Goodbye Jesus

Drug use?

Foxy Methoxy

Awww, don't hate on the Salvia just because your synapses are burnt :HaHa: Seriously, It's a profound experience, and the visuals are unlike anything I have ever experienced before or since, although very unpleasant, principally because of the fact that I did not realise that I was on a drug during the peak. Foxy, is it possible that you tried some bunk Salvia, or did you try it more than once with different stashes with no effect? I have a hard time believing that this drug could have ZERO effect when taken at a breakthrough dose. No offense, I'm just looking for a rational explanation.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxy Methoxy

• Jose

• HuaiDan

• Dianka

Unfortunately, I've tried a couple of different ones with no effect. From what I've read, only 60% of people can experience a trip on the plant. I suppose that means I'm no shaman.

I'm a quantity druggie.

Some people are afraid of never coming down.

I'm afraid of ever coming down... thus my habit of freaking out, thinking I'm sober already, and then taking more to make sure I'm not getting ripped off by coming down before anyone else.

I used to do that with weed before I realized what the word "creeper" meant. :lmao: Gods, that was years ago.

Me and Foxy had a 4th of July this year that lasted for 3 days.

THREE DAYS.

Fucking awesome.

106902[/snapback]

Back in the 80's we used to trip for entire weekends. We would drop 2 and wait for about 3-4 hours and drop another one or two. As long as you dropped again before you came down it would just prolong the high. The best trip I had was with the carpet eating fish, I took a shower and the colors would explode and then run into each other bringing out new colors.

Can I have some links too? Please! I would like to try something that would only last a couple of hours, just long enough to use while I meditated.

www.blissherbs.com is the most reliable site on the net, but they're currently out of Spirit Walk (4-HO-DiPT). I don't really care for the other stuff on their site, though. Amaunita 25x isn't bad when smoked. Snurf is absolutely disgusting. And Crystal does nothing.

My question is, without the influence of Christian morals, what is your viewpoint on occasional drug use?

I could care less, as long as it doesn't seriously endanger me. If it does though...

I'm not asking if you use any substances, or if you feel they should be legalized.

You may not be asking, but I'll answer anyway. Yes, using mind altering substances should be decriminalized, unless the substance in question generally turns you into a dangerous maniac.

I'm just asking if you feel (on a social level) concerned at all about drug use and if your perspective has changed on this matter since de-converting.

101563[/snapback]

I don't think my perspective has really changed, but I'm willing to admit it now. I was a hypocrite before - willing to engage in whatever I chose while condeming those who chose differently or more abusively.

I've got some en route to me now.

Full report on Salvia coming soon.

Have you tried the Salvia, Jose? I'm curious to hear about your experiment.

• 1 month later...

Don't worry, Foxy... Salvia doesn't work for me either. But I haven't tried it in three years or so... maybe it is time to try again.

I smoked some pot about a year after leaving the church and it's not something I care to do again... I think it had a little extra "sump'n/sump'n" in it... I was seeing these freaky neon flashing rainbows. I was basically physically incapacitated for about 4 hours, and I HATED that feeling of not being in control of my own body/life. LOL, I could have stayed in the church and gotten *that* feeling for free.

Alcohol does horrible things to some peoples' lives, yet it's perfectly legal. And of course, some church people are as uptight about legal alcohol use as they are about illegal drug use. I've spent lots of time around drinkers (both as a backslider, and later as a confirmed post-Christian), not much around folks using or abusing drugs.

For me, "don't use drugs" was just one of those things on a long list of rules about what you aren't supposed to do, or even question. I always thought there was some hypocrisy about drugs being an abuse of your "temple of the Holy Spirit," while things like smoking tobacco and being fat because you ate lots of fast food and didn't exercise was tolerated to a higher degree in the church.

I have very little first- or secondhand experience with the consequences of drug addiction. I guess now, I'd be more concerned about someone slipping me a Roofie® than anything else. :scratch:

Any news yet, Jose?

Did it over the holiday weekend and...

Mildly trippy feeling, not really anything special. I get more fucked up on expresso and sleep deprivation.

Also, it tastes like ass.

nofun.jpg

Next trip report:

Organically derived DMT crystals. Stay tuned, true believers. This is gonna be fun.

Foxy:

As a christian I obviously was against every drug and didn't take anything badder than coffee. I did get some pretty freaky states of mind using coffee and lack of sleep during exam weeks though. :lmao: Getting out of religion and spending time with 'wordly people' got me to rethink a bit my position. I don't really care if people take drugs as long as they don't throw away their future for a high. If someone likes to smoke a joint here or there, it's okay people need to relax. But don't burn your brains away on that shit, it's really stupid!

As for alcohol, I was a bit uncomfortable with it at first but I've learned to like it in moderation (I hate being sick on that stuff). I never really got exposed to anything harder than second-hand pot smoke but I didn't like the feeling of mind numbness that followed. I felt like I couldn't line up a thought after the other and it kinda freaked me out. I guess I like to stay in control of my own body. :shrug:

Interesting experiences you guys got, it's like reading an explorer's diary "Here be dragons... beware!". I can't say I'll ever try that stuff but E. sounds like the safest thing on the market if you're careful.

DH

Any news yet, Jose?

Did it over the holiday weekend and...

Mildly trippy feeling, not really anything special. I get more fucked up on expresso and sleep deprivation.

Also, it tastes like ass.

nofun.jpg

Did you do it proper?

In other words, 10x extract with a high-temp torch lighter and no waterpipe?

I no longer do drugs (except the very occassional roll), but I did have some fun with pot and salvia once upon a time. We crushed up a bunch of leaves and used a high temp torch. I managed to have some nice closed-eye visuals. At first I could see my feet tapping to the music (eyes closed). Then I would see people walking by me and smiling. Also, neat winamp-esque visualizations with some blinking lights up against my eyelids. After this, I could do this whenever I smoked for awhile (at least the last part).

