Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Gawd, that "poem" is disgusting. I am appalled. There is no way to make sense of CT, and that ^^^ is just beyond words.

I keep thinking, "What would I have posted if I'd been on Facebook when I was a fundy?" <Cringe>

Bleeeechhh! ugh.gif That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever read!  Every child wants to see mommy and daddy after school.  Not Jeebus. I am not positive, but I think two of the kids were Jewish.  Doesn't say what they would be thinking.

The first couple of kids were buried today. One was named Noah Posner and a rabbi officiated at his funeral.

I wonder what the clueless, arrogant, non-empathetic, fundie asshole who wrote that ghastly screed thinks about that.

• Like 5

Just saw this on my newsfeed, and it got a ton of likes:

"Why Live for the world if all things are going to rust away one day?? Why save up money trying to be rich when you can die and loose all your hard work and money in a heart beat??? Why sleep with all kinds of girls when God has planned the one and only girl for you??? Why would you sleep with someone elses future wife?? Why would you desire luxury, fame, and wealth when you know your never going to be satisfied?? Why would you give yourself to someone knowing its wrong just to look cool?? Why praise the hip hop singers like 2 chainz, lil wayn etc.. instead of listening to your parents and praising the God who created you??? Why store up treasures on earth when one day all the treasures will fade away??? why???????????? Escape from that and Lean on to God, because when your life ends, and you dont believe, then theres one destination left for you to go! Christianity is NOT a religion, religions are man made, Christianity is a relationship with God, the one and only True God, whome sent his son on earth and many witnessed him and when he died and came back alive. Get Saved before its too late♥"

^^^ I'm speechless. Wowzers. Wendytwitch.gif  This status certainly does not capture my experience with crazyianity....

Christianity is NOT a religion, religions are man made, Christianity is a relationship with God, the one and only True God, whome sent his son on earth and many witnessed him and when he died and came back alive. Get Saved before its too late♥"

This "Christianity is not a religion" stuff has to stop.  I guess since these fundy idiots only read the Bible, they're not able to bust open a dictionary.

• Like 1

Going to delete my aunt, methinks...

eric.JPG

Christianity is NOT a religion, religions are man made, Christianity is a relationship with God, the one and only True God, whome sent his son on earth and many witnessed him and when he died and came back alive. Get Saved before its too late♥"

This "Christianity is not a religion" stuff has to stop.  I guess since these fundy idiots only read the Bible, they're not able to bust open a dictionary.

I think the same thing, they obviously have no idea what the word Religion means.

One of my Christian friends thinks it means Cult, facepalm!!!!

awseome response you gave 

People keep on praying for peace, but it doesn't seem to stick. :-) Oh well, blame the non-believers.

532383_10102109311200260_1057184499_n.jp

Ah...you beat me to it. 

"Someone once told me I didn't have the "shock factor" to do great things for God. But the only factor that determines doing big things for God is the "God Factor".

Rule #1: Stay away from people who think your success is based on worldly factors

Rule #2: Surround yourself with people who believe God can do much with little, including you."

Aka: Don't listen to anyone who doesn't agree with you.

My FB pet fundies have been mocking the people who believed the world was going to end today.

These are the same people who list their two favorite books as: the bible and Pigs in the Parlor

The same people who claim to have seen warrior angels guarding their church,

and who don't celebrate Halloween because it is "demonic".

And the same people who smugly say that even if the world ended or were to die today, they know where they're going. "And you?".

Oh, holy blindspots. I refuse to engage them because they're family, so this thread is my only outlet.

My FB pet fundies have been mocking the people who believed the world was going to end today.

These are the same people who list their two favorite books as: the bible and Pigs in the Parlor

And the same people who smugly say that even if the world ended or were to die today, they know where they're going. "And you?".

Oh, holy blindspots. I refuse to engage them because they're family, so this thread is my only outlet.

I was an ex-Christian but still going to church when Harold Camping peaked.  I remember going to church the next Sunday and all the Christians were laughing at him.  I just kept a poker face when they said they knew he was wrong because the Bible says "no man can knows the hour".  

*face palm*   *double face palm*    *head desk*      Wendybanghead.gif

I was an ex-Christian but still going to church when Harold Camping peaked.  I remember going to church the next Sunday and all the Christians were laughing at him.  I just kept a poker face when they said they knew he was wrong because the Bible says "no man can knows the hour".  

And I bet they said a prayer to save themselves just in case tongue.png

Oh fictional god. 

Anyone seen this floater?

["Interesting..."]

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!
Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:
"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. 

Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs, 
Your words are empty air. 
You've stripped away our heritage, 
You've outlawed simple prayer. 
Now gunshots fill our classrooms, 
And precious children die. 
You seek for answers everywhere, 
And ask the question "Why?" 
You regulate restrictive laws, 
Through legislative creed. 
And yet you fail to understand, 
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone! 

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

- Darrell Scott
Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can. 
God Bless

I responded with this, let's see if I get congratulated or ripped apart. 

[Did you readhttp://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/scott.asp ? It's unacceptable for the author of this post to emotionalize a piece like this, misrepresent what happened, and offer only one unsupported perspective from the whole story. 
If you agree with the author's opinion, I'd suggest you stay away from 'straw man' arguments in order to maintain integrity of your position.]

So they're less crazy because they had the sense not to name a specific date for when a zombie wizard will come and take everybody away in the clouds to go to a sky city with streets of gold?

• Like 1

:D

And isn't it funny that Christians deny the fact that heaven just means sky?

I call it "cloud surfin' with jeebus"

• Like 1

I can't remember exactly how this onewent, but it was referring to the world ending this year. It basically said ' silly people who thought the world was going to end. Did you really think God would make it that easy?'

Not only does God cause pestilence (I won't even touch that one); apparently, avalanches are also the miraculous work of a loving, all-powerful God.

A friend posted the following Spurgeon quote on Facebook this evening:

"I believe that every particle of dust that dances in the sunbeam does not move an atom more or less than God wishes - that every particle of spray that dashes against the steamboat has its orbit, as well as the sun in the heavens - that the chaff from the hand of the winnower is steered as the stars in their courses. The creeping of an aphid over the rosebud is as much fixed as the march of the devastating pestilence - the fall of . . . leaves from a poplar is as fully ordained as the tumbling of an avalanche." Charles Spurgeon

And, man, I REALLY want to reply with just this link: http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing/story/_/id/8459036/a-tribute-34-people-killed-us-avalanches-2012

But, that would start a debate or something, I'm sure.  Remember, I'm still in the closet as an unbeliever...  But, seriously, can they hear themselves?  Does my friend not see what he's implying??

Well if you want to be really clever you respond with:

Thanks for that message you don't know how glad I am to read that. Okay what it is is that someone posted this link on his wall http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing/story/_/id/8459036/a-tribute-34-people-killed-us-avalanches-2012 and it's like people don't understand that God has a plan for all of us

:lol:

When you are down to nothing God is up to something *puke*

307604_397582653660170_121209705_n.jpg

barf. IF prayer were real (and god were real and yad, yada) what would be the point in this? Couldn't he "hear" you without the "Dear Lord" tacked on front if you're not really saying anything any damn way? And why are xtians so obsessed with children? Half of the fucking pictures I see are of kids doing things with a "prayer" typed over the image.

why are xtians so obsessed with children? 

If they don't brainwash them at a young age they will never believe in it!

Here's a good Christmas one that came up on my newsfeed:

546697_534856086526088_208963846_n.jpg