Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

How does one do that? I might have to delete my fb profile if it is true.... feel free to PM me on the details.

On an unrelated note, my openly gay Christian Republican pro-life cousin has been annoying me lately with his posts. I thnk he must be the only gay Christian Republican pro-lifer in the world, and I have had a hard time refraining myself from commenting on his ridiculous posts.

You must not watch Survivor, Colton anyone?

How does one do that? I might have to delete my fb profile if it is true.... feel free to PM me on the details.

On an unrelated note, my openly gay Christian Republican pro-life cousin has been annoying me lately with his posts. I thnk he must be the only gay Christian Republican pro-lifer in the world, and I have had a hard time refraining myself from commenting on his ridiculous posts.

I managed to be a not-utterly-anti-gay pro-choice Christian Republican for the last couple of years before deconversion. Don't underestimate the power of cognitive dissonance.

>>>>>eyeballs. If he's that imbued with the Howling Spit, why does he feel the need to do that? <<<<<<<

Howling Spit.

What an appropriate description. Well done.

Might as well have said "I'M A MEALY MOUTHED, WILDLY IGNORANT CUNT FERRET WHO CAN'T THINK, JUST INSULT THINGS THAT ARE DIFFERENT AND SCARY THAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAAAANNNDD!!"

LOL,

How there hell to do come up this stuff. Fetus gnome. Cunt Ferret. Your head is an interesting place.

I'm sure this has been brought up before in this thread, but OMG. A "friend" just "liked" this image on Facebook:

545671_10151193479722355_1928642528_n.jpg

Who the fuck is that white guy?

For more of this shyte, check out the group "Jesus Daily" and prepare to look like this: Wendytwitch.gif and prepare to puke.

https://www.facebook.com/JesusDaily

bumper sticker:

"only two defining people have ever offered to die for you.

1. Jesus Christ

2. An American Soldier."

fascism anyone?

I find this kind of thing frustrating: http://artandtheever.../10/04/look-up/

A christian friend posted it to facebook. While I agree nature is beautiful, I get really annoyed at the "praise God for the miracle of it!" attitude.

Yeah, the cherry-picked attributions to God annoy me too. See what you think of this: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/53684-thank-you-god/

I'm sure this has been brought up before in this thread, but OMG. A "friend" just "liked" this image on Facebook:

545671_10151193479722355_1928642528_n.jpg

Who the fuck is that white guy?

For more of this shyte, check out the group "Jesus Daily" and prepare to look like this: Wendytwitch.gif and prepare to puke.

https://www.facebook.com/JesusDaily

Fuck it, when did my ghey cousin emigrate to the USA?

2mdnwbo.jpg

Good stuff this weekend.

Ever see that SF story about the Star of Bethlehem being an exploded supernova that destroyed countless billions of lives just so the Magi could get to the manger? I thought of it when I saw that image of the star above... wondering how many trillions of lives are represented by the atoms in that star and why God needed to design a cosmos that required so much death to make life.

Daniel (DSWrites - he's not on here much) told me about that same story this weekend!!! MIND. BLOWN. • • =3

It's a zeitgeist thing. Did he talk about Good Omens? Because I'm over here comparing Vito's assistant in Fifth Element to Newton Pulsifer.

OH OH OH I HAVE SOMETHING ORIGINAL TO ADD HERE EVERYBODY

I have a YouTube channel. Mostly I just use it to post fucking adorable kitten videos of a kitten I used to have (oh and they are FUCKING ADORABLE and if you and I have exchanged witticisms on this site and you want the URL I will PM it to you) and keep track of the various heathen videos I like on a private list. But some fundie has decided that I AM HIS PROJECT. He's so far accused me of being miserable, living in a basement, and being an atheist--all due to one mocking comment I made on a video testimonial made by a hypocritical Christian douchebag who got caught hitting on a girl on a plane flight. It's fucking hilare. NOTHING brings out the control-freak in a fundie like someone disagreeing with him about his fake god.

Ever see that SF story about the Star of Bethlehem being an exploded supernova that destroyed countless billions of lives just so the Magi could get to the manger? I thought of it when I saw that image of the star above... wondering how many trillions of lives are represented by the atoms in that star and why God needed to design a cosmos that required so much death to make life.

Daniel (DSWrites - he's not on here much) told me about that same story this weekend!!! MIND. BLOWN. • • =3

I think that was "The Star," by Arthur C. Clarke.

I think that was "The Star," by Arthur C. Clarke.

THATZ EET!!!!1!!1111

Aha! LOVE that story. Thanks for the linkie, T2M. You are a prince.

bumper sticker:

"only two defining people have ever offered to die for you.

1. Jesus Christ

2. An American Soldier."

fascism anyone?

But what if I didn't want Jesus to die for me?

I need links to adorable kitten videos! Please?

So that dude that I previously posted about said this as his status:

Since my FB page is now nothing more than a radio show in which I don't get spoken to unless I speak first... I have an involved question for everyone. I feel that women have pretty much as a whole overrun men. A guy at work says that we guys are not going through squat compared to what women went through before equal rights. I feel that it's about time to just view both as equals. Debate...

