Goodbye Jesus

Escape Community Art Center

PandaPirate

My sister committed suicide by stepping in front of a Metra train on February 24, 2010. That's what got me involved with Escape Community Art Center, which stemmed from a student organization called Students for Suicide Awareness.

Even though my sister died an atheist, I want to believe her spirit is still alive. I miss her so much.

ECAC will help those struggling with mental illness to ESCAPE through ART.

My sister committed suicide by stepping in front of a Metra train on February 24, 2010. That's what got me involved with Escape Community Art Center, which stemmed from a student organization called Students for Suicide Awareness.

Even though my sister died an atheist, I want to believe her spirit is still alive. I miss her so much.

ECAC will help those struggling with mental illness to ESCAPE through ART.

Hi, Panda.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Were you an artist before you got involved with the group? Was your sister an artist? What a beautiful organization. This is a concrete way to honor your sister and transform her death into a life-supporting legacy. How long have you been involved with ECAC?

I had a dear relative die and it took many years to recover. I didn't believe in Heaven or Hell. I did believe in his beautiful daughter who I have since helped nurture and raise, and I believed in the parts of me that were influenced by him: positive attitude and generosity toward friends and strangers. They live on in how we apply the lessons we learn from them. My belief, anyhow.

Be well,

Phanta