, 'knew his son would step into eternity with Jesus and he could not bear the thought of his son's friend stepping into an eternity without Jesus.. therefore, he sacrificed his son to save the son's friend.'!

How great is the love of God that he should do the same for us..

Our heavenly Father sacrificed His only begotten son that we could be saved..... I urge you to accept His offer to rescue you and take a hold of the life line He is throwing out to you in this service.'

With that, the old man turned and sat back down in his chair as silence filled the room. The pastor again walked slowly to the pulpit and delivered a brief sermon with an invitation at the end. However, no one responded to the appeal.

Within minutes after the service ended, the two teenagers were at the old man's side.

'That was a nice story,' politely stated one of them, 'but I don't think it was very realistic for a father to give up his only son's life in hopes that the other boy would become a Christian.'

'Well, you've got a point there,' the old man replied, glancing down at his worn Bible. A big smile broadened his narrow face. He once again looked at the boys and said, 'It sure isn't very realistic, is it? But, I'm standing here today to tell you that story gives me a glimpse of what it must have been like for God to give up His son for me. You see... I was that father and your pastor is my son's friend.'

UGGGGHHHHH...

• Like 1