Goodbye Jesus

Unexpected Support

RunawayBride

Found in my Facebook inbox this morning:

Keep up the search. I like all your posts about finding yourself and finding the truth about who you are and what you believe. I takes courage and you have great courage.

Sent to me by a former fundy classmate. Reading it made me feel empowered and oddly free. It DOES take courage to break free from indoctrination so all-encompassing as Christianity. It takes courage to explore your own self and be unapologetic about what you do/don't believe about yourself and the world around you.

For someone like me, who has just recently broken free, this was a welcomed boost of support.

• Like 3

That's awesome! BTW, welcome to the site. :)

Nice work. I'm trying to do the same thing, open up positive secular discussions without being anti-religion. You know what they say about honey and vinegar.

Nice work. I'm trying to do the same thing, open up positive secular discussions without being anti-religion. You know what they say about honey and vinegar.

I fully agree. I despise Christians who try to push their opinions/beliefs and I don't want to become the "anti-Christian" equivalent. My goal isn't to "convert" Christians to my way of thinking, so I'm actively trying to communicate my life changes without any judgement or prosthelytizing. "TRYING" being the operative word. Sometimes easier said than done.