I said:

How are men being overrun by women?

He says:

Thanks everyone but Shannon. Some people just can't open their eyes. You need to get out more, Shannon. I want you to answer that.

I don't even know what to say.

I finally responded:

So you refuse to answer my question? I'd say I have a pretty equal relationship with my fiance. I don't believe in sex roles, except during sex. ;) Evenso, men still have better career opportunities and pay overall than women in the professional world. The only way I see men overrun by women is the increasing objectification of women in media. I think that is unfair to men. Enlighten me on anything else you see, perhaps I am truly blind.

His reply was this:

I can't convince you, so I'm not gonna try. I'll make this little point, though-- No one wears blue for prostate cancer.

I said this:

You are going to begrudge a whole sex for having more support for a disease? I'll concede men don't go around wearing blue ribbons for prostate cancer... if you don't like it, start the movement yourself. I think the ribbon crap is a bunch of insincere bullcrap anyway, if you ask me. I am curious in what other areas you feel men are being oppressed or overrun by women. I really don't understand.

• Like 1

How there hell to do come up this stuff. Fetus gnome. Cunt Ferret. Your head is an interesting place.

Yes. Yes it is. ;)

So that dude that I previously posted about said this as his status:

Since my FB page is now nothing more than a radio show in which I don't get spoken to unless I speak first... I have an involved question for everyone. I feel that women have pretty much as a whole overrun men. A guy at work says that we guys are not going through squat compared to what women went through before equal rights. I feel that it's about time to just view both as equals. Debate...

I said:

How are men being overrun by women?

He says:

Thanks everyone but Shannon. Some people just can't open their eyes. You need to get out more, Shannon. I want you to answer that.

I don't even know what to say.

He refuses to answer a woman's question, and he thinks women are UBER RULERS OF ALL THE TESTICLES.

May I find him and hit him? Please? With a brick?

• Like 2

His reply was this:

I can't convince you, so I'm not gonna try. I'll make this little point, though-- No one wears blue for prostate cancer.

I said this:

You are going to begrudge a whole sex for having more support for a disease? I'll concede men don't go around wearing blue ribbons for prostate cancer... if you don't like it, start the movement yourself. I think the ribbon crap is a bunch of insincere bullcrap anyway, if you ask me. I am curious in what other areas you feel men are being oppressed or overrun by women. I really don't understand.

Men are also susceptible to breast cancer.

Ugh... such a silly man...the way to equality for both sexes is not to blame the other sex.

Positive reinforcement trumps negative. Give people good reasons to strive for equality and they'll want it. Bitching about things usually only causes strife.

• Like 1

Sounds like this guy has major emotional issues to me, Pandora. Like most fundies, he's confusing "loss of unwarranted privileges" with "being persecuted." No, not getting his way all the damn time and not being able to treat women like second citizens anymore doesn't mean he's being "overrun"--a term he can't even define, much less provide evidence for. He's got this vague sense that something's been taken away, but can't figure out what that might be--and bristles at the mere idea of a woman, ONE OF THE OPPRESSORS, asking him to clarify his position. It'd still be bad if a man had made such a request, but a woman doing so seems exponentially worse. He's like a tantrum-throwing toddler when his parent asks him to "use his words". He can't, and not being able to makes his frustration and rage even more powerful. If you persist, be kind and gentle, but refuse to back down. Call him out on not answering you or clarifying his position or providing evidence. He's used to people at church nodding their heads in unison, bob-bob-bobbing along with him and not requiring anything more than his impassioned fervency. He's not used to challenges, especially not from someone he views as an inferior getting uppity.

PS: I tried to send you a linky and it said you weren't able to receive new messages. No idea what that means, but I tried.

• Like 2

His reply was this:

I said this:

Men are also susceptible to breast cancer.

This true.

Women obviously have more breast tissue than men. Therefore, they are more likely to get cancer just because of volume.

On the ribbons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons

Prostate cancer is light blue. Along with about 4 other things.

Almost all the primary colors have multiple meanings. The reason the pink ribbon is so entwined with breast cancer is because Komen has an excellent marketing department.

Also prostate cancer rarely is fatal. Breast cancer has at least 4 different primary genomes and depending on which you get range from completely benign to awesomely aggressive

Tell your friend to go to http://www.mgtowforums.com/ and hang with his misogynistic buddies.

• Like 4

Hmm... my inbox must be full. I'll delete some messages and you can try again, Akheia. Thanks!

He just stops talking to me when I challenge him or call him out. I do think he has serious emotional issues and major misogyny going on... I feel so bad for his poor wife. I'm losing the motivation to try and reason with him. Seems pretty pointless and the amusement factor has faded. Although I'm sure he'll say something again soon that gets me all riled up. ;)

then troll him.

645-troll-face.jpg

Eh, I kinda already do.. pretending to be curious about God and the Bible when I have really already made up my mind. Trolling sincere people is kinda mean and I have a limit. Although, I wouldn't be against one of you finding him and giving him a good run for his money... LOL