Oh yeah, and ex does really mess with your serotonin system. Fortunately, I never really abused it, but I had to supplement with 5-htp for a long time to build up my serotonin levels again. In fact, I'll still load on 5-htp every once in a while. Makes for nice, comfy sleep and good dreams.

I think, honestly, that pot really is what screwed with me the most though. I developed an anxiety disorder and I still feel residual fogginess even now. Uggh, it was great for awhile though. I had really fantastic contemplations. Saw how things worked, but it ended up just getting my mind running a million directions and feeling really detached. Concentration is still very difficult for me, especially when I am not fully rested.

Anyway, I guess that's enough for now.

_/\_

DMT report - neat stuff, but nothing to write home about. It wears off in 30 minutes right on the nose. Smoked 50mg out of a glass pipe and another 50mg 2 minutes later. The smoke smells like burning plastic. There's no real high or euphoria and the visuals are not that big of a deal to me. My mind felt totaly clear and not altered the way LSD or Iprocin make me feel. No real experience to describe. After reading about people believing they had entered an alternate reality or had been abducted by aliens after smoking DMT, I guess my hopes were a little too high. Not only did I not get abducted by greys, I did not "see" anything out of the ordinary. I just felt like I was wearing acid goggles.

Oh yeah, and ex does really mess with your serotonin system. Fortunately, I never really abused it, but I had to supplement with 5-htp for a long time to build up my serotonin levels again.

Are you sure it was the E? What are you basing this on? How do you know how much seratonin your pineal gland is producing at any time? It takes a series of CT scans, MRI's, X-Rays and spinal fluid tests to verify if there are problems with seratonin production. Although 5-HTP is a seratonin precursor and has theraputic benefits as a sleep aid, appetite suppressant, etc., I've never seen a conclusive study that:

1. links MDMA to seratonin syndrome

2. links 5-HTP to correcting pineal dysfunction

Remember that 5-HTP is a wonder drug and that many problems related to mood can be corrected with this supplement. But be careful about deciding what the causes of your mood related problems are. Ecstasy is the easy culprit to blame, but many people overlook other factors. For instance, diet soda has been linked to serious seratonin problems, but people rarely link these problems to their diet soda intake. They take E a handful of times and think that they have wrecked their brains, but continue to consume a substance (in this example, diet soda) that is proven to eat brain cells and create pineal problems that result in seratonin levels being off.

Fortunately, I never really abused it, but I had to supplement with 5-htp for a long time to build up my serotonin levels again. In fact, I'll still load on 5-htp every once in a while. Makes for nice, comfy sleep and good dreams.

You suppose that's why I have really f*cked up nightmares after rolling twice in one week? That, and i still catch myself clenching my teeth even though I haven't touched the stuff in over a month. Really the only unpleasant side effects I've experienced from e. My mind's as clear as a bell, which is more than I can say for smoking weed, even after a month's abstinence.

Oh yeah, and ex does really mess with your serotonin system. Fortunately, I never really abused it, but I had to supplement with 5-htp for a long time to build up my serotonin levels again.

Are you sure it was the E? What are you basing this on? How do you know how much seratonin your pineal gland is producing at any time? It takes a series of CT scans, MRI's, X-Rays and spinal fluid tests to verify if there are problems with seratonin production. Although 5-HTP is a seratonin precursor and has theraputic benefits as a sleep aid, appetite suppressant, etc., I've never seen a conclusive study that:

1. links MDMA to seratonin syndrome

2. links 5-HTP to correcting pineal dysfunction

Remember that 5-HTP is a wonder drug and that many problems related to mood can be corrected with this supplement. But be careful about deciding what the causes of your mood related problems are. Ecstasy is the easy culprit to blame, but many people overlook other factors. For instance, diet soda has been linked to serious seratonin problems, but people rarely link these problems to their diet soda intake. They take E a handful of times and think that they have wrecked their brains, but continue to consume a substance (in this example, diet soda) that is proven to eat brain cells and create pineal problems that result in seratonin levels being off.

Foxy, can you link some good sites for research on this subject. I've never done anything harder than alcohol or weed but I would like to investigate this issue just for intellectual curiosity if nothing else. A google search ends up giving me a bunch of drug war-influenced crap on the subject.

Did you do it proper?

In other words, 10x extract with a high-temp torch lighter and no waterpipe?

Actually I did the 25x with a butane torch (a Colibri Quantum) and a standard metal pot pipe.

El nada.

Foxy, can you link some good sites for research on this subject. I've never done anything harder than alcohol or weed but I would like to investigate this issue just for intellectual curiosity if nothing else. A google search ends up giving me a bunch of drug war-influenced crap on the subject.

Wikipedia has a great article about MDMA. I don't agree with everything in the article, but it is an excellent starting point.

Also, I think alcohol might be the hardest drug of them all. I don't get in fights. But I might fight someone while drunk. I don't fuck women that I find unattractive. But I might do it for kicks while drunk. I have a great memory . . . except when trying to remember what I did while I was drunk.

Also, I think alcohol might be the hardest drug of them all. I don't get in fights. But I might fight someone while drunk. I don't fuck women that I find unattractive. But I might do it for kicks while drunk. I have a great memory . . . except when trying to remember what I did while I was drunk.

Yeah, it's claims like this that make me want to investigate it further.

None of those things happen to me on any other drug. I find it ironic that alcohol is legal while much lighter drugs such as ecstasy and lsd are class 1 scheduled substances in the US.

Not if you bake it into brownies... geez.

Then, all you have to do is eat more brownies.

dorito brownies are gross