Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Man, I have to hear about the End Times and "God's Judgment" from the IHOPers around me, including my housemates. "If Obama gets re-elected, we will have the judgment of God because of gay marriage and abortion!!" Yeah, because when Bush was president, there were no wars, no major natural disasters, no terrorist attacks, etc. Yup. Having a Pro-Life leader worked as a GREAT good luck charm... *eyeroll*

Something fascinating is the repeatable gullibility of people. A few months before the election the candidates advertise their baloney and people buy it. A candidate is elected and doesnt do anything advertised because truthfully 1 president doesn't have that much of an impact over 300 million people. That and the polarity of the 2 parties we have will always result in one group hating the other group's president just cuz. Towards the end of his tour TV networks post the dismal approval rating of the president.

Then we have another election year....the false hope begins again.

• Like 1

Goodbye Jesus
LhnCAhziZ0SvB7vWUzzbpg2.jpg

need more arms.

holy shit... that's just... i really hope that's a poe

Speaking as someone who lost a parent to cancer and had to sit by her bedside and watch her die of it, whoever wrote that can eat a bag of festering dicks.

• Like 5

That is one of the most horrible things I have ever read.

Many Christians do indeed repeat stories they like without fact-checking them, but I don't think it's as much of a "truth be damned" attitude as it is that they naively assume that the minister would only speak the truth and therefore such stories must be true.

Fact checking is not something an xian does with religious ideas. All xian lore is by default exempt from scrutiny.

They're not worried about a story being true only about prosthelytizing some gullible individual. I called bullshit on someone's story not too long ago and while the person admitted that they just heard from a friend of a friend of a friend (and so on), it must be true, besides even it it wasn't true one can see the moral and spiritual uplifting relevance. There's no point in arguing with someone like that.

• Like 1

You know, that's why stuff like the Shroud of Turin and Donation of Constantine got as much steam as they did. If it wasn't true, then by golly it should be true, and that was that. My understanding is that the Shroud at least was viewed with skepticism by some people even when it was first brought out as a "relic;" one must consider that if overwhelming numbers of Christians hadn't held that view that reality was secondary to what we wish were true, we never would have had to worry about it or all sorts of other modern Christian insanities. One reason I left Christianity was realizing that its subjective view of "reality" did not mesh at all with what I could see objectively, and I'm hardly the only person who has had that same epiphany.

Sadly, I used to think this. Well not to these extend but my grandfather was a paraplegic and I used to think that god did this to him for a reason (because my grandfathers faith had to increase because he had to depend on god for everything). I'm pretty ashamed of my old fundi brainwashed way of thinking.

Sadly, I used to think this. Well not to these extend but my grandfather was a paraplegic and I used to think that god did this to him for a reason (because my grandfathers faith had to increase because he had to depend on god for everything). I'm pretty ashamed of my old fundi brainwashed way of thinking.

because when i want to get to know someone intimately, i stricken them with incurable disease.

Being ashamed of thinking that way is like being ashamed that you didn't sing a jaunty tune and dance your way out of the womb. You didn't know what you didn't know. It was a learning process out.

As to the pic. I agree with the double facepalm.

My friend sent me this image:

oalQE.jpg

... speechless at such blinding ignorance ... Thank you for reminding me why I post here, SK.

Do Christians have their own version of the Constitution, like they have their own versions of music and literature? I keep wondering where this Constitution that contains references to us being a Christian nation can be found.

• Like 2

The kingdom of god has a porch... hmmm... sounds more like a group home than the everlasting paradise.

Do Christians have their own version of the Constitution, like they have their own versions of music and literature? I keep wondering where this Constitution that contains references to us being a Christian nation can be found.

"We the true believers of Jebus (and not those goddamn atheists) of these United Christian States of America, in order to form a more perfect union..."

"We the true believers of Jebus (and not those goddamn atheists) of these United Christian States of America, in order to form a more perfect union..."

but not one of them homosexual, queer kinds of unions, because God hates the queers and the fags...

My friend sent me this image:

oalQE.jpg

no. 3 is obviously a troll

no. 3 is obviously a troll

I can't be sure anyone in that pic really means what they say. But if they do, it's disgusting.

I saw a post recently that said only men that truly love Jesus can truly love others. This infuriated me. So your invalidating the love of millions of people just because they don't share your views? Wendystop.gif

• Like 1

Got this one today:

"Satan is on the move and I rebuke thee in the name of Jesus."

rebuke, now that's a 3 dollar word you don't hear very often. lol

and does using a Shakespearian era pronoun give it more umph?

I saw a post recently that said only men that truly love Jesus can truly love others. This infuriated me. So your invalidating the love of millions of people just because they don't share your views? Wendystop.gif

So... Men can love jesus, and that is a good thing, but men loving other men is an abomination in the eyes of god? Sounds like god's confused lol

• Like 1

When I was in Sunday school about 6 months ago this one douche that's involved in some type of "ministry" said that shit. It took all the strength I ha not to punch him in the back of the fucking neck.

Got this one today:

Strange. I use to hear the word "rebuke" all the time, especially back when I was in high school. My HS was part of an organization that loved to rebuke during prayers.

Got this one today:

Strange. I use to hear the word "rebuke" all the time, especially back when I was in high school. My HS was part of an organization that loved to rebuke during prayers.

Yeah, "rebuke" is (or at least used to be) a very common word among fundies. I know I've heard it a bazillion times.