Goodbye Jesus

Theists. Does This Do Anything To Your Consciousness?

Greatest I am

Theists. Does this do anything to you consciousness?

I direct this question more to literalists and fundamentals who read the Bible literally. Others of course are welcome to comment.

Let me point out that I think of the Bible as a book of wisdom that it is a consolidation of many of the older religions of that day and is a good book to help us seek God by analyzing the old myths. If read literally, the reader will miss out on the rather wonderful thinking stimulated by it and miss the purpose that the book was put together point to. I do not disrespect it but have little respect for literal readers for that reason. They end up idol worshiping a book of myths.

PLEASE SEE THE TIE IN TO THE TYTLE ON POST #2

This scholar speaks to the archeology that is killing the historicity of the Bible.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2569440864215926514#

This scholar is showing the plagiarizing and or forgeries of scriptures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpHpLrJVHY&feature=player_embedded#at=437

It is interesting to note that both of these prominent scholars came from fundamentalist religions before their research, as well as the scholars they quote, changed their overall views.

They, like myself do not want to dissuade the search for God but only want to point out that God may be bigger than the pigeon hole/Bible that theist have put him in. As a religionist, to me, God is big enough to be everyone’s God. Not just a chosen few. Theists should like this notion because then, God, if real, remains now, as in the beginning, master of all and not just master of some.

Regards

DL

They, like myself do not want to dissuade the search for God but only want to point out that God may be bigger than the pigeon hole/Bible that theist have put him in. As a religionist, to me, God is big enough to be everyone’s God. Not just a chosen few. Theists should like this notion because then, God, if real, remains now, as in the beginning, master of all and not just master of some.

Regards

DL

We need to let go of this tribalism-based way of believing in religions. I think we as humans are just starting to realize there's much more world out there than the little parts we live in. People in different religions (or no religion) are all the same. We're all human beings, we all think and act basically the same way, we all have the same desires and emotions, and our religions all serve the same purpose. But Christians still draw the line at their beliefs, that they have 'real' truth. It's a trigger to their egos, so that they can't even trust themselves when they want to question it, they would rather have the effect that the ego gives them. It's so satisfying to have the secret of the universe, to have the 'real' religion that's better than all the rest. It's like a sickness that produces sick results that many here are very familiar with.

Christians are literalists until they get trapped in the their own doctrine, then the scriptures called into question then become allegorical.

• Like 3

Regards

DL

We need to let go of this tribalism-based way of believing in religions. I think we as humans are just starting to realize there's much more world out there than the little parts we live in. People in different religions (or no religion) are all the same. We're all human beings, we all think and act basically the same way, we all have the same desires and emotions, and our religions all serve the same purpose. But Christians still draw the line at their beliefs, that they have 'real' truth. It's a trigger to their egos, so that they can't even trust themselves when they want to question it, they would rather have the effect that the ego gives them. It's so satisfying to have the secret of the universe, to have the 'real' religion that's better than all the rest. It's like a sickness that produces sick results that many here are very familiar with.

Good view. I agree

Regards

DL

Christians are literalists until they get trapped in the their own doctrine, then the scriptures called into question then become allegorical.

Yes. They lie like rugs.

That or their, you are taking it out of context or you have to have faith.

This from those who are supposed to be so honest.

This may be part of why some atheists are getting more militant, if I can use that word.

They are tired of being jerked around and thought of as stupid by the liars.

Regards

DL

• Like 1