Goodbye Jesus

I'm A Mess

Rockalocka

A 15 year old Sophomore. He loves theater, movies, music and video games. He loves to read and talk endlessly with his friends and the people he loves. But there's a screw that's gone missing. It keeps him from functioning properly sometimes.

And he's still trying to find it.

I'm him. I don't know what happened to me this summer, but my life took a turn into the wild unknown. I became panicked and anxious all the time and I'm still trying to fix that by going to doctors and therapists. I began to doubt a religion and a god that my entire family loves and follows. I experienced freedom and amazing experiences. I learned how to have fun. But the the other things I listed got in the way. I didn't want to exercise because I was afraid I would have a heart attack or a brain aneurysm. I was scared to talk to my parents from fear of judgement. I was scared to wake up thinking, this might be the beginning of the end-times.

I have yet to tell my parents about my change of heart. The Bible is messed up. But even if I tried to tell them, they would pity and shun me. I've made endless mistakes. But damn, I've learned a lot. I know you guys have dealt with my bitching all summer, but thanks for helping me. I look forward to further guidance.

If the anxiety takes hold of you so badly you cannot function well or it hurts you too much, then ask for and seek the services of a mental health professional. Life is too precious to spend in pain and mental anguish.

That being said, 15 years old ( and most of the teenage years) is a time of anxiety and stress for many people. I in no way want to minimize your particular manifestation of pain and turmoil. I only want to present you with a wider context in which to understand your personal struggle.

Hang in there. Seek knowledge - of yourself and the world around you. And learn healthy ways to find peace. You will be okay if you do.