Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

61424_10200098583411594_612551240_n.jpg

I think I just threw up a little.

I could post a few of the photos my Facebook resident fundy posts, but they're usually so many! The entire content of their FB page qualifies for this thread. First, they are a husband and wife who share a FB profile, so I never know who's posting what.

Predictably, the bible is listed as one of their favorite books. However, they also have listed a book called Pigs in the Parlor. Anyone heard of that one? I checked and it looks insane.

They "like" the most bizarre evangelists, of course believe in hell and demons... extremely supersticious. The guy claims to have seen angels once.

You would think they're an old uneducated couple, but they're in their early forties, with college degrees, and the guy is a district attorney.

Intense religious superstition must cause irreversible brain damage in some people...

Intense religious superstition must cause irreversible brain damage in some people

I had wondered about that, hearing the voice of God, seeing angels and demons ... oh dear :| So glad I never had such a gift of the spirit, eh

Predictably, the bible is listed as one of their favorite books. However, they also have listed a book called Pigs in the Parlor. Anyone heard of that one? I checked and it looks insane.

A quick Google search for the title lead me to this page. I almost spat out my coffee, if I had been drinking any: http://www.demonbuster.com/howtoid6.html

Demon Buster! That's one of my favorite looney sites ever. Even when I was still drinkin' the Cool-Aid I would make fun of that site.

A quick Google search for the title lead me to this page. I almost spat out my coffee, if I had been drinking any: http://www.demonbust...m/howtoid6.html

Demon-busters? eek.gif

Thank gawd I made it outta the cult. Who knows what kind of nuttiness I'd be indulging in?

A quick Google search for the title lead me to this page. I almost spat out my coffee, if I had been drinking any: http://www.demonbust...m/howtoid6.html

From that website:

"WARNING SIGNALS - POSSIBLE NEED FOR DELIVERANCE

Characteristics noted below merit a closer look when they are pronounced, persistent or recurrent over a period of time, or progressive - tending to become more, rather than less, extreme. The following thumbnail descriptions of behavior can be a call for help:

1. Confused or disordered thinking: loss of touch with reality - delusions (persistence of erroneous convictions in the face of contrary evidence) - hallucinations; disconnected speech."

The website "How To Identify And Detect A Demon" is a cry for help! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Not specifically a xtian thing, but it might as well be:

559720_396476517101252_566392454_n.jpg

I am resisting the urge to say some very harsh words.

hmm.. I thought maybe my poor diet was the reason behind my tiredness and lack of sleep, but I guess I'm just demon-possessed.

Dude needs a web designer STAT.

• Like 1

From the demonbuster page: "Magical arts, divination, wizardry, jugglers, enchantments....." Jugglers...lol

• Like 2

Let us pray pay for him :P

This friend isn't even a fundie...

I really want to respond "AND SO DOES A JUG OF MILK!" tongue.png

photo1.jpg

This friend isn't even a fundie...

I really want to respond "AND SO DOES A JUG OF MILK!" tongue.png

Haha, yea I thought the whole 'God has three responses' bit was 1. Not biblical, and 2. Beyond logically destroyed. I'm surprised to see it! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I'm reposting something I originally meant to put on this thread, though I couldn't find it at the time.

[OP: Prayer before meals!! "GOOD DOGS"!]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6bL83U_AZc

[OP comment: Dogs are Humans too, we should treat and teach them well also!! ]

This one today, posted by a pastor who has a chronic painful condition for which he has prayed for decades, traveled

afar for various medical treatments, and has now just had another surgery for the condition to alleviate his pain.

559681_518733474815262_1372248661_n.jpg

I just don't get it. "Nobody else was"? All his praying fans, not to mention the nurses and docs that were there for him even though

his god wasn't.

Gawd. The lunacy.

• Like 3

trt19ROFLPIMP.gif

A cousin just posted a video of her 5 year old son saying "his monthly verse". Of course she and her fundy friends commented how "awesome" (do christians own the word awesome?) it is.

..............and the brainwashing continues

Saw a fantastic bumper sticker the other day: "Jesus loves you - everybody else thinks you're an asshole"

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/a9579/products/2136/images/712/Jesus_Loves_You_Everyone_Else_Thinks_Youre_An_Asshole__87349.1326178139.1280.1280.jpg

saw a church sign the other day that said something to the effect that

Christmas was about receiving, not giving.

on the reverse, the sign said

What's the big deal about Christmas; eternal life is a free gift.

To both of these I was like,

OpoQQ.jpg

Cause the gift weren't free. Given the blood thirstiness of god somebody HAD to die.

Hello everyone. I must tell you that this thread has been so enlightening for me as I have been reading it for a while now as a lurker. So many wonderful points have been brought up. It surely has given me lots to think about. It's all so scary and exciting at the same time. Some of the comments make me laugh because of the many doubts I have been having. I have had a lot of questions answered because of this thread.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 3

Hello everyone. I must tell you that this thread has been so enlightening for me as I have been reading it for a while now as a lurker. So many wonderful points have been brought up. It surely has given me lots to think about. It's all so scary and exciting at the same time. Some of the comments make me laugh because of the many doubts I have been having. I have had a lot of questions answered because of this thread.

Thanks a lot.

It's nice to hear from you, Pixie. Feel free start a thread on a topic that you have questions about. This is a good place to vent as well. Sometimes it's hard being an unbeliever in a believing community.

This one is just weird... i think she wants to have secks with cheesus:

430693_385834454825015_22891665_n.jpg

Eeeeewww. That is so totally creepy.

All my suspicions are now confirmed, Jesus is the original hippie, the don diggidy fa' shizzo, greatest sex icon of all time, bringing women to the knees for over 2000 years. Now I understand why he must've thought he was God. Mofo had the power to erect the dead, the cross, omg, it's like he's trying to stick one in the ground! lolol

Thing is, I remember attending a fundy church and talking with a friend, wondering why God didn't bring someone into my life. I was very lonely. She told me that Jesus wanted to be my husband first, that he wanted me all to himself for a while.

Even then, that just didn't compute with me. I mean dude, I love you, but I'm not IN love with you. The whole thing just came off as very creepy.

Thing is, I remember attending a fundy church and talking with a friend, wondering why God didn't bring someone into my life. I was very lonely. She told me that Jesus wanted to be my husband first, that he wanted me all to himself for a while.

Even then, that just didn't compute with me. I mean dude, I love you, but I'm not IN love with you. The whole thing just came off as very creepy.

I recall thinking to myself (since I could never actually say this out loud) whenever someone said something like that to me before I met my wife, "Yeah, but I can't exactly have sex with Jesus, can I? And even if I could, since I'm a guy, that's not exactly smiled upon in the church, is it?"

• Like 1